Author Topic: How much of your money should the government take?  (Read 9791 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: How much of your money should the government take?
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2018, 02:46:19 pm »
Naw. This idiocy will stop. And we'll survive it. Because we still have enough self reliance out here to make it happen.

Our government imposes its will with force and if needed, violence. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:01 pm »
Our government imposes its will with force and if needed, violence. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is.

The last place they will ever take is these blue Rockies. Come give it a whirl. We're ready.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2018, 03:08:05 pm »
The last place they will ever take is these blue Rockies. Come give it a whirl. We're ready.

You won't get enough people to follow you. Most people don't want to die.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:09:05 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2018, 03:23:59 pm »

888mouth

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2018, 04:10:38 pm »
You won't get enough people to follow you. Most people don't want to die.

You might be surprised. We love our liberty out here in the west, as do our sister states. You might just bite off more than you can chew.

There is no love for the federal government out here.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2018, 04:15:48 pm »
No... In fact, home-schooled kids invariably get better grades than public school kids do.

Yes, but home school kids tend to be cherry picked from ideal parents.

I'm all for homeschooling but all the homeschooling parents I know have college degrees and have higher IQ's.  Home school parents (notice I said parents)  tend to be very ambitious and have strict academic and career goals for their kids. My niece is going to homeschool. She has advanced degrees and her hubby, equally intelligent,  pulls in a very nice 3 figure income so she can quit her job. They are very conservative ad most of their friends also high earners and achievers are all homeschooling.

Have you seen what the average family and kid  what America is breeding today? Fat, dumb, drugged out  and lazy. I doubt 5% could homeschool.

The public schools have to take the low IQ kids from low IQ univolved  parents and try to do something with them.

@roamer_1
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 04:21:20 pm by mirraflake »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2018, 04:16:36 pm »

I'm all for homeschooling but all the homeschooling parents I know have college degrees and have higher IQ's.  Home school parents (notice I said parents)  tend to be very ambitious and have strict academic and career goals for their kids. My niece is going to homeschool. She has advanced degrees and her hubby, equally intelligent,  pulled in a very nice 3 figure income so she can quit her job.

Have you seen what the average family and kid  what America is breeding today? Fat, dumb, drugged out  and lazy. I doubt 90% could homeschool.

The public schools have to take the low IQ kids from low IQ univolved  parents and try to do something with them.

@roamer_1

It's all tied to the Government's War on the Nuclear Family.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2018, 04:21:42 pm »
The public schools have to take the low IQ kids

A lot of those children are quite intelligent and have a lot of potential. Unfortunately some very smart children have very uninvolved parents.
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2018, 04:22:07 pm »

I'm all for homeschooling but all the homeschooling parents I know have college degrees and have higher IQ's.  Home school parents (notice I said parents)  tend to be very ambitious and have strict academic and career goals for their kids. My niece is going to homeschool. She has advanced degrees and her hubby, equally intelligent,  pulled in a very nice 3 figure income so she can quit her job.

Have you seen what the average family and kid  what America is breeding today? Fat, dumb, drugged out  and lazy. I doubt 90% could homeschool.

@roamer_1

@mirraflake
I can see your point, but I disagree. ALL the hillbillies out here home school. They live too far out to go in to school... And all those kids study under solar or lantern light... Yes there are still plenty of houses out here that burn lanterns and heat with wood. And all those hillbilly kids get super good grades too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2018, 04:25:34 pm »
It's all tied to the Government's War on the Nuclear Family.

That's right - And the only way to break the chain is to take your kids out of public school.
And I am damn proud of them that do.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2018, 05:15:14 pm »
@Axeslinger

That's not. Providing statistics to the federal government explicitly leaves the feds in charge.
The quality of the student can be readily assessed by the collegiate system and in the general success of the population at large. The state is certainly free to survey and complete its own internal statistics.
@roamer_1
I agree with you, my submittal was in the spirit of @Dexter question of trying to find middle ground to return education to the states.  My proposal would move the needle a helluva lot closer to the federalism side of the equation, allowing fedgov input ONLY when a state demonstrably fails to live up to their OWN self mandated standards.

Also your notion of college system assessment inherently accepts the potential for an entire generation within that state to be under educated.  I think there do need to be statewide benchmarks along the way...again all mandated within the STATES educational system
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 05:21:30 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2018, 05:33:09 pm »
@roamer_1
I agree with you, my submittal was in the spirit of @Dexter question of trying to find middle ground to return education to the states.  My proposal would move the needle a helluva lot closer to the federalism side of the equation, allowing fedgov input ONLY when a state demonstrably fails to live up to their OWN self mandated standards.

@Axeslinger
Yes, I see.

Also your notion of college system assessment inherently accepts the potential for an entire generation within that state to be under educated.  I think there do need to be statewide benchmarks along the way...again all mandated within the STATES educational system

I mean that the inherent process for attaining to the collegiate system includes aptitude testing... And I did mention internal state surveys...