Author Topic: Tennessee alarm bell rings for GOP: Marsha Blackburn's lead wiped out in two shock Senate polls  (Read 1206 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tennessee alarm bell rings for GOP: Marsha Blackburn's lead wiped out in two shock Senate polls
by Daniel Chaitin
 | November 02, 2018 09:30 PM

Rep. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., and former Gov. Phil Bredesen, a Democrat, are tied in two new polls out for the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee days before the midterm elections.

One of the polls, from East Tennessee State University, shows the candidates at 44 percent apiece among likely voters, according to the Tennessean. The second, from Nashville-based Targoz Strategic Marketing, found 48 percent of likely and early voters support each candidate. Early voting ended in the state on Thursday.

Republicans view Tennessee as a "firewall" state protecting them from the loss of the chamber. With the current balance of power 51 to 49 and Democrats looking highly likely to lose North Dakota, the GOP could afford to lose Arizona and Nevada while failing to pick up Florida, Missouri or Indiana and still survive with 50 seats and Vice President Mike Pence's casting vote. That calculation would be swept away by losing Tennessee.

The new polling is a break from the recent slate of surveys showing Blackburn with an advantage. The RealClearPolitics average of recent polls, which does not include these two new surveys, shows Blackburn up 6.8 percentage points.

The Tennessean notes that the ETSU poll shows Bredesen has an advantage with independent voters, 46 percent to Blackburn's 35 percent, as well as with women, 51 percent to 38 percent. Blackburn, meanwhile, leads with men 57 percent to Bredesen's 35 percent.

President Trump is scheduled to give Blackburn a late boost when he participates in a rally at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga on Sunday.

Blackburn and Bredesen are vying to replace retiring Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn.

The ETSU survey was conducted by phone from Oct. 22-29 with 610 likely voters. It had a margin of error of 4 percentage points.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/marsha-blackburns-lead-erased-in-tennessee-senate-polls-released-days-before-midterm-elections
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 02:43:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

I read that and this contest is so close, it will be decided by how many show up at the polls.  If voting day is bad weather/stormy, that could decide who wins - who will go out in the weather no matter how bad it is.  Someone should check the weather for that day.  Men are more likely to go out in it than women.  It the weather is decent, it is a toss up for that day.  This race is interesting.  Will check it on voting day to see who wins.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I read that and this contest is so close, it will be decided by how many show up at the polls.  If voting day is bad weather/stormy, that could decide who wins - who will go out in the weather no matter how bad it is.  Someone should check the weather for that day.  Men are more likely to go out in it than women.  It the weather is decent, it is a toss up for that day.  This race is interesting.  Will check it on voting day to see who wins.

I'd be going out hell or high water.  I have no idea what the state looks like politically but if you are in danger of liberalism weather isn't going to stop a person.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I swear to God, if Taylor Swift gets away with stealing an election...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I read that and this contest is so close, it will be decided by how many show up at the polls.  If voting day is bad weather/stormy, that could decide who wins - who will go out in the weather no matter how bad it is. 
  Back in 2002 and 2004 I called myself a broken glass Republican.  I don't hear that much these days. :pondering:

Offline Victoria33

Back in 2002 and 2004 I called myself a broken glass Republican.  I don't hear that much these days. :pondering:
@Once-Ler

This newer generation won't get out in the rain as it might get water on their I phone.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I have always been a broken glass Republican.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

I still am.

It all depends upon how repellant you find the alternative.

I find the rats totally unacceptable. To others I guess they're not that bad.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Blackburn was up double digits two weeks ago and now is tied? Pftt.

Sounds more like liberal psyops to stop the bleeding.

At any rate, polls are useless right now. People are tired of getting called and the sample their getting is 2nd rate at best.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DB

The only poll that matters is a few days away.

I'll wait.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Polls just set the stage for vote fraud. Sudden swings in numbers without incidents to make it happen likely are harbingers of busloads of people from elsewhere....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Polls just set the stage for vote fraud. Sudden swings in numbers without incidents to make it happen likely are harbingers of busloads of people from elsewhere....

For one polls haven't been accurate.  Secondly, if this sudden swing in numbers is indeed fraud, unfortunately, it has to be proven.  I'm not so sure that the vote will be able to be challenged though unless its extremely close.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Considering the crowd you hang with, this is no surprise. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All the libs have left is voter suppression.  Don't fall for the dem "surging" that's being reported on some races. 

Stay the course and vote.  We're almost there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mark me down as another person skeptical of the polls.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Already underway:

GA Democratic Party caught trying to hack elections computers

The Georgia Secretary of State’s Office says they are investigating a failed attempt to hack the state’s voter registration system by the Democratic Party of Georgia, the office said in a news release.

"While we cannot comment on the specifics of an ongoing investigation, I can confirm that the Democratic Party of Georgia is under investigation for possible cyber crimes," said Secretary of State office Press Secretary Candice Broce. "We can also confirm that no personal data was breached and our system remains secure."

DEMOCRAT RESPONSE:

"This is yet another example of abuse of power by an unethical Secretary of State. To be very clear, Brian Kemp's scurrilous claims are 100 percent false, and this so-called investigation was unknown to the Democratic Party of Georgia until a campaign operative in Kemp's official office released a statement this morning. This political stunt from Kemp just days before the election is yet another example of why he cannot be trusted and should not be overseeing an election in which he is also a candidate for governor."

If memory serves, did not Obama's DHS make several attempts to do this same hack?  Wasn't it Kemp that make that attempt public?  And of course the media buried the story and nothing was done about it, by EITHER party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Blackburn was up double digits two weeks ago and now is tied? Pftt.

Sounds more like liberal psyops to stop the bleeding.

At any rate, polls are useless right now. People are tired of getting called and the sample their getting is 2nd rate at best.

I saw another article on TBR this morning, about a "silent red wave."  Over the years, Republicans have become more secretive about their votes, while Democrats love to broadcast their voting intentions far and wide.  IIRC, Rasmussen found that 68% of Democrats tell people how they will vote, while the number for Republicans is 40% or lower.

Republicans are refusing to answer polls in droves.  It's rendering polls worthless, a development I applaud.  I hate polls about elections.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jpsb

Republicans are refusing to answer polls in droves.  It's rendering polls worthless, a development I applaud.  I hate polls about elections.

That's me, but other more mischievous republicans lie to posters to corrupt the poll.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's me, but other more mischievous republicans lie to posters to corrupt the poll.

...like a rug, when I'm in a testy mood.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Night Hides Not

...like a rug, when I'm in a testy mood.

When aren’t you “testy”?

J/k
LOL
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Democrats will win with 99% of the vote!

Funny stuff. Why the Democrats think that broadcasting their imminent and predetermined overwhelming Victory is helping them, I will never understand. Yea Ok, sure you will. 99% guaranteed. And yet all they do is lose, everywhere, except in their own little enclaves.

Oh well. That's just Democrats being Democrats. What can you do?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
For one polls haven't been accurate.  Secondly, if this sudden swing in numbers is indeed fraud, unfortunately, it has to be proven.  I'm not so sure that the vote will be able to be challenged though unless its extremely close.
But that's the point. If the polls show candidate 'A' winning by 10% and they squeak by, it is less likely to be questioned than if the poll said they were going to trail in the ballot. A poll sets expectations for results.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

But that's the point. If the polls show candidate 'A' winning by 10% and they squeak by, it is less likely to be questioned than if the poll said they were going to trail in the ballot. A poll sets expectations for results.

It also lets them claim fraud, that the election was stolen somehow to make their base even angrier.