Author Topic: Permian Pipes Are Coming, But The Workers Aren't  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Permian Pipes Are Coming, But The Workers Aren't
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 02:56:04 am »
Two prognostications:

1.  He will have a beard

2.  He will seem to have grown a couple of years of maturity. Especially as he is a lead man out there.
#1 - He's had a beard since he came home from the Navy (MMN6).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:58:21 am by Elderberry »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 03:49:16 am »
#1 - He's had a beard since he came home from the Navy (MMN6).
Then it is likely he kept it.

Let us know on 2
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 11:01:34 pm »
Two prognostications:

1.  He will have a beard

2.  He will seem to have grown a couple of years of maturity. Especially as he is a lead man out there.

His beard is full now. He made it home Tuesday, then Wednesday, had me drive him to Dallas to pick up a 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser he'd put a down payment on. It had 40,000 miles on it and looked brand new. He wanted something much more dependable  and safe than the 98 Z71, with 270,000 miles on it, he was currently driving.

And he just left, they need him at the rig in the morning. No more 20/10 as a lead. When the rig's working, he's working. He said, on estimate, he's putting in around 130 hrs a week. He said a lot of it is due to the inexperience of the night crew.

Before they made him lead, the last well he was on, they broke some record on completion time. He said the company bought everyone a pellet bbq pit. It hadn't been delivered yet.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 11:20:54 pm »
Now after the last layoff cycle he he going back to the field. He was just recently picked up and hasn't yet received his first assignment. He's hoping its not Permian though.

I have many co-workers who have been offered work in West Texas, but they are choosing to remain in the Gulf.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 01:51:17 am »
His beard is full now. He made it home Tuesday, then Wednesday, had me drive him to Dallas to pick up a 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser he'd put a down payment on. It had 40,000 miles on it and looked brand new. He wanted something much more dependable  and safe than the 98 Z71, with 270,000 miles on it, he was currently driving.

And he just left, they need him at the rig in the morning. No more 20/10 as a lead. When the rig's working, he's working. He said, on estimate, he's putting in around 130 hrs a week. He said a lot of it is due to the inexperience of the night crew.

Before they made him lead, the last well he was on, they broke some record on completion time. He said the company bought everyone a pellet bbq pit. It hadn't been delivered yet.
I bet your feet rarely touch the ground anymore.

You have apparently adequately prepared your son for the role of manhood, with the first phase knowing how to work, and work hard and well.

Great foundation for the subsequent phases.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington