Author Topic: Iran will defy US sanctions and sell oil, President Rouhani says  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: Iran will defy US sanctions and sell oil, President Rouhani says
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2018, 08:15:18 pm »
UAE has access to the Red Sea?

Over 18 million barrels of oil per day through that waterway.  There is not the ability to move 10% of that around to the Red Sea today.  It would take at least 5 years to build the infrastructure to move half of it.
-----------------------------------
Utter nonsense!
While the Emirates, Kuwait and Oman are on the Eastern side of
the Kingdom, they have access to the the Aramco pipeline system,
one of the most extensive in the world within a nation w/the 12th
largest land mass, exceeding 2.2 million square km.
Their pipe system traverses the vast Rub al-Khali (Empty Quarter)
to Asir to Najran to Qassim to Tabuk.
Access is the dual result of Treaties as well as Membership in
the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Even Bahrain an island nation (where I worked for a decade),
in the north-west of the Gulf, has access to leased port facilities in
Dammam, which allows it to store and transport oil.
Also, Saudi oil reaching its Red Sea Ports of Jazan, Jeddah and Yanbu
can be shipped down the Indian Ocean or up through Suez as Saudi
Arabia has a long term Agreement w/Egypt permitting them to ship
oil through the Canal into the Mediterranean.
It's direct and simple. The Saudi's have freedom and flexibility to
respond to their customers around the world while Iran does not!!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 08:16:18 pm by Absalom »

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2018, 09:16:30 pm »
-----------------------------------
Utter nonsense!
While the Emirates, Kuwait and Oman are on the Eastern side of
the Kingdom, they have access to the the Aramco pipeline system,
one of the most extensive in the world within a nation w/the 12th
largest land mass, exceeding 2.2 million square km.
Their pipe system traverses the vast Rub al-Khali (Empty Quarter)
to Asir to Najran to Qassim to Tabuk.
Access is the dual result of Treaties as well as Membership in
the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Even Bahrain an island nation (where I worked for a decade),
in the north-west of the Gulf, has access to leased port facilities in
Dammam, which allows it to store and transport oil.
Also, Saudi oil reaching its Red Sea Ports of Jazan, Jeddah and Yanbu
can be shipped down the Indian Ocean or up through Suez as Saudi
Arabia has a long term Agreement w/Egypt permitting them to ship
oil through the Canal into the Mediterranean.
It's direct and simple. The Saudi's have freedom and flexibility to
respond to their customers around the world while Iran does not!!

I have know idea where you get your information.  I got the beginning of mine working in the Arabian Peninsula on the south side of the Rub' al Khali (empty quarter) in the oil fields of Yemen.  I worked with several who just came from Saudi.  I did some other work with Aramco in 1994 and again in 2001.

There is no pipeline that crosses the empty quarter.

There was one crude pipeline that crosses east-west for red sea access, the Petroline.  It was out of commission for decades.  In 2012 they worked to get it ready to use again.

Exclusive: Saudi readies oil line to counter Iran Hormuz threat
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-oil-hormuz-idUSBRE85R0KT20120628?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
JUNE 28, 2012

They also converted the Natural Gas Pipeline into oil service, giving them both a 48 inch and a 56 inch lines.  But they have been moving oil through those lines, about 2 million barrels a day already.  So there is not full capacity to move additional oil through them that currently goes out the Persian Gulf.

They can move some more, 10%, maybe even as much as 15% of the Persian Gulf oil, but there sure isn't 18 million barrels a day pipeline capacity sitting around idle but ready to use.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:31 pm »
...While the Emirates, Kuwait and Oman are on the Eastern side of
the Kingdom, they have access to the the Aramco pipeline system...

UAE pipeline systems do not connect to Aramco.  Why would they ever spend the money for that?  They don't sell or move oil to each other.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2018, 10:30:19 pm »

You can make sense of it, but you are likely being deliberately obtuse.    South Korea was invaded and subsequent actions were taken by the UN, including armed response and an armistice three years later.  No such actions were taken by the US government for any other entity, after the events of November 1979. You can’t retroactively refer to it and declare it an act of war, for the sake of convenience to justify an action almost 40 years later.  It is really that simple.
your head is in the sand if you do not believe Iran has been and remains at war with us.

You appear to seek the UN's approval for the US to be at war.

I vehemently am against that as we are sovereign to counter aggression ourselves, solely on our terms.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2018, 11:11:26 pm »
You appear to seek the UN's approval for the US to be at war.

That would have been Truman.  The US General that signed the armistice in 1953 did so on behalf of the UN.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:20 am »
I have know idea where you get your information.  I got the beginning of mine working in the Arabian Peninsula on the south side of the Rub' al Khali (empty quarter) in the oil fields of Yemen.  I worked with several who just came from Saudi.  I did some other work with Aramco in 1994 and again in 2001.

There is no pipeline that crosses the empty quarter.

There was one crude pipeline that crosses east-west for red sea access, the Petroline.  It was out of commission for decades.  In 2012 they worked to get it ready to use again.

Exclusive: Saudi readies oil line to counter Iran Hormuz threat
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-saudi-oil-hormuz-idUSBRE85R0KT20120628?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews
JUNE 28, 2012

They also converted the Natural Gas Pipeline into oil service, giving them both a 48 inch and a 56 inch lines.  But they have been moving oil through those lines, about 2 million barrels a day already.  So there is not full capacity to move additional oil through them that currently goes out the Persian Gulf.

