Author Topic: Trump keeps spotlight on immigration, but punts on asylum changes  (Read 759 times)

Online corbe

Trump keeps spotlight on immigration, but punts on asylum changes

By Jordan Fabian - 11/01/18 05:06 PM EDT 

President Trump on Thursday sought to keep the spotlight on his hardline immigration policies, saying he is "finalizing a plan" to deny asylum claims from people who enter the country illegally.

The White House had signaled the president would be announcing the legally questionable change to the nation's asylum system during a Roosevelt Room event days before the midterm elections.

Instead, Trump announced no new policies, but suggested an official announcement on the asylum plan could come in an executive order "next week."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/414406-trump-keeps-spotlight-on-immigration-but-punts-on-asylum-changes
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump keeps spotlight on immigration, but punts on asylum changes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 10:50:16 pm »
   This post has been approved by the @Frank Church Committee.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 11:57:05 pm »
When are border patriots going to figure out Trump just ain't that into them? 

Sure.  He'll breathlessly whisper sweet nothings in your ears.  Tell you what you want to hear to get your vote.  He might even dim the lights, do a little, over the clothing, heavy petting $20 a song, but at the end of the night, after all your singles are gone from your wallet Trump ain't coming home with you.  See my tag line.

The majority of the caravan will be processed, given a court date, and released in to America...just like the last caravan.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 12:26:49 am »

Sure.  He'll breathlessly whisper sweet nothings in your ears.  Tell you what you want to hear to get your vote.  He might even dim the lights, do a little, over the clothing, heavy petting $20 a song, but at the end of the night, after all your singles are gone from your wallet Trump ain't coming home with you.  See my tag line.

The majority of the caravan will be processed, given a court date, and released in to America...just like the last caravan.

This is a different report.  Pres. Trump wants the caravan mob to go through specific ports of entry AND also, he has told the military to consider a 'rock' a rifle.  Like him or not, I truly believe he's just as tired of this crap as most of us are.

Trump announces plan to deny asylum-seekers who don't show up at ports of entry, in latest major immigration policy shift

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-caravan-remarks-at-the-white-house

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:27:21 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 01:29:31 am »
   This post has been approved by the @Frank Church Committee.

I'll wait until I see what Frank has to say about that @corbe
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 01:32:31 am »

Wow, you NTers are downers.  I do not think the caravan will reach our border.  If it does, it will not be allowed in.  You can apologize when all is said and done.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 03:33:37 am »
Wow, you NTers are downers.  I do not think the caravan will reach our border.  If it does, it will not be allowed in.  You can apologize when all is said and done.

I'm not the downer, reality is.  In 5 days most people expect the GOP to add a seat, a couple or maybe more in the Senate.  The House looks like a toss up but the GOP is expected to loses seats in the House, State Governors, State legislatures, and State legislators.  Few expect President Trump to be in a better position next week after the election, and Mueller, and in my opinion Trump has done little to deserve more support from his enablers in the GOP.  They have so far done nothing to keep his worse impulses in check.  Last week he applauded Gianforte for his assault on Ben Jacobs.  He's pretty much destroyed the party for me.  I understand that others don't see him as the miserable failure I see.

But let us consider the silent majority rises up, like it never has before, and adds GOP seats in the House and Senate.  Since the Senate was nuked, do a couple more GOP Senators and Congressmen do anything for Trump?  Do you foresee the rats rolling over?  How good does the blue wave have to be to accomplish a better next two years?  I dunno.  I'm thinking a lot, but you keep on believing and don't let me bring you down.

What do I know @Emjay ?  I got it wrong last election, and I understand that a campaign of Build a Wall (bill Mexico), Lock up Hitlery, Drain the Swamp, Repeal Obamacare, Reduce the Deficit and all the other Trump accomplishments (like increasing the tax on goods poor people buy) looks appealing to today's conservatives.  and I admit, I don't think the rats can do better, but I don't want what the GOP offers either.  If you're loving the last two years...never been happier, I'm happy for you. 

The good news for me is I'm going to be happy no matter the outcome.  I think neither party deserves power and I will take comfort that a rat or a Republican lost a seat.

It maybe just my opinion but I think a big problem for Trump is he doesn't have a comparable villain to spare against this round.  Trump is on the ticket.  The rats and Trump's own vanity have assured that, but Hitlery isn't...and it's not like Trump can plausibly demagogue Russia or North Korea, even though they remain huge threats.  So Trump searches for a boogeyman in a caravan of the poor...but the overt racist overtures have a limited appeal for many people who don't shave their heads, or cheer on refugee minors in cages. 

Neither side is worth my support.

Please remind me if, or when, the caravan gets turned around at the border.  I might be building a underground shelter in the yard.  I'm not sure why an apology is necessary.  Could you please advise on the form?  I honestly don't know if you expect an apology for a wrong prediction that preceded your prediction, or did you take umbrage for expressing my opinion. Thanx for the reply.  I enjoyed writing this.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 05:41:58 am »
I'm not the downer, reality is.  In 5 days most people expect the GOP to add a seat, a couple or maybe more in the Senate.  The House looks like a toss up but the GOP is expected to loses seats in the House, State Governors, State legislatures, and State legislators.  Few expect President Trump to be in a better position next week after the election, and Mueller, and in my opinion Trump has done little to deserve more support from his enablers in the GOP.  They have so far done nothing to keep his worse impulses in check.  Last week he applauded Gianforte for his assault on Ben Jacobs.  He's pretty much destroyed the party for me.  I understand that others don't see him as the miserable failure I see.

But let us consider the silent majority rises up, like it never has before, and adds GOP seats in the House and Senate.  Since the Senate was nuked, do a couple more GOP Senators and Congressmen do anything for Trump?  Do you foresee the rats rolling over?  How good does the blue wave have to be to accomplish a better next two years?  I dunno.  I'm thinking a lot, but you keep on believing and don't let me bring you down.

What do I know @Emjay ?  I got it wrong last election, and I understand that a campaign of Build a Wall (bill Mexico), Lock up Hitlery, Drain the Swamp, Repeal Obamacare, Reduce the Deficit and all the other Trump accomplishments (like increasing the tax on goods poor people buy) looks appealing to today's conservatives.  and I admit, I don't think the rats can do better, but I don't want what the GOP offers either.  If you're loving the last two years...never been happier, I'm happy for you. 

The good news for me is I'm going to be happy no matter the outcome.  I think neither party deserves power and I will take comfort that a rat or a Republican lost a seat.

It maybe just my opinion but I think a big problem for Trump is he doesn't have a comparable villain to spare against this round.  Trump is on the ticket.  The rats and Trump's own vanity have assured that, but Hitlery isn't...and it's not like Trump can plausibly demagogue Russia or North Korea, even though they remain huge threats.  So Trump searches for a boogeyman in a caravan of the poor...but the overt racist overtures have a limited appeal for many people who don't shave their heads, or cheer on refugee minors in cages. 

Neither side is worth my support.

Please remind me if, or when, the caravan gets turned around at the border.  I might be building a underground shelter in the yard.  I'm not sure why an apology is necessary.  Could you please advise on the form?  I honestly don't know if you expect an apology for a wrong prediction that preceded your prediction, or did you take umbrage for expressing my opinion. Thanx for the reply.  I enjoyed writing this.

Thanks for the long and thoughtful reply, @Once-Ler .  I disagree with you on almost everything but I'm glad I do.  Anyway, Live Long and Prosper.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 02:21:34 pm »
This is a different report.  Pres. Trump wants the caravan mob to go through specific ports of entry AND also, he has told the military to consider a 'rock' a rifle.  Like him or not, I truly believe he's just as tired of this crap as most of us are.

Trump announces plan to deny asylum-seekers who don't show up at ports of entry, in latest major immigration policy shift

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-caravan-remarks-at-the-white-house

He has also said these people should apply to come in and that we want them to come in.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/11/01/trump-asylum-announcement-n2534053
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 02:36:18 pm »
I think that Trump should be going after the illegal ITIN tax id and what illegals are using it for.  Why would we allow illegal immigrants to get credit to purchase homes, vehicles, and businesses?  They are illegal.  It is another way they anchor themselves into this country.  Whether it was intended so they could pay taxes that is not what they do with it.  There should be EO to stop banks from lending money to illegal immigrants.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2018, 11:19:15 pm »

@Emjay

So why are they setting up tents and medical supplies on the border?

I've never had any use for "be positive or shut up" politics.  We're not children, and I don't think we're too fragile to bear anything except cheerleading.