Author Topic: 'How to get a husband': Cringeworthy 1950s dating article advises women to 'cry softly in a corner'  (Read 3860 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Today's women don't want husbands. They may want their money or status, but marriage is just an inconvenience to the millennial woman.

Maybe you should go looking for a cougar.

Offline musiclady

I've always figured it was weak, stupid men who were looking for weak, stupid women.

Back in the fifties, there were a lot of them, apparently....   happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Today's women don't want husbands. They may want their money or status, but marriage is just an inconvenience to the millennial woman.

I tell you times have changed.  From what I saw from girls pursuing my son? 

Women have become exponentially more aggressive uhhhhh...  socially in the past 40 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

I tell you times have changed.  From what I saw from girls pursuing my son? 

Women have become exponentially more aggressive uhhhhh...  socially in the past 40 years.

WAAAYYYY more!

(I have two sons also).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
 :silly: :silly: :silly:
Just can't imagine what the harpies on this board are sayin' about this thread.  :smokin:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe you should go looking for a cougar.
If he's lucky he may hit the trifecta 

Offline mirraflake

Not from what I see.  Young women today are crying out for romance and marriage.  Don't let the  feminazi media mislead you.

Several of my mid 20's nieces are married. One just had  baby and the other one is 4 months pregnant.  A third was married several months back. All college educated gals with full time jobs. Most of their friends are either married or engaged.

Why do you think the Hallmark channel is so popular among women today?  The movies portray romance, marriage and commitment.

@jmyrlefuller

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:32:32 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Not from what I see.  Young women today are crying out for romance and marriage.  Don't let the  feminazi media mislead you.

Several of my mid 20's nieces are married. One just had  baby and the other one is 4 months pregnant.  A third was married several months back. All college educated gals with full time jobs. Most of their friends are either married or engaged.

Why do you think the Hallmark channel is so popular among women today?  The movies portray romance, marriage and commitment.

@jmyrlefuller

I think you are correct. 

Offline RoosGirl

@jmyrlefuller

Oh, I thought that was for the new breed of men that are being churned out nowadays.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Silver Pines

How things change. Crying softly in the corner is what I have to do to get fed most nights.

@skeeter

LOL

Silver Pines

My, how "woke" feminism and political correctness has changed what used to be the "standard" of the day to "cringeworthy" today.  Times change, people change...what a bunch of politically cowrecked snowflakes...piss off wankers.  Always looking for something to be "offended" about...sick of this BS.

@SZonian

Silver Pines

"Make and sell toupees---bald men are easy catches!"

"Let it be known in your office that you have a button box and will sew on bachelors' loose buttons!"

"If your mother is fat, tell him you take after your father.  If he's fat, too, tell him you're adopted!"

Solid gold right here

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
@SZonian

@CatherineofAragon

"Mad"?  Yeah about how far back SJW's have to go to generate controversy in this "brave new world".  But in reality, it appears you missed the crux of my post.  Hope you had fun attempting to mock the statement though.  Later...it's past 0 beer 30 and I'm doing fine.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.