Author Topic: Exit polls: How women voters swept Democrats to victory in suburbs  (Read 490 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exit polls: How women voters swept Democrats to victory in suburbs
by Melissa Quinn
 | November 07, 2018 05:55 PM

Suburban voters, and women in particular, helped lead Democrats to victory Tuesday in retaking control of the House of Representatives for the first time in eight years.

Democrats picked up more than two dozen seats in the lower chamber, forcing Republicans out of power and handing President Trump a divided Congress. Democratic candidates running in suburban districts saw the most success in besting their Republican opponents, ousting Republican incumbents in parts of Virginia, Texas, and Northern Virginia, among other districts.

According to exit polls from CNN, 59 percent of female voters backed Democrats running for the House, compared with 40 percent who supported Republicans on the ballot. Among male voters, meanwhile, 51 percent backed Republican candidates and 47 percent supported Democrats.

By comparison, 51 percent of women in the 2014 midterm elections supported Democratic House candidates and 47 percent favored the Republicans, according to CNN's exit polls.

Independent women also broke for Democratic House candidates, with 56 supporting those candidates compared with 39 percent who cast votes for Republicans.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/exit-polls-how-women-voters-swept-democrats-to-victory-in-suburbs
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline the_doc

Re: Exit polls: How women voters swept Democrats to victory in suburbs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 11:56:37 pm »
Exit polls: How women voters swept Democrats to victory in suburbs

According to exit polls from CNN, 59 percent of female voters backed Democrats running for the House, compared with 40 percent who supported Republicans on the ballot. Among male voters, meanwhile, 51 percent backed Republican candidates and 47 percent supported Democrats.

By comparison, 51 percent of women in the 2014 midterm elections supported Democratic House candidates and 47 percent favored the Republicans, according to CNN's exit polls.

Independent women also broke for Democratic House candidates, with 56 supporting those candidates compared with 39 percent who cast votes for Republicans.

I believe the gals who broke for the Dems will get "red-pilled" pretty soon.  It will be a very, very disconcerting experience for them when that happens.  (But it needs to be very disconcerting, I'm afraid.)

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 11:56:40 pm »
I guess there's something to the stereotype that women don't like strong men, except in a personal relationship.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 11:57:28 pm »
So I am guessing the writers at WashEx are saying women are stupid and ruining the country. Seems like an odd thing to go on the record with.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 12:09:21 am »
So I am guessing the writers at WashEx are saying women are stupid and ruining the country. Seems like an odd thing to go on the record with.

Speaking of "odd," I thought it was odd (dicey?) when Ms. Coulter said women never should have been granted suffrage.   

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 12:28:24 am »
I am embarrassed that so many women seem incapable of critical thinking, are ignorant of what they're really voting for, and would vote for the smear-merchants.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:28:45 am »
Speaking of "odd," I thought it was odd (dicey?) when Ms. Coulter said women never should have been granted suffrage.   

Every Republican/Conservative woman has said this at least once in her life, albeit not in front of a camera.  happy77

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 12:42:16 am »

I knew the Republicans  was in trouble several weeks back after listening to my wifes employees at the annual company get together.  College educated gals, many single = Emotion versus logic. Security over freedom.

I hate to be pessimistic but it's going to get worse.   White conservative males are going to be outbred. More women going to college than men where they wil be further idoctrinated.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 02:12:02 am »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"So I am guessing the writers at WashEx are saying women are stupid and ruining the country. Seems like an odd thing to go on the record with."

I'll go on the record in saying that they are.

Sorry, gals. Feel free to call me a misogynist if you so desire!

Offline the_doc

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 02:21:51 am »

I knew the Republicans  was in trouble several weeks back after listening to my wifes employees at the annual company get together.  College educated gals, many single = Emotion versus logic. Security over freedom.

I hate to be pessimistic but it's going to get worse.   White conservative males are going to be outbred. More women going to college than men where they wil be further idoctrinated.

It's well established by psychological testing that women tend to be more subjective and men tend to be more objective.   

BTW, this would appear to undergird the notion that women have something called "women's intuition."  The funny thing about that notion is that psychological testing has shown that women are not "more gifted" with intuitive faculties than men are:  women just seem to rely more on their intuitions for decision-making, whereas men use intuition quite a lot--but mainly just use their gifts of intuition to explore scenarios and define options that these same men then go on to examine with rather hardnosed objectivity.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 02:37:46 am »
I am embarrassed that so many women seem incapable of critical thinking, are ignorant of what they're really voting for, and would vote for the smear-merchants.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 04:07:00 am »
Every Republican/Conservative woman has said this at least once in her life, albeit not in front of a camera.  happy77

@Right_in_Virginia   I said it myself on this very forum.  I still bear the scars.  I think women should have the right to vote but I wouldn't vote for one with a few exceptions.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 04:11:04 am »
I think women should have the right to vote but I wouldn't vote for one with a few exceptions.

Bella Abzug?