Author Topic: Pluto TV -free internet television  (Read 1264 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Pluto TV -free internet television
« on: November 16, 2018, 02:43:51 pm »
Found this recently and am very impressed by it. I like several channels but mostly watch WPT.
I hope this is of value to the board. Enjoy.

Pluto TV
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pluto TV is an Internet-based TV platform operated by Pluto Inc.[1][2] The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Los Angeles, California.[3] Pluto TV runs as an app on 14 platforms,[4] including Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, Roku, and PlayStation consoles.[5] The company currently has more than 75 content partners, over 100 free channels, and reaches over 6 million monthly active users.[6] Pluto TV generates revenue from video advertisements between programming, with plans to remain a free television provider.[7] Pluto TV licenses its content directly from providers.[8]

http://pluto.tv/watch/world-poker-tour
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 02:45:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Pluto TV -free internet television
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:58:38 pm »
I installed it on my Ruko but I found the commercials on pluto to be excessive and repetitive.

But to be fair I haven't tuned into that channel now for about 3 months.  If it has changed I'll give it another looksee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 03:28:02 pm »
I installed it on my Ruko but I found the commercials on pluto to be excessive and repetitive.

But to be fair I haven't tuned into that channel now for about 3 months.  If it has changed I'll give it another looksee.
Can't remember which Roku channel it was, but I was watching something a few weeks ago that was half and half. Three minutes of show, three minutes of commercials, three minutes of show, and on and on. Obviously I change the channel to something more reasonable.

Pluto seem to be fine with me with amount and volume of ads. If you want crazy commercials, try watching anything on Roku History Channel. Good Grief! Not only do the commercials come every few minutes, but they turn the volume up on the commercials by 30-50%. They were literally blasting me out of my chair. I could only watch it with the remote in my hand to 'mute' every time a commercial came on. Each ad came on at a different volume. Some of them were crazy loud.

Sent them an email complaining about it. They responded and said they would check into it. No way I can know if they did anything about it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 03:30:46 pm »
Enjoyed Pluto for awhile, then I realized they rerun, rerun, and rerun to kazoo their content.

Does anyone know how often they change shows out?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 03:34:38 pm »

it hasn't changed.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 03:37:42 pm »
Enjoyed Pluto for awhile, then I realized they rerun, rerun, and rerun to kazoo their content.

That's true. But, it is not really a real network. It is just a lark by a few guys so...
As far as I can tell, it seems to be weekly or possibly biweekly, or whenever they happen to contract new content. It doesn't seem to be scheduled.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 03:40:00 pm »
Here is another. tubi tv. A phone app.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:43:33 pm »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 04:19:42 pm »
Well, I can see that. My TV is on Pluto/WPT channel quite a bit, and the commercials are not an issue with me. They are repetitive, but it's like that with most Roku channels. I've seen play the same ad twice or three times in a row back to back. There are just not that many corporations who are willing to climb aboard internet tv yet. They simply don't have that many sponsors. It will be totally different 5 years from now.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 12:20:11 am »

Well, it is free—and since it costs money to produce new content, reruns—especially cheap reruns—will always be their cornerstone.

For a service with no registration or cost, I'm impressed with the selection they offer. I caught a show on Pluto that I had not seen since the 1990s when I was a kid

They might never be Netflix, but for killing time when bored, it's not a bad service and definitely worth keeping on the smart-TV device.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024