Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz closes campaign with a flurry of attacks on Beto O’Rourke  (Read 17402 times)

Offline corbe

Frank's just pizzed because Cruz didn't marry an Eastern European.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

Yes, excellent post.  Since, too, Raphael has an unknown past 1963 and before, this kind of stuff can be fair game. That's not Trump's fault. Cruz has gone after the past of his opponents but then, alleged Cruz-supporters cry foul if the tables are turned.

goopo

@TomSea

LOL

Offline Frank Cannon

Yes, excellent post.  Since, too, Raphael has an unknown past 1963 and before, this kind of stuff can be fair game. That's not Trump's fault. Cruz has gone after the past of his opponents but then, alleged Cruz-supporters cry foul if the tables are turned.

goopo

Alright. That's it. I just got the Tommy Seal of Approval. My work is done here. I'm closing the thread and leaving the forum.

Been great knowing you all. Good luck in all your endeavors. Toodles.

:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

If that's the case @TomSea someone in Trump's campaign staff should be indicted for exposing CIA secrets, oh wait his campaign staff is already under indictment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Silver Pines

you said he was repellent.  The general public certainly does not think that way, nor does a majority of Texans.  Both times he has run.

Abbott is just a better politician.  Does not mean Cruz is a terrible candidate.  He just does not campaign as well.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Allow me to post the full quote:

"Someone needs to openly admit that Cruz is a terrible, repellent, down right creepy little man."

Don't even try to tell me that stuff isn't personal, lol.

@Right_in_Virginia

Silver Pines

@TomSea, why are you worried about Raphael?  Forget him.  Ted Cruz still has not been brought to justice for his crimes, and he has the nerve to openly mock the American people for it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yes...bending his knee to Trump will bring his voters back in droves.

I am not talking about the President @Cyber Liberty   I'm suggesting that Cruz work to reconnect with the voters in his state.  The bond is apparently quite frayed, and whatever the reasons are for this state of affairs the reality is it is Cruz's job to mend that bond.  I'm further suggesting that doing this sooner rather than later would be best --- for Cruz --- before the frayed bond completely breaks.

Cruz has work to do at home. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@IsailedawayfromFR

Allow me to post the full quote:

"Someone needs to openly admit that Cruz is a terrible, repellent, down right creepy little man."

Don't even try to tell me that stuff isn't personal, lol.

@Right_in_Virginia 

It's not @CatherineofAragon  What I described is how the majority of voters view Ted Cruz.  He cannot continue to win elections when the public views him in this way.  He needs to work on this ... and he needs to work on some accomplishments in the Senate.

Real friends would help him with this.  He is one terrible candidate.  His luck won't hold forever.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump helped Cruz a lot, Trump/Pence in all varieties went to bat for Cruz at least 4 times in Texas.

It's like that song, I think they should have made an ad with it.  'That's what friends are for' and then, with video of Cruz and Trump together, it would have been great.

! No longer available

Over at TOS, unfortunately, a lot of the folks who are supposedly pro-Cruz seem to just be cheap shot artists right down the line. It's sad.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:01:57 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@TomSea, why are you worried about Raphael?  Forget him.  Ted Cruz still has not been brought to justice for his crimes, and he has the nerve to openly mock the American people for it.

Why? Because it was a point of discussion. Try to keep up!  This is a discussion forum.

Offline skeeter

It's not @CatherineofAragon  What I described is how the majority of voters view Ted Cruz.  He cannot continue to win elections when the public views him in this way.  He needs to work on this ... and he needs to work on some accomplishments in the Senate.

Real friends would help him with this.  He is one terrible candidate.  His luck won't hold forever.

As a representative and defender of liberty Ted Cruz the best.

But you're right he can't do any good unless he gets elected and stays elected. We need him around for another two or three decades.

There's nothing he can do about his looks. I would hope we as a people were more sophisticated than to vote for looks but thats where we are.

What he can do, IMO, is back off the elevator speech. He's a smart, funny guy and has a great personality. Every now and then you get a glimpse of it but he needs to cultivate it and show it more often.

Offline corbe

@TomSea This deranged Texan thinks Trump hurt Cruz by coming here, but in all honesty what hurt Cruz most is his first voting for that last 'insane' Budget Trump signed.

Silver Pines

Trump helped Cruz a lot, Trump/Pence in all varieties went to bat for Cruz at least 4 times in Texas.

It's like that song, I think they should have made an ad with it.  'That's what friends are for' and then, with video of Cruz and Trump together, it would have been great.

! No longer available

Over at TOS, unfortunately, a lot of the folks who are supposedly pro-Cruz seem to just be cheap shot artists right down the line. It's sad.

Good thing they didn't make a sappy ad like that.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
   It was Texas Trumpers that shared a similar dislike to Sen. Cruz that @Right_in_Virginia @Frank Cannon and last but certainly not least @TomSea does that causes his winning by 2% and not 10%.  So screw you 'fake' Cruz lovers'

Ted Cruz was plenty popular in Texas, and nationally for that matter given the strength of his Iowa campaign, until Trump did his best to destroy personally both Cruz and Cruz's family, including the morning after securing the nomination at the Republican convention.  There was no long-term strategy or insight behind Trump's behavior, no "flying nine dimensional invisible stealth jedi chess" that only Trump was smart enough to understand, just pure narcissistic malice.  Some of Trump's defenders in the media have suggested that Trump deserves the credit for Cruz's victory because Trump campaigned for Cruz recently; at best Trump was merely helping to solve a problem that he had previously created, a problem which could have put the Republican Senate majority at greater risk.

