Author Topic: Chris Christie being considered to replace Sessions as AG  (Read 2493 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Chris Christie being considered to replace Sessions as AG
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »
Oh fun, we're heading for another unhinged meltdown.

:pop41:

Thanks, you don't have jacksquat but ad homs, made my day.

And made my point, there's probably few choices, realistically.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:46:20 pm by TomSea »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »
Rush just said he heard the rumor that Lindsey Graham as AG and Nikki Haley takes Graham's senate seat
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 07:54:38 pm »

You're right, Christie would be great.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 08:50:51 pm »
Perfect choice.  Somebody’s got to eat all those cookies Keebler elf Sessions left behind.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
Rush just said he heard the rumor that Lindsey Graham as AG and Nikki Haley takes Graham's senate seat

Can they just place Haley in that seat?  Wouldn't they have to hold a special election?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:50 pm »
I know that Ted fought like heck to win his Senate seat, but he would make an excellent AG and he would serve Trump and the American people very well.  I think he'd enjoy helping to drain that swamp!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 09:01:16 pm »
I know that Ted fought like heck to win his Senate seat, but he would make an excellent AG and he would serve Trump and the American people very well.  I think he'd enjoy helping to drain that swamp!

Yeah, Cruz can defend  vibrators and sex toys being illegal up in the Scotus.  :silly:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 09:05:18 pm »
Christie claim is he tried and convicted terrorists, he probably did that some. One can research it for oneslf. Not a bad credential in Realville.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:36 pm »
Mark Levin   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 09:42:53 pm »
Pro-LIFE politicians not good enough for you? One's who are doers and not  just talk??

**nononono*

@goodwithagun

Why do you automatically go to that line of defense when you’ve been proven wrong about it so many time? By the way, that’s a rhetorical question.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 09:44:51 pm »

OH MY GOD! Typed by the same person that always goes to his failed prolife claim when there’s literally nothing else left.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 09:46:29 pm »
You're right, Christie would be great.

The camel toe  :3:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 09:53:02 pm »
Noooooooooooooooo!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 09:55:06 pm »
Noooooooooooooooo!

Some of us haven't forgotten the great big wet kiss Christie gave Obama on the eve of the 2012 election.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2018, 09:56:11 pm »
Some of us haven't forgotten the great big wet kiss Christie gave Obama on the eve of the 2012 election.

I'm still trying to.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2018, 09:56:37 pm »

That senate race should not have been that close, but Beto seemed to capture a certain low I.Q.segment of the population.

I agree with you that Ted would make a great AG but I don't think he would leave the Senate to take that post.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2018, 09:58:39 pm »
Can they just place Haley in that seat?  Wouldn't they have to hold a special election?

That's what I was wondering ... I mean, could she just be appointed?  I don't know the rules that well, but that would be a good thing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2018, 10:10:54 pm »
Former Kavanaugh colleague among group being considered to replace Sessions as AG: reports

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

President Trump is considering a retired federal appeals court judge who also served on the California Supreme Court as the next U.S. attorney general following the Wednesday resignation of Jeff Sessions, according to reports.

Janice Rogers Brown, who is African-American and well-liked in conservative circles, served alongside Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and spoke to the White House about the job in recent weeks, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Brown was appointed to the 11-member U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., in 2005 by former President George W. Bush. She was one of the most conservative voices on the court.

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-kavanaugh-colleague-among-group-being-considered-to-replace-sessions-as-ag-reports
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2018, 10:15:57 pm »
Great man, great choice, knows the law and constitution way better than almost anyone. Pretty accomplished too. A few decisions he made I may not like but that shouldn't affect AG performance.

I agree;  he'd make a great choice.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »
Noooooooooooooooo!

This is exactly what I was going to type.

Only louder.....

Noooooooooooooooo!

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:04 pm »
Former Kavanaugh colleague among group being considered to replace Sessions as AG: reports

President Trump is considering a retired federal appeals court judge who also served on the California Supreme Court as the next U.S. attorney general following the Wednesday resignation of Jeff Sessions, according to reports.

Janice Rogers Brown, who is African-American and well-liked in conservative circles, served alongside Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and spoke to the White House about the job in recent weeks, the Sacramento Bee reported.

Brown was appointed to the 11-member U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C., in 2005 by former President George W. Bush. She was one of the most conservative voices on the court.

<..snip..>

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-kavanaugh-colleague-among-group-being-considered-to-replace-sessions-as-ag-reports

Wasn't she considered for  SCOTUS under Bush also?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2018, 10:24:58 pm »

<..snip..>

ooh, yasss. Although I'd much rather see her on SCOTUS.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2018, 10:26:14 pm »
Wasn't she considered for  SCOTUS under Bush also?
There were whispers, but she was one of the judges the Dems blocked with a filibuster back in 2004.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2018, 10:55:24 pm »
There were whispers, but she was one of the judges the Dems blocked with a filibuster back in 2004.

Ah, yes...  I seem to remember that.  They blocked a lot of good, qualified judges............ something Republicans never do.