Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party  (Read 33533 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ocasio-Cortez prepares for war… on her own party
« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2018, 03:12:35 pm »
That's right, and equally, the other way around... I think you and I are probably old enough to remember what it was like here before, as compared to now... And folks here don't know anywhere near how well they've got it, EVEN YET.

@roamer_1

I had an adverse reaction to the polio shot when it first came out,and was bedridden for months due to fever and not being able to walk. My father was a carpenter that was paid by the hour and had zero insurance. I remember the doctor and his black bag coming to my house and bedside to check on me and provide me with medical care,and oddly enough,my father was able to pay his bills from his weekly paycheck.

Compare that to the medical circuses of today.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2018, 03:13:56 pm »
Because care wise...it's not.  My son has been treated twice in the German healthcare system due to location of where his injury ocurred.

Their system is not better than what we have right now.

Not even close.

A relative in Canada had a torn ACL and a surgery that she would have had in a matter of weeks here took a number of months.

The same is true for more serious issues.

The US health care system, as it was when it was free (not financially, but medically) was vastly superior to Europe's or Canada's.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2018, 03:15:37 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Truth to tell,the 'murikan publik have been told that ONLY government can solve their problems ever since King Franklin and his commie wife infested the White House.

@sneakypete

Truedat
You could go back to Woodrow Wilson, and even Teddy Roosevelt to find government overreach.
The case can be made that Lincoln did it, suspending Habeas Corpus, but that always starts a range war, so I won't bring that up.

:cool:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #253 on: November 21, 2018, 03:26:32 pm »
@roamer_1

I had an adverse reaction to the polio shot when it first came out,and was bedridden for months due to fever and not being able to walk. My father was a carpenter that was paid by the hour and had zero insurance. I remember the doctor and his black bag coming to my house and bedside to check on me and provide me with medical care,and oddly enough,my father was able to pay his bills from his weekly paycheck.

Compare that to the medical circuses of today.

@sneakypete
Ol doc Kiley stitched me up more than once after dark on his kitchen table... Then he'd reach in a drawer and pull out a handful of pain reliever samples and hand them to me... I hardly ever paid him. He always had a lawn mower than needed fixing, or a fence, or a gutter... And he wasn't being nice, either - I am a handy guy and he appreciated my work. Just a couple of mutually beneficial transactions going on here...

But by that time, he was a rare duck. I didn't need insurance until he retired.  :shrug:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #254 on: November 21, 2018, 03:43:30 pm »
Not even close.

A relative in Canada had a torn ACL and a surgery that she would have had in a matter of weeks here took a number of months.

The US health care system, as it was when it was free (not financially, but medically) was vastly superior to Europe's or Canada's.

The closest we have in this country to what Dexter is wanting is the VA system and military healthcare.  And it's not better than what is out on the economy these days.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #255 on: November 21, 2018, 03:46:03 pm »
Not even close.

Germany's system is tiered based on which coverage level you have.  Bottom level..."take this aspirin and wait over there we might get to you in a couple hours."

Top level "right this way we have a private room waiting for you and our best doctors who were all trained in the U.S.  will be with you monetarily."
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #256 on: November 21, 2018, 04:25:08 pm »
The closest we have in this country to what Dexter is wanting is the VA system and military healthcare.  And it's not better than what is out on the economy these days.

@txradioguy

I had emergency heart surgery a couple of months ago (no big deal,just a stent),and am STILL waiting to see if the VA is going to pay my hospital and doctors bills. The nearest VA hospital to me is 75 miles away,so I went to a local hospital.

Meanwhile,the medical bills are still rolling in,my credit rating is taking a hit again,and I still don't have a clue about if they are going to pay or not,DESPITE me being a 100 percent service-connected disabled veteran.

I ended up having to pay my own bills for the last 3 emergency operations I had because the VA ruled that I should have gone to a VA hospital for treatment or applied and gotten approval in advance.

How many of YOU  want "free medical care" like this?

BTW,if you want to amuse yourself,try to buy medical insurance after telling them you are an Agent Orange veteran.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #257 on: November 21, 2018, 05:11:23 pm »
Because care wise...it's not.  My son has been treated twice in the German healthcare system due to location of where his injury ocurred.

