Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party  (Read 33359 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party
« Reply #275 on: November 21, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »

I would call a health broker in your area and let them guide you. Last day to sign up is coming up though.

@sneakypete

@mirraflake

Thanks,I didn't even know such critters existed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #276 on: November 21, 2018, 07:19:25 pm »
@mirraflake is spot on.  I have work in the healthcare industry as a CNA and then as an RN or 30 years.   Everything he has posted is true. I’ve have even told other nurses that our wages unsustainable. And I have seen plenty of elderly people being artificially kept alive and brought back into the hospital  to be treated for the same thing over and over again without any positive outcomes

Thank You!!!!!.  I know nursing is rough and you have to put up with a lot I did not mean it was  an easy job.

I have been reading upon health care trends.  You watch @LMAO   the next medical step in the developed world will be  sending patients to China or India   for non emgergency treatment.

Hip transplant in US 27-30k  in India at a world class hospital it's $3500 or less. with the same exact results

It is already taking place  in the US-sending patients to other countries.

South Korea is becoming the worlds leader in plastic surgery at a quarter of the cost in the US.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:22:04 pm by mirraflake »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #277 on: November 21, 2018, 07:56:39 pm »
@GrouchoTex

You ain't the only one. I avoid treatment at the VA hospitals now even if it means I have to do to a regular hospital and pay out of pocket. Last time I went to a VA hospital to have them cut out a "undefined growth" (I  am an Agent Orange vet,and very few of my medical problems are ever defined by the VA),they cut it out,and then forgot to reattach the blood vein when they sewed me up. The result was a loss of circulation that caused my leg to turn black and purple,with them doing nothing more than telling me to take more fluid pills to try to make the swelling go down,and that if nothing else works they will be happy to amputate my leg and give me one of the fancy new high-tech ones.

I basically told them to go piss up a rope because I wanted a second opinion,and went to a local vascular surgeon who told me that IF I had came to him when the problem started it would have been no problem at all,but at that point we had to get rid of the infection before he could operate. It took about 3 weeks for it to heal,and then he did a standard vein replacement procedure right there in his office under a local anesthetic,and 45 minutes later I was out the door and on my way home. 15 years later I am still having trouble with the leg and infections,but I still have it and am still walking around. Even though my leg and foot are still so big I have to wear a bigger shoe on my left foot than my right foot because of the typical swelling.

BTW,I had to pay for the vein replacement surgery and treatments out of pocket,too. No big deal because after Medicare it only ran to 400-500 bucks total.

I was told later that the VA didn't suggest this surgery to me because they didn't offer it,and their doctors are not allowed to suggest surgeries they don't offer.  Because of this they were prepared to amputate my leg and offer me a 20k + prosthetic replacement,+ physical thearapy,as opposed to a couple of hundreds bucks to save my leg.

And people wonder why the government always needs more money.

@sneakypete

Wow!   My eyes and mouth are wide opened after reading that post, my friend.

Thank you for your service!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #278 on: November 21, 2018, 09:02:23 pm »
@GrouchoTex

You ain't the only one. I avoid treatment at the VA hospitals now even if it means I have to do to a regular hospital and pay out of pocket. Last time I went to a VA hospital to have them cut out a "undefined growth" (I  am an Agent Orange vet,and very few of my medical problems are ever defined by the VA),they cut it out,and then forgot to reattach the blood vein when they sewed me up. The result was a loss of circulation that caused my leg to turn black and purple,with them doing nothing more than telling me to take more fluid pills to try to make the swelling go down,and that if nothing else works they will be happy to amputate my leg and give me one of the fancy new high-tech ones.

I basically told them to go piss up a rope because I wanted a second opinion,and went to a local vascular surgeon who told me that IF I had came to him when the problem started it would have been no problem at all,but at that point we had to get rid of the infection before he could operate. It took about 3 weeks for it to heal,and then he did a standard vein replacement procedure right there in his office under a local anesthetic,and 45 minutes later I was out the door and on my way home. 15 years later I am still having trouble with the leg and infections,but I still have it and am still walking around. Even though my leg and foot are still so big I have to wear a bigger shoe on my left foot than my right foot because of the typical swelling.

BTW,I had to pay for the vein replacement surgery and treatments out of pocket,too. No big deal because after Medicare it only ran to 400-500 bucks total.

