Author Topic: FDA Approves Controversial New Opioid 10 times More Powerful than Fentanyl  (Read 563 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj08c_o1rjeAhWSlosKHfrABb4QFjAAegQICRAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.scientificamerican.com%2Farticle%2Ffda-approves-controversial-new-opioid-10-times-more-powerful-than-fentanyl%2F&usg=AOvVaw3IA3mzStxTmQOFNGDM6U5g

In a highly controversial move, the Food and Drug Administration approved an especially powerful opioid painkiller despite criticism that the medicine could be a “danger” to public health. And in doing so, the agency addressed wider regulatory thinking for endorsing such a medicine amid nationwide angst about overdoses and deaths attributed to opioids.

The drug is called Dsuvia, which is a tablet version of an opioid marketed for intravenous delivery, but is administered under the tongue using a specially developed, single-dose applicator. These “unique features” make the medicine well-suited for the military and therefore was a priority for the Pentagon, a point that factored heavily into the decision, according to FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: FDA Approves Controversial New Opioid 10 times More Powerful than Fentanyl
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 05:22:15 pm »
@Victoria33 we got a story about opioids (opioid) you might enjoy.

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Re: FDA Approves Controversial New Opioid 10 times More Powerful than Fentanyl
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 07:51:35 am »
Not a new drug/painkiller....just a new delivery method (of interest to the military). Sufentanil has been around since 1984.