Their system is not better than what we have right now.

I have a friend who grew up in Germany. In her late teens, she tore a ligament in her knee playing volleyball. Instead of repairing the torn ligament, the German doctors told her that she would be able to walk but could never play volleyball again.

Years later, she moved to the US. She was surprised to learn from Doctor's here that repairing ligaments is routine. She couldn't understand since she had been led to believe in Germany that the US. let people die outside in the streets at hospitals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #258 on: November 21, 2018, 05:14:53 pm »
Because they're rich, and healthcare here is the best in the world if you're rich. If you're not rich then you're better off in Europe.

Rich Europeans are better off because they can afford to fly to the US for their health care.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #259 on: November 21, 2018, 05:22:20 pm »

BTW,if you want to amuse yourself,try to buy medical insurance after telling them you are an Agent Orange veteran.

You can enroll every Nov to Dec 15th-no medical questions. They have to take you. No one is denied. No prexisting conditions.

If you are 65 + same with Medicare. Open enrollment every Oct-December.

@sneakypete

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #260 on: November 21, 2018, 05:37:32 pm »

I’m against preexisting condition mandates and single payer. The only thing that will fix this problem is for all government entities, from the feds to the villages, to end health insurance requirements including HIPPA. That’s it. All costs will plummet making it possible for the average working American to pay OOP.

I have been a health insurance broker for 30+ years with over 10 of the top carriers.

The no Pre -Ex clause, Cobra(Under Reagan) and Hipaa portability is the best thing to happen to the American consumer.

Before these took affect I have seen literally hundreds of people  lose their job at age 55 due to downturns or offshoring, no one will hire them due to their age and they have serious health conditions and lose everything  to pay for their health care  and declare bankruptcy  because they could not purchase health insurance.

You and your husband are gov't employees with cushy health care and pensions that allow you to retire in your early to mid 50's  and you don't  have a clue what the average American has to pay for their premiums.

My wife and I pay $1600 month for a $4000 deductible each and we are age 56 and 57.

What is costing health insurance cost to rise is the rampant opbesity/smoking of the American people and the American people demanding insurance co's pay for the latest million dollar procedure/drugs and treating people on their death bed at age 95 with expensive treatment when they should be just allowed to die.

Your let them eat cake attitude is why Republicans lost this November. Health care cost is killing the American family. and it was the #1 issue this past November.

@goodwithagun
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:43:36 pm by mirraflake »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #261 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:33 pm »
You can enroll every Nov to Dec 15th-no medical questions. They have to take you. No one is denied. No prexisting conditions.

If you are 65 + same with Medicare. Open enrollment every Oct-December.

@sneakypete

@mirraflake

This also applies to a 100 percent service-connected veteran already on Medicare? I was under the impression my only option was to pay Medicare more for a better grade of Medicare?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #262 on: November 21, 2018, 05:48:54 pm »
@txradioguy

I had emergency heart surgery a couple of months ago (no big deal,just a stent),and am STILL waiting to see if the VA is going to pay my hospital and doctors bills. The nearest VA hospital to me is 75 miles away,so I went to a local hospital.

Meanwhile,the medical bills are still rolling in,my credit rating is taking a hit again,and I still don't have a clue about if they are going to pay or not,DESPITE me being a 100 percent service-connected disabled veteran.

I ended up having to pay my own bills for the last 3 emergency operations I had because the VA ruled that I should have gone to a VA hospital for treatment or applied and gotten approval in advance.

How many of YOU  want "free medical care" like this?

I know it's an understatement...but that is just not right on so many levels Pete.  I'm sorry they are doing that to you.

I had to help my father-in-law recently after he had a stroke and was treated via the VA.  It's given me more insight into the VA as I approach retirement than I wanted to see.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #263 on: November 21, 2018, 05:55:31 pm »
"What is costing health insurance cost to rise is the rampant opbesity/smoking of the American people and the American people demanding insurance co's pay for the latest million dollar procedure/drugs and treating people on their death bed at age 95 with expensive treatment when they should be just allowed to die."

@mirraflake

Great, now you come along and tell us how to live and when to die.
No thanks.

