Author Topic: 9 people arrested for alleged voter fraud in Hidalgo County - More arrests expected  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KTRE 9 By Stephanie Frazier | November 8, 2018

HIDALGO COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - Attorney General Ken Paxton announced on Thursday that the Election Fraud Unit of his office arrested nine individuals accused of participating in an organized illegal voting scheme in Edinburg.

The AG’s office says the arrests follow an ongoing investigation into a coordinated effort by political workers to recruit people who agreed to fraudulently claim residential addresses so they could vote in specific city of Edinburg municipal races.

More: http://www.ktre.com/2018/11/08/people-arrested-alleged-voter-fraud-hidalgo-county/

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.sentinelalert.org/

According to Texas law, it is a second-degree felony to vote in an election using a fraudulent residence address and, under a new law, it is a first-degree felony for organizers to engage in organized election fraud activity to commit illegal voting.

“Illegal voting, particularly an organized illegal voting scheme orchestrated by political operatives, is an affront to democracy and results in corruption at the highest level,” Attorney General Paxton said. “Each illegal vote silences the voice of a law-abiding registered voter. My office will continue to do everything in its power to uncover illegal voting schemes and bring to justice those who try to manipulate the outcome of elections in Texas.”

Offline GrouchoTex

Good,
I hope the AG roots them all out.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Good.  I'm glad he's doing that.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Put all of them behind bars.
Principles matter. Words matter.