Author Topic: Can you tell the difference? First AI newsreader looks UNCANNILY like real deal  (Read 891 times)

Offline thackney

Can you tell the difference? First AI newsreader looks UNCANNILY like real deal
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1042682/China-AI-newsreader-video-Sogou-robotics-robots-Xinhua-News-Oxford-University
 Nov 8, 2018

The AI’s looks are closely modelled on a real news anchor, and its lips are matched to frame each word that is programmed to come out of its mouth.

The agency jokes that he works 24/7 without taking any overtime.

Xinhua News claims the presenter can “read texts as naturally as a professional news anchor”....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Suppressed

I find the voice synthesis odd.  Pan-AH-ma, sometimes, but not always. Interesting news story, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mirraflake

Abba the rock group is coming out with a new album-first in 35 years. They are doing this AI in a concert setting because both gals are apprehensive to show the public how they  have aged. Frida is now 73 years old.

Offline dfwgator

Abba the rock group is coming out with a new album-first in 35 years. They are doing this AI in a concert setting because both gals are apprehensive to show the public how they  have aged. Frida is now 73 years old.

It's coming, I suspect eventually there will be a Beatles AI concert that will look and sound like the real thing.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Wasn't Max Headroom the first AI newscaster?

Offline Night Hides Not

It's coming, I suspect eventually there will be a Beatles AI concert that will look and sound like the real thing.

Ever seen Rain?

Their current show includes a rendition of the complete "Sergeant Pepper". Great show!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

Wasn't Max Headroom the first AI newscaster?

I'd say you're correct.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.