Author Topic: Dems gain veto-proof supermajority in California legislature  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Suppressed

Dems gain veto-proof supermajority in California legislature
« on: November 13, 2018, 04:26:09 am »
Dems gain veto-proof supermajority in California legislature
BY MORGAN GSTALTER - 11/12/18 08:57 PM EST

[...]

Democrats now have a two-thirds advantage in the 40-person Senate and in the 80-person Assembly.

The massive supermajority gives the party the ability to raise taxes, suspend legislative rules and override vetoes without Republican votes.

The AP noted that Democrats are also in every statewide office, including Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom (D),

[...]

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/416351-dems-gain-veto-proof-supermajority-in-california-state-senate-after
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Dems gain veto-proof supermajority in California legislature
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:33:05 am »
Awesome for them. I'm sure now all the 5 million people who left over the last ten years are calling to order U-Hauls to head back.

Online DB

Re: Dems gain veto-proof supermajority in California legislature
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:19:58 am »
And yet Republicans will still be to blame for the disasters they legislate in Sacramento...

When tech has its next major down turn, and it will, California is going to be reaping what it has sown all these years.