I was told later that the VA didn't suggest this surgery to me because they didn't offer it,and their doctors are not allowed to suggest surgeries they don't offer.  Because of this they were prepared to amputate my leg and offer me a 20k + prosthetic replacement,+ physical thearapy,as opposed to a couple of hundreds bucks to save my leg.

And people wonder why the government always needs more money.

Thank you for your service Pete.

It's not just the VA.

Whole Country needs to get rid of State by State Govt mandated medication menus/standards of care.

State boards decide which drugs/treatments Docs are allowed to prescribe/perform, even when the Doc knows something else could/would work a whole lot better.

They're cited as a Courtroom defense after the fact.

(Of course that wouldn't cover gross negligence like what the VA did to you.)

And as you'd expect most of those menus are clogged up with obscenely expensive, patent protected drugs.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #279 on: November 21, 2018, 11:31:27 pm »
We have free market in healthcare.  There is competition.  Look at the drug ads on TV competing for the dollar.

The system is broken.    Young healthy people are not enrolling onto health insurance plans only the sick and older folks. Yes fatties are killing health care cost. Rampant HBP, diabetes, numerous cancers, heart disease, sleep apnea, joint problems I could go on and on.

Vast majority of health care cost goes towards obesity related conditions.

Let's not get started on health care wages.  So over inflated it's beyond stupid. Male nurses in my  area are pulling in 120k or more per year, 3 days of work, 4 days off.

As I said the system is broken. 

As for allowing people to die I'm not talkin about  70 year old that needs a stent but in my case  my 94 year old aunt with numerous health conditions that only lived due to machines should have been allowed to die instead of prolonging the treatments for the last 2 years of her life which had zero hope. My 95 year old uncle finally put  a stop to the nonsense and told them no more.

@GrouchoTex

And thus comes the chooser.
In the end, insurance is what is breaking the system. It is risk abatement, and that in itself breaks everything.
There has to be risk. Without risk, there is no profit. Risk abatement is profit abatement.
And risk abatement always has choosers.
People that begin by suggesting less risk-inherent paths.
And end up with the power to drag you by your nose down less risk-inherent paths.
Till THEY are telling YOU what you can and cannot do.

eff friggin choosers.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2018, 01:37:58 am »
@sneakypete -

You're over 65, right?
If so, for gosh sakes, quit relying on the VA system and get yourself into Medicare (I think you have until Dec. 7).
Get yourself into a Medicare advantage plan.
I'd suggest Aetna if they have it where you are.
If they have Aetna, I'd recommend the "Elite PPO" plan (H5521-157).
$0 premium per month and decent plan benefits.
You can use plan doctors or non-plan doctors (that's why they call it PPO).
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:38:33 am by Fishrrman »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2018, 02:47:37 am »
@sneakypete -

You're over 65, right?
If so, for gosh sakes, quit relying on the VA system and get yourself into Medicare (I think you have until Dec. 7).

@Fishrrman

Thank you. That is exactly what I will do.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2018, 02:48:40 am »
@Fishrrman

Thank you. That is exactly what I will do.

You use social programs?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2018, 03:11:26 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #284 on: November 22, 2018, 03:15:51 am »

Offline Dexter

« Reply #285 on: November 22, 2018, 03:27:45 am »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #286 on: November 22, 2018, 03:29:00 am »
How about social security? Any of you use that?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:29:40 am by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #287 on: November 22, 2018, 03:32:11 am »

What are you getting at?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #288 on: November 22, 2018, 04:25:11 am »
@sneakypete -

You're over 65, right?

Blue Shield 65 Plus HMO has served my mother, my mother in law, and prompted me to take it when I hit 65, then my wife.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2018, 05:01:52 am »
You use social programs?

Now see here.

When a person Was working the Govt took money Out of their check with the promise they'd give it back later on when the person couldn't work anymore.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2018, 05:18:42 am »

Now see here.

When a person Was working the Govt took money Out of their check with the promise they'd give it back later on when the person couldn't work anymore.

More to the point, what else is there? If the government weren't taxing the crap out of wealth, and raping inheritance, if government were not curtailing charity in the private sector in order to impose its own, perhaps there would be enough income and wealth in families to take care of their own, and help along the way by robust charities in a position to help... As has been the case across centuries without end.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2018, 05:28:38 am »

Do we have a choice?  It is a cruel ponzi scheme that was forced upon us by Democrats.  It is the single biggest contributor to cyclical poverty today.  It insures that poorer Americans will have zero inheritance to leave to their children and grandchildren.

If the average American were allowed to invest their social security taxes into actual investments, they would retire as millionaires.  And that prospect terrifies Democrat politicians whose livelihoods depend on poor voters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2018, 06:38:05 am »
More to the point, what else is there? If the government weren't taxing the crap out of wealth, and raping inheritance, if government were not curtailing charity in the private sector in order to impose its own, perhaps there would be enough income and wealth in families to take care of their own, and help along the way by robust charities in a position to help... As has been the case across centuries without end.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2018, 08:11:42 am »
If anyone wants to actually know what happened to our health care system, go find the 'The Health Maintenance Organization Act of 1973' passed under Nixon.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2018, 12:40:33 pm »
Is Medicare not social medicine?

@Dexter

Not after you pay into it for 50 years it isn't.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2018, 12:49:44 pm »
@Dexter

Not after you pay into it for 50 years it isn't.

It is literally a social program still and whether or not y’all want to admit it those programs help a lot of people. It sounds like at least one person in this thread would be completely screwed without some of those programs.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2018, 12:51:35 pm »
Is Medicare not social medicine?

Yes. And even conservatives have bought that because they paid into it, it’s theirs

And it’s currently trimming back what it’s willing to pay, is facing insolvency, and has trillions in unfunded liabilities. Anyone who is on Medicare should also have supplemental insurance

The financial  problems facing Medicare, like SS, mostly stem from the fact that there’s more people living longer than when both were enacted. That, and there  isn't enough younger people to pay. Also, and keep an eye out for this in the future, many states, especially CA, NY, and Ill., are facing insurmountable public employee pension crisis. 

You speak often of how Europe is great and does not have the same issues facing them but rest assured, they do. Like this country, the average person on Medicare likes it but most have no idea the problems facing it. They just go to the Doctor or hospital and Medicare pays for part of it. Most never heard of the word “insolvency”or “unfunded liabilities”

I don’t see either SS or Medicare disappearing entirely, although Medicare is in more trouble that SS. But they’ll become more restricted on who and what they’ll pay.

Another thing to watch going forward is all these new Medicaid sign ups under Obamacare in the next decade or so

Politicians in Europe, like those here, know the issues facing their overly generous social programs. But taking away or restricting who receives them is hard once people have come to expect them

Also, add the rise of automation in this mix
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 12:59:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Dexter

« Reply #297 on: November 22, 2018, 01:02:26 pm »
Yes.

And it’s currently trimming back what it’s willing to pay, is facing insolvency, and has trillions in unfunded liabilities. Anyone who is on Medicare should also have supplemental insurance

The financial  problems facing Medicare, like SS, mostly stem from the fact that there’s more people living longer than when both were enacted. That, and there  isn't enough younger people to pay. Also, and keep an eye out for this in the future, many states, especially CA, NY, and Ill., are facing insurmountable public employee pension crisis. 

You speak often of how Europe is great and does not have the same issues facing them but rest assured, they do. Like this country, the average person on Medicare likes it but most have no idea the problems facing it. They just go to the Doctor or hospital and Medicare pays for part of it. Most never heard of the word “insolvency”or “unfunded liabilities”

I don’t see either SS or Medicare disappearing entirely, although Medicare is in more trouble that SS. But they’ll become more restricted on who and what they’ll pay.

Another thing to watch going forward is all these new Medicaid sign ups under Obamacare in the next decade or so

Politicians in Europe, like those here, know the issues facing their overly generous social programs. But taking away or restricting who receives them is hard once people have come to expect them

Also, add the rise of automation in this mix

And here I thought SS struggles were related to the government stealing from our funds. Automation ultimately will make this stuff easier.
-Socrates

Offline LMAO

« Reply #298 on: November 22, 2018, 01:06:22 pm »
And here I thought SS struggles were related to the government stealing from our funds. Automation ultimately will make this stuff easier.

Except SS is not “our funds” The money you paid into SS has been spent on current retirees
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Dexter

« Reply #299 on: November 22, 2018, 01:08:27 pm »
Except SS is not “our funds” The money you paid into SS has been spent on current retirees

More of it has been grabbed and wasted by the government. The program would work fine if it was left unmolested.
-Socrates