The cost have skyrocketed because real competition has been squelched by the government, who has had its hand in this far too long, and continues to try and takeover more all the time.
The government pays 70 cents on the dollar for those on their programs, and the difference is made up by us.
Hell, they've been shooting for 60 cents on the dollar.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2018, 05:55:54 pm »
@mirraflake

This also applies to a 100 percent service-connected veteran already on Medicare? I was under the impression my only option was to pay Medicare more for a better grade of Medicare?

Yes, you would have to pay more. If you have Part B Medicare as well you can enroll onto a private Medicare Supp with numerous carriers.  Not sure of your age  but most would be $120-150 month + a Part D drug card which is another 10-100.00 depending on what plan.

There are also Medicare select/advantage plans you can enroll into that cost you zero or very little but these plans usually have some sort of deductible and coinsurance and you have to use their network. How these plans wotk that cost you zero is the gov't  instead of paying claims as they role in,  they give the carrier so much each month  for each member..say $600. I f you use $300 the carrier  makes 300 off of you . If you use $700 the insurance carrier lose a 100 that month. The law of averages is more people are healthy than unheahlthy so they make money.

I would call a health broker in your area and let them guide you. Last day to sign up is coming up though.

@sneakypete

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2018, 05:56:03 pm »
I know it's an understatement...but that is just not right on so many levels Pete.  I'm sorry they are doing that to you.

I had to help my father-in-law recently after he had a stroke and was treated via the VA.  It's given me more insight into the VA as I approach retirement than I wanted to see.

@txradioguy

It's not just me,it's practically everybody,as you noticed with your FIL.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2018, 06:00:55 pm »
@txradioguy

It's not just me,it's practically everybody,as you noticed with your FIL.

Yeah I saw that.  He's 67 now and because his disability isn't service related and he didn't retire...he doesn't get the full health benefits that he should now.  We were literally one step ahead of the VA trying to get his Medicaid Part B in place to cover his 10 days in the UofL stroke center.

Now we're waiting for his Part A to kick in.  He had to pay a penalty and wait a year to get Part A because he failed to enroll when he turned 65.  The person he'd been working with at the VA told him he was automatically enrolled when he wasn't.  We didn't find that out until he was already at the hospital.

We ducked a huge financial bullet because when he was having his stroke I took him straight to the VA Hospital ER in Louisville instead of the local hospital.  Because we went there first and they transported him to UofL the VA picked up the initial tab.

But even in his after care it's been a sh*t fight with them to get the authorizations for physical and speech therapy.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2018, 06:03:23 pm »
Yeah I saw that.  He's 67 now and because his disability isn't service related and he didn't retire...he doesn't get the full health benefits that he should now.  We were literally one step ahead of the VA trying to get his Medicaid Part B in place to cover his 10 days in the UofL stroke center.

Now we're waiting for his Part A to kick in.  He had to pay a penalty and wait a year to get Part A because he failed to enroll when he turned 65.  The person he'd been working with at the VA told him he was automatically enrolled when he wasn't.  We didn't find that out until he was already at the hospital.

We ducked a huge financial bullet because when he was having his stroke I took him straight to the VA Hospital ER in Louisville instead of the local hospital.  Because we went there first and they transported him to UofL the VA picked up the initial tab.

But even in his after care it's been a sh*t fight with them to get the authorizations for physical and speech therapy.

@txradioguy
@sneakypete

Astounding to me that some think we should institute this kind of thing nationwide, to the whole populace.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2018, 06:11:16 pm »
"What is costing health insurance cost to rise is the rampant opbesity/smoking of the American people and the American people demanding insurance co's pay for the latest million dollar procedure/drugs and treating people on their death bed at age 95 with expensive treatment when they should be just allowed to die."

@mirraflake

Great, now you come along and tell us how to live and when to die.
No thanks.

The cost have skyrocketed because real competition has been squelched by the government, who has had its hand in this far too long, and continues to try and takeover more all the time.
The government pays 70 cents on the dollar for those on their programs, and the difference is made up by us.
Hell, they've been shooting for 60 cents on the dollar.

We have free market in healthcare.  There is competition.  Look at the drug ads on TV competing for the dollar.

The system is broken.    Young healthy people are not enrolling onto health insurance plans only the sick and older folks. Yes fatties are killing health care cost. Rampant HBP, diabetes, numerous cancers, heart disease, sleep apnea, joint problems I could go on and on.