To Trump's credit he was the first to make illegal immigration a central issue in the 2016 campaign, he has demonstrated to the Republican establishment that their base wants a fight, he's taking a strong position on regulation, and he's been true to his word on Supreme Court nominees.  But the argument that there is simply something wrong with Ted Cruz is a canonical example of viewing the entire political world through the funhouse-mirror lens of exalting every word Trump speaks and every move he makes.
James 1:20

Offline corbe

I hope Cruz is the deciding vote on the Supreme Court in 2023 that finally imprisons your guy for being overly stupid.

Online berdie

Frank's just pizzed because Cruz didn't marry an Eastern European.

That made me  :silly:  for real!!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nah ... this is all on Cruz.  He really needs to learn some life skills.  Being able to connect with people is a gift, Ted, not a curse.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Baloney.  I've met Ted Cruz.  He is very personable, intelligent, and connects well with folks.   You just can't see that Trump's and MSM's smears have stuck.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online berdie

Way too close. 

Here's a map showing county by county.  And Lupe Valdez beat out Abbott in once-deep-red Hays County!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/results?ocid=spartanntp

@Sanguine @IsailedawayfromFR

Not only the Cruz election, but most of the election (with the exception of Abbott) was way too close, imho.

I blame it largely on the influx of east and west coast refugees.

I'm worried.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Ted Cruz was plenty popular in Texas, and nationally for that matter given the strength of his Iowa campaign, until Trump did his best to destroy personally both Cruz and Cruz's family, including the morning after securing the nomination at the Republican convention.  There was no long-term strategy or insight behind Trump's behavior, no "flying nine dimensional invisible stealth jedi chess" that only Trump was smart enough to understand, just pure narcissistic malice.  Some of Trump's defenders in the media have suggested that Trump deserves the credit for Cruz's victory because Trump campaigned for Cruz recently; at best Trump was merely helping to solve a problem that he had previously created, a problem which could have put the Republican Senate majority at greater risk.

To Trump's credit he was the first to make illegal immigration a central issue in the 2016 campaign, he has demonstrated to the Republican establishment that their base wants a fight, he's taking a strong position on regulation, and he's been true to his word on Supreme Court nominees.  But the argument that there is simply something wrong with Ted Cruz is a canonical example of viewing the entire political world through the funhouse-mirror lens of exalting every word Trump speaks and every move he makes.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Baloney.  I've met Ted Cruz.  He is very personable, intelligent, and connects well with folks.   You just can't see that Trump's and MSM's smears have stuck.

I agree!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online berdie

Hmmm..... gee how quickly you forget it was President Trump who ended up dragging Rafael's sorry arse across the finish line.

Personally, I'd prefer you just say think you.   happy77

I find that offensive. Trump didn't drag anyone over the finish line.  Not everyone is as in love with Trump as you are. If he hadn't come here most would have still voted for Cruz. Today, at least, Texas is still a red state and don't like the politics of the type that Beto pushes.

Offline corbe

@Sanguine @IsailedawayfromFR

Not only the Cruz election, but most of the election (with the exception of Abbott) was way too close, imho.

I blame it largely on the influx of east and west coast refugees.

I'm worried.

Plausible @berdie and I am somewhat ashamed to admit I didn't vote yesterday in the hope that the GOP reads into the 'sick of being lied too' people that said f### it.

I was wrong on all my predictions, but glad Cruz won.

Dave Alvin and Phil Alvin - "World's In A Bad Condition"

! No longer available

Online berdie

Plausible @berdie and I am somewhat ashamed to admit I didn't vote yesterday in the hope that the GOP reads into the 'sick of being lied too' people that said f### it.

I was wrong on all my predictions, but glad Cruz won.

Dave Alvin and Phil Alvin - "World's In A Bad Condition"

! No longer available

Now @corbe surely you know by now politicians on either side can't read...you silly wabbit. They rely on blind loyalty...at least the Dems do...and they get it. Our side doesn't, which is a good thing. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am not talking about the President @Cyber Liberty   I'm suggesting that Cruz work to reconnect with the voters in his state.  The bond is apparently quite frayed, and whatever the reasons are for this state of affairs the reality is it is Cruz's job to mend that bond.  I'm further suggesting that doing this sooner rather than later would be best --- for Cruz --- before the frayed bond completely breaks.

Cruz has work to do at home.

I can go along with that, but I still have to wonder if it was the Beto ads that did real damage.  Negative ads work.  Might also be they don't like the shape of his face.  Some dumbass writer from some Psych magazine did a whole article about Cruz's dishonest facial lines.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
     @TomSea This deranged Texan thinks Trump hurt Cruz by coming here, but in all honesty what hurt Cruz most is his first voting for that last 'insane' Budget Trump signed.

I'd rather listen to a deranged Texan about Texas ground-level politics than some Eastern Seaboarder.  Only you guys know Texas as thoroughly as I know AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: