Author Topic: WE DON'T HAVE TO BE CIVIL, to those who oppose us.  (Read 6674 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
WE DON'T HAVE TO BE CIVIL, to those who oppose us.
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »
We have heard it clearly. They have said it openly and with pride.
Why would they ever imagine that this statement would be completely one sided?
Ok, I guess? We don't have to be civil anymore. If that is what they want, then let's give to them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: WE DON'T HAVE TO BE CIVIL, to those who oppose us.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »
Ok, I guess? We don't have to be civil anymore. If that is what they want, then let's give to them.

That is not our way.  This President is the first we've had since RR who was willing to hand their heads to them, and look at the shots he's taking from those allegedly on our side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:04:44 pm »

That has backfired on them politically.  Why give up that advantage?

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 10:16:33 pm »
We don't have to, but if we are, it makes our opponents look like petulant children when they are uncivil.

Being civil is not the same thing as not fighting back.  Review the video of Lindsay Graham's "You guys want power.  God! I hope you never get it!" speech to see what I'm talking about.  He was perfectly civil, while delivering an impassioned attack on the Democrats. 
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 10:26:32 pm »
We don't have to, but if we are, it makes our opponents look like petulant children when they are uncivil.

Being civil is not the same thing as not fighting back.  Review the video of Lindsay Graham's "You guys want power.  God! I hope you never get it!" speech to see what I'm talking about.  He was perfectly civil, while delivering an impassioned attack on the Democrats.

Very much agree. Reagan also provides a great example of fighting back while being civil. It is the key to what made him so persuasive with a wide range of people.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 10:39:44 pm »
If being civil means refraining from unprovoked physical violence and/or verbal abuse the by all means we should remain civil.

But if being civil means not saying anything that the left disagrees with or doing anything that makes them unhappy, which I suspect is the standard of civility they expect from us, then I hope we continue the incivility.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »
The left's current version of "incivility" is to be rude and nasty to people not because they've been rude and nasty, but simply because they don't oppose Trump.  So if someone is advocating that we mirror that, it would mean being rude and nasty to anyone who doesn't support Trump, even if they are otherwise a nice, reasonable person, and treat us just fine.

That seems rather disgusting to me.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 11:15:08 pm »

Why I feel a need to say this I don’t know, but I’ll say it anyway, Trump‘s personality and verbal skills are different than Lindsay Graham’s. In business, he has shown innate abilities that are serving voters well in politics.

You may not like them, but those skills work for him and are proving killer effective. Trump’s lived up to the hype of a never-give-up, successful American.

Secondly, we knew all this about him when we voted for him; we voted for him not in spite of his personality, but because of it. All of that patriotic zeal and non-politician status was just icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:57:33 pm by aligncare »

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:45:53 pm »
Why I feel a need to say this I don’t know, but I’ll say it anyway, Trump‘s personality and verbal skills are different than Lindsay Graham’s. In business, he has shown innate abilities that are serving voters well in politics.

You may not like them, but those skills work for him and are proving killer effective. Trump’s lived up to the hype of a never-give-up, successful American.

Secondly, we knew all this about him when we voted for him; we voted him not in spite of his personality, but because of it. All of that patriotic zeal and non-politician status was just icing on the cake.

Worked for Don King too... Hardly the standard to run a country on...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 12:00:41 am »

Secondly, we knew all this about him when we voted for him; we voted him not in spite of his personality, but because of it. All of that patriotic zeal and non-politician status was just icing on the cake.

..... :thumbsup:     MAGAPILL.COM.   lists all the accomplishments , and not even a full 2 years, yet! 
Another 10% tax cut, ONLY for the middle class.  No one else needs it.  Almost 50% pay no taxes, at all, but receive back as much as 10,000 with family of four. Child credit and E.I.C.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 12:52:13 am »

Exactly.

Some people think that the Left's goal is to win some elections.  Nope; that's only a stepping stone.  They want to tear down our society and culture, replacing it with their own vision.

Civility strengthens a society, so every bit of incivility they can incite is a win for them.

Recall their "Make 'em swear, and we win!" (turned into "If they're swearin', we're winnin'!) from decades ago?  They haven't forgotten -- I guarantee.

Does this mean roll over?  Again, nope.   It means we have to think strategically, not just emotionally and short-term/small picture.