Vast majority of health care cost goes towards obesity related conditions.

Let's not get started on health care wages.  So over inflated it's beyond stupid. Male nurses in my  area are pulling in 120k or more per year, 3 days of work, 4 days off.

As I said the system is broken. 

As for allowing people to die I'm not talkin about  70 year old that needs a stent but in my case  my 94 year old aunt with numerous health conditions that only lived due to machines should have been allowed to die instead of prolonging the treatments for the last 2 years of her life which had zero hope. My 95 year old uncle finally put  a stop to the nonsense and told them no more.

@GrouchoTex
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 06:20:35 pm by mirraflake »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2018, 06:18:39 pm »
@txradioguy
@sneakypete

Astounding to me that some think we should institute this kind of thing nationwide, to the whole populace.

But...but...it's fair!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2018, 06:23:56 pm »
I like lil horseface.  She's got spunk. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2018, 06:30:09 pm »

@txradioguy

It can be a real nightmare when you consider the confusion of many elderly vets,and the misinformation sometimes given to them by VA clerks that don't really know what they are talking about,

If you continue to have problems,try contacting the Disabled American Vets rep at your local VA hospital. Their people DO know the regulations,and usually have good connections at the VA hospital and know who to see there to cut red tape or correct mistakes quickly.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2018, 06:34:47 pm »
@txradioguy

It can be a real nightmare when you consider the confusion of many elderly vets,and the misinformation sometimes given to them by VA clerks that don't really know what they are talking about,

If you continue to have problems,try contacting the Disabled American Vets rep at your local VA hospital. Their people DO know the regulations,and usually have good connections at the VA hospital and know who to see there to cut red tape or correct mistakes quickly.

Thanks Pete...I'll have to remember that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2018, 06:42:08 pm »
@txradioguy
@sneakypete

@GrouchoTex

You ain't the only one. I avoid treatment at the VA hospitals now even if it means I have to do to a regular hospital and pay out of pocket. Last time I went to a VA hospital to have them cut out a "undefined growth" (I  am an Agent Orange vet,and very few of my medical problems are ever defined by the VA),they cut it out,and then forgot to reattach the blood vein when they sewed me up. The result was a loss of circulation that caused my leg to turn black and purple,with them doing nothing more than telling me to take more fluid pills to try to make the swelling go down,and that if nothing else works they will be happy to amputate my leg and give me one of the fancy new high-tech ones.

I basically told them to go piss up a rope because I wanted a second opinion,and went to a local vascular surgeon who told me that IF I had came to him when the problem started it would have been no problem at all,but at that point we had to get rid of the infection before he could operate. It took about 3 weeks for it to heal,and then he did a standard vein replacement procedure right there in his office under a local anesthetic,and 45 minutes later I was out the door and on my way home. 15 years later I am still having trouble with the leg and infections,but I still have it and am still walking around. Even though my leg and foot are still so big I have to wear a bigger shoe on my left foot than my right foot because of the typical swelling.

BTW,I had to pay for the vein replacement surgery and treatments out of pocket,too. No big deal because after Medicare it only ran to 400-500 bucks total.

I was told later that the VA didn't suggest this surgery to me because they didn't offer it,and their doctors are not allowed to suggest surgeries they don't offer.  Because of this they were prepared to amputate my leg and offer me a 20k + prosthetic replacement,+ physical thearapy,as opposed to a couple of hundreds bucks to save my leg.

And people wonder why the government always needs more money.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #274 on: November 21, 2018, 07:04:04 pm »
@mirraflake is spot on.  I have work in the healthcare industry as a CNA and then as an RN or 30 years.   Everything he has posted is true. I’ve have even told other nurses that our wages are unsustainable. And I have seen plenty of elderly people being artificially kept alive and brought back into the hospital  to be treated for the same thing over and over again without any positive outcomes

I have also seen the  people come in through the emergency room over and over and admitted in to the hospital  over and over  because of poor lifestyle choices that they keep making

These problems will get worse not only here but throughout Europe and other parts of the world as the population’s age more and more and there’s fewer young people able or even willing to pay for all this

« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:15:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy