Author Topic: The Legacy of Jeff Sessions  (Read 419 times)

Offline corbe

The Legacy of Jeff Sessions
« on: November 09, 2018, 06:16:25 pm »
The Legacy of Jeff Sessions

Jeff Sessions corrected many wrongs in the department created under the Obama administration.

by Hans A. von Spakovsky 
November 9, 2018

Here’s a proposition it’s hard to argue against: Edwin Meese is the person best positioned to assess Jeff Sessions’ tenure as attorney general of the United States because he is one of the best lawyers to ever to serve in that office.

And Meese gives Sessions two thumbs up, saying that he served “with distinction” and “restored integrity to the Justice Department.” One of Sessions’ main accomplishments, Meese noted, was the department’s “renewed emphasis on fighting violent crime, illegal immigration, and the drug epidemic.”

Meese is not alone in his assessment. Former Attorneys General William Barr and Michael Mukasey have also opined that Sessions was “outstanding” in his role.

Sessions served as attorney general for the almost two years. In examining his record in office, it is important to understand the handicaps he encountered when he was sworn in on Feb. 8, 2017, and that he endured for most of his tenure.

<..snip..>

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/legacy-jeff-sessions-35662
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

Re: The Legacy of Jeff Sessions
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 06:42:07 pm »

I'm happy to give Sessions all due credit. Aside from civil asset forfeiture, the main beef with him is the recusal that led to two years of the Ringling Bros. and Robert Mueller Circus.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 06:49:46 pm »
I wasn't Happy about CAF.
However, he may have been the best AG we've had when it comes to border security.

I am curious to know if we will ever find out why he recused himself in the Russia probe.
His claim is that, since they were investigating the campaign, and he was a part of it, it would look like a conflict of interest.
If he did get involved, would the Dems be screaming that he was trying to cover things up?
Perhaps, I would not put it past them.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't, type of situation.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 07:03:23 pm »
Ever notice that excellent conservatives like Lee, Sessions, and Cruz, all the sudden have become vilified under this POTUS.

Accident I guess.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:23:10 pm »
What Sessions may have been depends on one's perspective.
One attribute he did not have was stature and I'm not talking
about his height.
He was invisible, mousey and hardly feared by his enemies.