Author Topic: Venezuela: about 3m have fled political and economic crisis since 2015, UN says  (Read 394 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Venezuela: about 3m have fled political and economic crisis since 2015, UN says
Exodus driven by violence, hyperinflation and food and medicine shortage amounts to about one in 12 of the country’s population
Joe Parkin Daniels in Bogotá and agencies in Geneva
@joeparkdan

Thu 8 Nov 2018
Last modified on Thu 8 Nov 2018

Venezuelan migrants travel aboard a truck in Tumbes, Peru, near the Ecuador border, on 1 November. Photograph: Juan Vita/AFP/Getty Images

The exodus of Venezuelans fleeing economic and political crisis in their homeland has accelerated dramatically, reaching a total of about 3 million since 2015, the United Nations has announced.

The new figures show that about one in 12 of the population has now left the country, driven by violence, hyperinflation and shortages of food and medicines.

The rate of migration has sped up in the past six months, said William Spindler of the UN high commissioner for refugees (UNHCR), which appealed for greater international efforts to ease the strain on Venezuela’s neighbours.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/venezuela-migrants-fleeing-exodus-increase-united-nations

Honestly, the news got sort of sleepy today, news from the ME mainly. Any help here is appreciated. One crucial story really is a lot of what is happening in Venezuela currently.  3,000,000 have fled the country, population is 31 million, so that's close to 10% who have fled and who knows how accurate the figures are.

Online DB

How many of those 3 million voted for what they are fleeing?

Online dfwgator

How many of those 3 million voted for what they are fleeing?

And will come here and vote for the same?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Take over Venezuela, they have lots of oil, and send all of the refugees from everywhere there. I know that's a silly notion... but the number of refugees around the world is something like 70 million, some are indeed, in need.

For the record, most of these refugees honestly are going to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and indeed, Brazil too. There are plenty of stories on them, they aren't so much as coming here for now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:36:18 am by TomSea »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Take over Venezuela, they have lots of oil, and send all of the refugees from everywhere there. I know that's a silly notion... but the number of refugees around the world is something like 70 million, some are indeed, in need.

For the record, most of these refugees honestly are going to Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and indeed, Brazil too. There are plenty of stories on them, they aren't so much as coming here for now.
Tom, why do you believe they are honest in going to those countries?

Would they be honest if they come here illegally?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
All while the UN pressures the USA to take them all in -_-
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw