Author Topic: More than 3,695,100 Texans have already voted in the midterm election  (Read 898 times)

Offline thackney

More than 3,695,100 Texans have already voted in the midterm election
https://apps.texastribune.org/features/2018/general-election-early-voting/
UPDATED OCT. 31, 2018

As of day nine of early voting, 3,360,223 Texans have cast in-person ballots and 334,877 have cast mail-in ballots in the 30 counties where most registered voters in the state — 78 percent — live. That preliminary turnout has surpassed the total votes cast in those counties during the entire two-week early voting period in the last midterm election in 2014. So far this year, 30.2 percent of the 12.3 million registered voters in those 30 counties have voted.

See article for:
Turnout as of day nine of early voting compared to the same period in previous elections
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Re: More than 3,695,100 Texans have already voted in the midterm election
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:38:13 pm »
Record early voting totals leave big question: Does rush favor Democrats or GOP?
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Five-things-to-know-about-the-Texas-early-voting-13345501.php
 October 30, 2018

An unprecedented number of Texans cast their ballots during the first week of early voting, but it is impossible to predict whether that surge will benefit Republicans or Democrats because more than 25 percent of the voters have no primary election voting history, an analysis of data from the Secretary of State shows.

People whose voting records provide no clue of their party affiliation cast 27.8 percent of the ballots in the 15 most populous counties in Texas, according to the analysis by Republican consultant Derek Ryan.

About one-third of the early voters in those counties had voted in a Republican primary in the past; for Democrats, it was 30 percent. Those percentages are consistent with early voting totals from the last midterm primary, in 2014, Ryan said.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:58:47 pm »
It’s just so convenient voting early.  Amazing more don’t do it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 09:03:07 pm »
It’s just so convenient voting early.  Amazing more don’t do it.

I've always been a vote-on-election day guy, but as life is busy, I've found it smarter to vote early. I've missed a couple of primaries recently because my election day schedule didn't allow time to vote.
The Republic is lost.

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 09:12:33 pm »
I've always been a vote-on-election day guy, but as life is busy, I've found it smarter to vote early. I've missed a couple of primaries recently because my election day schedule didn't allow time to vote.

Exactly.  I no longer take the chance of having my time to vote canceled by problems at work.  Get it done early and know you won't miss out.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 01:47:26 am »
Two early Republican votes from our household are in.
Principles matter. Words matter.