They can move some more, 10%, maybe even as much as 15% of the Persian Gulf oil, but there sure isn't 18 million barrels a day pipeline capacity sitting around idle but ready to use.
---------------------------------
Uninterested in a urinary contest as my core point was direct and simple.
The Saudi's have multiple ways to move their oil and supply their customers
while Iran does not and cannot. Period!!!

Offline thackney

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 02:06:26 am »
my core point was direct and simple wrong.
The Saudi's have multiple ways to move a small portion their oil without the persian gulf and supply their customers
while Iran does not and cannot has a port on the Caspian Sea and natural gas pipelines into Turkey. Period!!!

Fixed your typos.  You seem to forgotten all the other countries.  That 18 million barrel per day is not coming from only Saudi.  Most of it is from other countries.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2018, 03:02:51 am »
I saw a data stream that would seemingly prove @Absalom is correct.

While I cannot verify that information, the logic, or logistics, appear valid.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 04:11:16 am »
Fixed your typos.  You seem to forgotten all the other countries.  That 18 million barrel per day is not coming from only Saudi.  Most of it is from other countries.

-------------------------------
Tolstoy asserted;
"Truth is clear, direct and simple while pretentiousness is complicated, opaque and wordy."
Surely he was thinking of you!
Saudi has access to the world Sea Lanes while Iran has access to an enclosed lake. Wow!
Prediction here is that Saudi will win easily since this recalls an earlier struggle.
Some 24 centuries ago, another Iranian announced that he was going to teach those
uppity Greeks a lesson. So Darius of Persia mobilized an enormous Army and chose
the locale of battle. He and the Greeks of Alexander, while outnumbered 12 to 1, clashed
in 331 BC at Arbela (Mosul, Iraq) where the Persians w/their pretensions were annihilated.
But not to worry; as Iran is circling the drain no doubt you'll have already created a new
line of malarkey, along w/appropriate maps, which rationalize that what happened actually
didn't happen at all. Why of course!!!
Bye-bye!!!!!

Offline thackney

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 01:27:14 pm »
-------------------------------
Tolstoy asserted;
"Truth is clear, direct and simple while pretentiousness is complicated, opaque and wordy."
Surely he was thinking of you!
Saudi has access to the world Sea Lanes while Iran has access to an enclosed lake. Wow!
Prediction here is that Saudi will win easily since this recalls an earlier struggle.
Some 24 centuries ago, another Iranian announced that he was going to teach those
uppity Greeks a lesson. So Darius of Persia mobilized an enormous Army and chose
the locale of battle. He and the Greeks of Alexander, while outnumbered 12 to 1, clashed
in 331 BC at Arbela (Mosul, Iraq) where the Persians w/their pretensions were annihilated.
But not to worry; as Iran is circling the drain no doubt you'll have already created a new
line of malarkey, along w/appropriate maps, which rationalize that what happened actually
didn't happen at all. Why of course!!!
Bye-bye!!!!!

None of your comment address the lack of pipelines available to find other routes for a significant part of the 18 million barrels a day you proposed blockading.  Not only would the countries sending that oil out retaliate against such a blockade, so would the rest of the world.  Those receiving that oil need it as well.  And those not directly receiving it would be greatly impacted by massive spike in oil prices around the world.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2018, 01:33:38 pm »
None of your comment address the lack of pipelines available to find other routes for a significant part of the 18 million barrels a day you proposed blockading.  Not only would the countries sending that oil out retaliate against such a blockade, so would the rest of the world.  Those receiving that oil need it as well.  And those not directly receiving it would be greatly impacted by massive spike in oil prices around the world.

From oil transport / prices to 2500 year old battles?  WTF?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 01:38:53 pm »

When the original idea is shown to be nonsense, deflect, deflect, deflect....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2018, 05:52:29 pm »
@thackney

Anyone can ping me or the powers to be, certainly not me, if they wish to have a dedicated Iran thread stickied to the top. If I missed any comment wanting to have that, please accept my apologies.

This potentially could be even a much bigger news story, I've even seen some articles speaking of war and so forth. I don't think/hope that will happen.  It could be considered though.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 10:05:27 pm »
-------------------------------------------
Cat, my original point was direct and simple but sadly
got tangled in all the weed searching and scratching.
Saudi Arabia has the strategic advantage because of
it's access to both the Indian Ocean and Mediterranean.
Iran does not because of Hormuz, its neighbors and is a
loser here. Suspect today's oil price was an ominous harbinger.
That was all!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:21:34 pm by Absalom »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2018, 12:57:32 am »
I saw a data stream that would seemingly prove @Absalom is correct.

While I cannot verify that information, the logic, or logistics, appear valid.
------------------------------
Fred,
Earlier I made a jest/remark that was uncalled for.
As such, I apologize.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 01:18:02 am »
------------------------------
Fred,
Earlier I made a jest/remark that was uncalled for.
As such, I apologize.

The great forum you are a valued member of.  I have and will get profane. There iare a lot of things we all will agree or disagree on. Mostly in agreement against the darkness of light.

The older this stick gets, the more it gets set in the mud.

I actually watched a movie, the other night, with my g-kids. (I don't watch movies). but there was a line in there. Some woman saying "the government wouldn't lie to us". "Religious" or Political". They all lie.

I'll be called out later for my words actions and deeds, but don't think you are posting in the wrong place. I get most of what you are saying.   And I ain't gonna call on the clown posse, to back me up.

Keep on. I enjoy it, even when I don't enjoin it.

Peace out.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 01:28:51 am »
And hey, come over the Member's lounge. It has everything for every member here. People just talking to people. With their hair down.

And that guy snoring under the pool table? It is merely @Frank Cannon . He twitches sometimes.

Which is literally a pain in the azz...when you are trying to sleep under the pool table.