Author Topic: Scary Black Rifle Alternatives  (Read 2340 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Scary Black Rifle Alternatives
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:16:29 pm »
With a renewed push by the gun grabbing left on the horizon to ban AR-15 platforms especially after the tragic shooting this morning.

With that in mind have y'all considered an AR platform alternative?  Something that does the job of an AR-15 style rifle but doesn't scream "scary black rifle!!!".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline endicom

Re: Scary Black Rifle Alternatives
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 11:23:23 pm »

In before someone says Mini-14.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:41:35 pm »
In before someone says Mini-14.

:beer:

What about lever action rifles?  You can't put all the cool guy operator stuff on them like an AR or a Mini 14...but they still have some potent calibers and shoot out to ranges that are useful for personal defense SHTF or hunting purposes.

I know at one point @Cyber Liberty talked about getting a 9mm carbine too.

It's already kinda weird to now be living in a state with a capacity limit (15 ends) on all magazines. 

I'm just thinking that at some point Libs will make a move to ban them again and I want to be one step ahead of the progressives.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:46:08 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 12:05:35 am »
AR15 don't have to be black. They just started out that way. Just like the Model T. They even come in pink.

Lever actions are down near the bottom of my list for dependability. Down with my pump actions.  I would trust any of my semi-autos and bolt actions much more than them.

My go-to home gun is my M1Carbine. It used to be my MAS49/56. I trust them way more than my lever action.

Though when I finally get around to load development for my newest AR15 upper, a 357Yeti, I may use it as my go-to gun.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:38 am »
M1A (mine is heavy, wood furniture), AK 74--the '47s smaller caliber cousin (5.45X39) with a really good ballistic coefficient, AK-47 for within 150 yards, Dragunov, Mini-14 (Keep the barrel stock, flash hiders mess with the harmonics and accuracy). FN-FAL (If you can find one).  In lever rifles, I like Marlins, but haven't shot a Henry larger than .22, although I have heard good things. Then there is the M1 Garand, but you ain't got a thing if you just heard that 'ping'--the ejected clip tells them you're reloading.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 12:14:09 am »
What about lever action rifles?  You can't put all the cool guy operator stuff on them like an AR or a Mini 14...

Yeah, but who was cooler than Chuck Connors?

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 12:18:40 am »
A Hello Kitty AR-15.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 12:20:37 am »

Yeah, but who was cooler than Chuck Connors?
You need the right rifle for the right country. In urban or brush, canyons, and the like, more often than not a saddle gun with iron sights is plenty, with a wide choice of calibers. If you're going to reach out, optics and sub MOA accuracy are much more important.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:23:49 am »
@txradioguy
You can't put all the cool guy operator stuff on them like an AR

Who said?

Mossberg Tactical Lever Gun

Not cooler than Chuck Conners but it can be done.

ETA: Please note I didn't say it was a good idea, I just mentioned it could be done. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 12:31:18 am by Meldrew »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 12:45:49 am »
@txradioguy
Who said?

Mossberg Tactical Lever Gun

Not cooler than Chuck Conners but it can be done.

ETA: Please note I didn't say it was a good idea, I just mentioned it could be done.

@Meldrew my gun geek meter just pegged!

I might have to get that one instead of a Marlin 336!

Offline Meldrew

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 01:11:16 am »
There is no good reason why one should limit one's self to just one lever gun.  Winchester 1894 for the beauty and the Mossberg for the brawn.  Can a 590M with an ACOG and 20 rd mag be far behind?   :0001:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 01:32:53 am »
M1A (mine is heavy, wood furniture), AK 74--the '47s smaller caliber cousin (5.45X39) with a really good ballistic coefficient, AK-47 for within 150 yards, Dragunov, Mini-14 (Keep the barrel stock, flash hiders mess with the harmonics and accuracy). FN-FAL (If you can find one).  In lever rifles, I like Marlins, but haven't shot a Henry larger than .22, although I have heard good things. Then there is the M1 Garand, but you ain't got a thing if you just heard that 'ping'--the ejected clip tells them you're reloading.

If you modify the op rod catch, I.E Holbrook device, the Garand doesn't auto eject the empty clip. You clip release the clip into your hand. No ping.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 03:20:48 am »
If you modify the op rod catch, I.E Holbrook device, the Garand doesn't auto eject the empty clip. You clip release the clip into your hand. No ping.
Good to know. I recall talking with WWII vets who'd carry empties to toss so the Nazis would think they were empty and break cover...

C S Lewis

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 03:27:42 am »
Mini-30...
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 03:41:01 am »
:beer:

What about lever action rifles?  You can't put all the cool guy operator stuff on them like an AR or a Mini 14...but they still have some potent calibers and shoot out to ranges that are useful for personal defense SHTF or hunting purposes.

I know at one point @Cyber Liberty talked about getting a 9mm carbine too.

It's already kinda weird to now be living in a state with a capacity limit (15 ends) on all magazines. 

I'm just thinking that at some point Libs will make a move to ban them again and I want to be one step ahead of the progressives.

I opted for a 5.56.  Springfield Armory.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: