Author Topic: Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology  (Read 9978 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2018, 03:31:18 pm »
Topic: Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology  (Read 606 times)

Two pages of replies,and I have to state the obvious?

WAKE UP,PEOPLE! Witchcraft IS a religion!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2018, 03:37:20 pm »
I always answer that with "Yield Right of Way".

Mine is "Slippery when wet".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2018, 03:38:29 pm »
Because they're morons.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2018, 03:38:49 pm »
Why millennials are ditching religion for witchcraft and astrology

Because they are much less likely to be molested by a Ouija Board than if they took a trip to their local Catholic church.

That's just mean, Frank!     happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:53 pm »
Two ouija board stories:

1. Buddy of mine from High School and I roomed in the dorms first year of college. He went down the hall to join some people playing with the oujia board. He said they did the routine, and something came on who's name was 'AB' and it would keep repeating those two letters over and over. They didn't get much answers out of it, mostly just that autistic like repetition.

They were about to wind down when something else took over and spelled out: 'I AM AN ANGEL OF THE LORD. BURN THE BOARD NOW.' That's when he hiked out of there back to the room and told me the story immediately after.

2. Another buddy of mine years later who was a practicing Christian walked in on some younger friends or relatives playing with the board. He told them not to mess with that stuff and knock it off. After they left the room he put his hand on the board and said 'WHO ARE YOU?!?!'. He did that several times, and all the board would spell is 'F*** YOU!'. He finally told whatever it was to take a hike and get out of there, and that was the end of that.

And that is why I don't mess with those things.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2018, 05:02:18 pm »
Two ouija board stories:

1. Buddy of mine from High School and I roomed in the dorms first year of college. He went down the hall to join some people playing with the oujia board. He said they did the routine, and something came on who's name was 'AB' and it would keep repeating those two letters over and over. They didn't get much answers out of it, mostly just that autistic like repetition.

They were about to wind down when something else took over and spelled out: 'I AM AN ANGEL OF THE LORD. BURN THE BOARD NOW.' That's when he hiked out of there back to the room and told me the story immediately after.

2. Another buddy of mine years later who was a practicing Christian walked in on some younger friends or relatives playing with the board. He told them not to mess with that stuff and knock it off. After they left the room he put his hand on the board and said 'WHO ARE YOU?!?!'. He did that several times, and all the board would spell is 'F*** YOU!'. He finally told whatever it was to take a hike and get out of there, and that was the end of that.

And that is why I don't mess with those things.

It is  $5.00 board game mass produced out of carboard and plastic. ..that is all it is.  No hokus pokus or other devily things.

@Free Vulcan

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2018, 05:08:15 pm »
It is  $5.00 board game mass produced out of carboard and plastic. ..that is all it is.  No hokus pokus or other devily things.

@Free Vulcan

String theory predicts 10 dimensions, 6 beyond the normal space-time.

Science fiction poses theories of more powerful beings from other dimensionals all the time, and people are like 'Yeah, yeah, I can see that.'

It's very possible there could be dimensions behind this one that we don't see, with more powerful beings than ourselves. I've seen and heard too much to rule out the possibility.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2018, 05:11:06 pm »
It's very possible there could be dimensions behind this one that we don't see, with more powerful beings than ourselves.

Yeah, but what are the odds you can contact them with a plastic game board?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2018, 05:12:30 pm »
String theory predicts 10 dimensions, 6 beyond the normal space-time.

Science fiction poses theories of more powerful beings from other dimensionals all the time, and people are like 'Yeah, yeah, I can see that.'

It's very possible there could be dimensions behind this one that we don't see, with more powerful beings than ourselves. I've seen and heard too much to rule out the possibility.

It's human hands pushing the object to subconsciously spell out what the person really wants to read.

@Free Vulcan

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2018, 05:23:54 pm »
It's human hands pushing the object to subconsciously spell out what the person really wants to read.

@Free Vulcan

I've not found that theory to be consistent with stories I've heard/read. It's actually more voodoo to believe that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2018, 05:30:03 pm »
I've not found that theory to be consistent with stories I've heard/read. It's actually more voodoo to believe that.

If Ouji boards was really a portal to the underworld the gov't would cease parker Bros to stop making them and all the current ones would be placed in the giant cavern next to the Ark of The Covenant in Raiders Ark.

@Free Vulcan

Silver Pines

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2018, 05:34:16 pm »

@Dexter

Why not?

Look, I get that a lot of people don't believe in evil nowadays, and by that I mean spiritual evil as described Biblically.  Even some Christians dismiss it. 

But if you believe that those particular forces/entities exist, and that they're looking to mislead human beings, the type of people who use Ouija boards are ripe.

Of course it isn't the piece of plastic that makes it possible; that's stupid.  It's the mindset of the people who are curious about things they should leave alone. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2018, 05:35:36 pm »
If Ouji boards was really a portal to the underworld the gov't would cease parker Bros to stop making them and all the current ones would be placed in the giant cavern next to the Ark of The Covenant in Raiders Ark.

@Free Vulcan

I'm not sure many in govt believe in the underworld (they don't like things that compete with the State or Gaia) so I don't see them stepping up anytime soon.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2018, 05:37:20 pm »
@Dexter

Why not?

Look, I get that a lot of people don't believe in evil nowadays, and by that I mean spiritual evil as described Biblically.  Even some Christians dismiss it. 

But if you believe that those particular forces/entities exist, and that they're looking to mislead human beings, the type of people who use Ouija boards are ripe.

Of course it isn't the piece of plastic that makes it possible; that's stupid.  It's the mindset of the people who are curious about things they should leave alone.

I guess. You'd find it just as possible to have a connection to those forces through some kind of ritual or whatever? Pentagram on the ground etc? I'm not being a jerk. If it's possible to contact otherworldly forces then what you're suggesting here is the most likely. It'd be your openness and willingness to be touched by those forces that would attract them, not a game board.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 05:42:03 pm »
I guess. You'd find it just as possible to have a connection to those forces through some kind of ritual or whatever? Pentagram on the ground etc? I'm not being a jerk. If it's possible to contact otherworldly forces then what you're suggesting here is the most likely. It'd be your openness and willingness to be touched by those forces that would attract them, not a game board.

Actually oujia boards are mild in that regard. I've read of full blown seances where it really gets out there.

From the gist of what you can glean from the Bible at least, that world is right behind ours. They can see us, we can't see them. It seems to take more work to keep them out than to invite them in.
The Republic is lost.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 06:39:01 pm »

@Dexter

I know you're not being a jerk.  Yes, people mess around and get in trouble with the occult in all kinds of ways.

Silver Pines

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 06:45:37 pm »

@Free Vulcan

@mirraflake

You mean the government that recognizes Wiccans and pagans in the military, and in one state allowed a statue of Satan to be temporarily erected on the grounds of the capitol?  This isn't a theocracy.  They wouldn't care if they even believed it, and the majority of them don't.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:46 pm »
I guess. You'd find it just as possible to have a connection to those forces through some kind of ritual or whatever? Pentagram on the ground etc? I'm not being a jerk.

Yes - There are rituals, and they are effective.

If it's possible to contact otherworldly forces then what you're suggesting here is the most likely. It'd be your openness and willingness to be touched by those forces that would attract them, not a game board.

Not exactly true. Yes it is a matter of will. But there is no doubt that objects can be demonically charged too. Ouija is a simple means, with a simple ritual... Think of it in the same way as an English primer book for children.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2018, 05:51:09 pm »
Do you know part of the reason Millennials get so much hate? Stuff like this:

Have you ever heard of the 70's? Or the 90's? This is the third time recycled for this crap, yet Millennials think it is all so funky superfly new and cool while they lionize themselves over their supposed open mindedness. It's bad enough to sell the BS, worse to believe it.

But I will say I don't see this in the Midwest. The 80's seem to rule more here and the hippy-witchy stuff is out, thank goodness.
Oh, yeah it's so modern and mainline .................again! I remember my mother taking classes in astrology in the early 70's but she never once considered it as any sort of religion, and all you have to do is look back at old movies to see astrology and spiritualism displayed to know it was common back in the 30's and 40's. Now I haven't really traveled hardly anywhere, but where I have in the U.S. there has invariably been at least one place place advertising astrology/spiritualism/numerology  because there are always suckers with money. Hell anyone that ever watched Dragnet learned that these are multi state scams! As for witchcraft, there have always been followers, there will always be people looking for a way to get something without actually earning it.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2018, 05:58:16 pm »
About the same as getting something useful from astrology or crystals, or spiritualism.

Silver Pines

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 09:36:02 pm »
Oh, yeah it's so modern and mainline .................again! I remember my mother taking classes in astrology in the early 70's but she never once considered it as any sort of religion, and all you have to do is look back at old movies to see astrology and spiritualism displayed to know it was common back in the 30's and 40's. Now I haven't really traveled hardly anywhere, but where I have in the U.S. there has invariably been at least one place place advertising astrology/spiritualism/numerology  because there are always suckers with money. Hell anyone that ever watched Dragnet learned that these are multi state scams! As for witchcraft, there have always been followers, there will always be people looking for a way to get something without actually earning it.

@GtHawk

It's even older than that.  In the Old Testament, the Israelites are warned to leave it alone.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 09:43:16 pm »
I tried to watch that American Horror Story - Apocalypse but had way too much very explicit Satan worship in it for me.  That stuff does seem to be 'normalized' today in American hipster culture. But it makes me uncomfortable. I have no desire to fool around with it at all, even if it is just a TV show.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2018, 09:56:44 pm »
I tried to watch that American Horror Story - Apocalypse but had way too much very explicit Satan worship in it for me.  That stuff does seem to be 'normalized' today in American hipster culture. But it makes me uncomfortable. I have no desire to fool around with it at all, even if it is just a TV show.

@240B

I like horror, but I've never watched AHS for that reason.  It looks really dark.

I watched the last season of Salem, and it skirted around the edges at times.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2018, 10:13:03 pm »
@240B

I like horror, but I've never watched AHS for that reason.  It looks really dark.

I watched the last season of Salem, and it skirted around the edges at times.
There are no edges this time. The show is like watching an actual evangelical religious service for Satan. It is like watching Passion of the Christ, only it is about Satan and the antiChrist instead.  Very strong religious theme, only like the article says, it is on the other side. That seems to be in vogue these days.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2018, 10:16:50 pm »
There are no edges this time. The show is like watching an actual evangelical religious service for Satan. It is like watching Passion of the Christ, only it is about Satan and the antiChrist instead.  Very strong religious theme, only like the article says, it is on the other side. That seems to be in vogue these days.

The real problem is "watered-down" Christianity, that is far more harmful than the Satanic stuff.

I remember a quote from a Pastor who talked about when Satan takes over a town, he said that "There would be no pornography,   people would be kind to each other, and the Churches would be packed every Sunday......where Christ is not preached."