Hit back hard...without giving them a strategic victory.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 01:08:11 am »
You may not like them, but those skills work for him and are proving killer effective.

Exactly!

If he was different and tried to work with Congress, we wouldn't have that big beautiful wall already built, the deficit going down instead of up, term limits, the end of Obamacare, etc.!  Thank goodness he's a belligerent, go-it-alone, reality-be-damned uncouth, uncivil lout!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 03:56:40 am »
Give the appearance of acting civilly.

But underneath, be ruthless.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 05:13:06 am »
Descending to their level only makes it more difficult to reach the "Both Sides are the same damn louts Anyway, so why bother to vote? I'm Done with it." crowd.

Winning today will make the Rats absolutely apoplectic.

They need to be Kept in that state so we can Continue winning in future years.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 11:53:23 am »

@aligncare

You don't get it. The FACT that he is successful when none of the anointed  Party People have ever done anything but fail and surrender is WHY the NT's and their Dim pals hate  him so much.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 11:56:59 am »
Exactly!

If he was different and tried to work with Congress, we wouldn't have that big beautiful wall already built, the deficit going down instead of up, term limits, the end of Obamacare, etc.!  Thank goodness he's a belligerent, go-it-alone, reality-be-damned uncouth, uncivil lout!

@Suppressed

You mean as compared to the wonderful successes of Boy Jorge Bush and the other alleged Republican Pod Politicians? The VERY PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE DIM SUCCESSES THAT ARE DESTROYING OUR COUNTRY?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 02:41:57 pm »
Exactly!

Sorry, but in my opinion, you have a distorted view of Donald Trump, based I assume on your limited reading of his life. But for once try taking an objective look at this American icon. One that isn’t tainted by your personal political biases. You might come away with a different perspective.

Despite going broke he made it all back, and then some. You think that’s easy?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1992/11/29/trump-went-broke-but-stayed-on-top/e1685555-1de7-400c-99a8-9cd9c0bca9fe/?utm_term=.ef0a939a34c3

Despite knowing that his personal fortune would take a huge hit, this patriotic American ran for president anyway because he knew he had the right message: build the wall, renegotiate bad trade deals, reduce the tax burden on all Americans and the businesses they own. Plus a whole lot more.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2018/03/06/donald-trump-drops-400-million-on-forbes-billionaires-list/

Offline Mod1

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 03:10:25 pm »
Moving to Exclusive Content/Editorial, as the original post in this thread does not reference a published article.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2018, 07:28:46 pm »
You mean as compared to

No, I put no comparisons in there.  I don't mean relative; I mean absolute.

But "Whataboutism" is the first refuge of a Trumper, I know.

And you're obsessed with the Bushes, I know.

But please try to address the points at hand.  The fact is, Trump's approach has not been successful at accomplishing his promises, except for SCOTUS, which the Senate was fighting despite him.
+++++++++

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2018, 07:45:57 pm »
I prefer being civil, but put honesty before that.
I think both can be accomplished simultaneously.
It isn't that difficult.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2018, 07:46:07 pm »
No, I put no comparisons in there.  I don't mean relative; I mean absolute.

But "Whataboutism" is the first refuge of a Trumper, I know.

And you're obsessed with the Bushes, I know.

But please try to address the points at hand.  The fact is, Trump's approach has not been successful at accomplishing his promises, except for SCOTUS, which the Senate was fighting despite him.

@Suppressed

Ok,the point at hand is you are delusional.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2018, 07:52:32 pm »

@sneakypete

Yes, it's obvious that you can't address the points and have to deflect and distract.
+++++++++

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 07:58:56 pm »
@sneakypete

Yes, it's obvious that you can't address the points and have to deflect and distract.

@Suppressed

WHAT points?  Name THREE things anyone named Bush accomplished in 8 years in the oval office that match what Trump has accomplished in less than two.

BTW,stuff like "sucking up to the Dims" doesn't count.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 08:11:18 pm »

Precisely.

And being crude and uncivil is not even remotely the same thing as "fighting back."

Too many argue that nasty tweets mean fighting.  They don't.  It may make the angry feel better (or just angrier), but it does no good to move the ball toward the end zone.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2018, 08:13:29 pm »
@Suppressed

Be merciful and kind to a fellow member who literally has TDS. I think the point poster is missing is that Trump is so good at the presidential thing, that he has had a transformative impact on politics.

After Donald J. Trump, presidential politics will never be the same.