Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke tops $70M as race with Ted Cruz passes $100M; ActBlue donors sent staggering $53M  (Read 1268 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Beto O'Rourke tops $70M as race with Ted Cruz passes $100M; ActBlue donors sent staggering $53M
Filed under 2018 Elections at 17 hrs ago

Todd J. Gillman Robert T. Garrett

Updated at 4 p.m.: Revised to include details of O'Rourke's reliance on donors using ActBlue.

WASHINGTON -- The cost of a U.S. Senate seat from Texas has never been higher, and Rep. Beto O'Rourke's insurgent bid to topple Sen. Ted Cruz has now attracted $70 million as the El Paso Democrat keeps setting new national records.

Three-quarters of that, a staggering $52.8 million, came in via ActBlue, an online portal that has allowed O'Rourke and other Democrats to crowdsource the otherwise arduous task of fundraising.

With Cruz raising $29.7 million since early 2017, when O'Rourke joined the race, the combined total has now crossed $100 million, a first for any U.S. Senate race in history.

The Democrat's latest campaign report, filed early Friday with the Federal Election Commission, showed he brought in nearly $8.5 million from Oct. 1 to Oct. 17, padding a tally that was already the most for any Senate candidate anywhere, ever.

Cruz's tally since the start of the election cycle, after his election in November 2012, is $40.5 million.

O'Rourke's campaign spent $21 million in the first 17 days of this month and still had $10.3 million in the bank. Cruz spent $9.7 million and entered the final stretch with $6.7 million.

more
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/10/26/beto-orourke-tops-70-million-outpacing-cruz-2-1-texas-race-hits-100-million

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis is blowing through it all with those annoying TV ads and texts and awesome videos.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Robert Francis is blowing through it all with those annoying TV ads and texts and awesome videos.
You call the one with the pompom girls 'awesome'?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
You call the one with the pompom girls 'awesome'?

Maybe I should have used a sarcasm tag?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

I looked at this on both open secrets and fec.gov

Of the 70m Beto received 9.4m came from Texas 13%
Of the 30m Cruz received, 9.9m came from Texas 33%.

Beto's claims of not taking PAC money appears to be the case, but they are over looking the practice bundling that has come his way.

The top 4 were:
Alphabet (Google)
University of Texas
AT & T
University of California.

So government employees at 2 state universities make up a lot of his donations.
Why would Google and AT & T top the list? tTe net neutrality thing (to monopolize it)?

Cruz biggest were financial institutions and law firms, and PACs which isn't a surprise, Cruz being a lawyer and for a better business climate.

Woodforest Financialgroup topped the list.followed by:
Senate Conservative fund
NorPAC
Sullivan and Cromwell- interesting that this group and NorPAC gave more to Dems than Republicans.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:20:09 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline skeeter

As well as illegal immigrant caravans, it seems.

Offline GrouchoTex

As well as illegal immigrant caravans, it seems.

I saw that last night on twitter.
I wonder if any of the MSM will pick it up?
I doubt it.

Offline skeeter

I saw that last night on twitter.
I wonder if any of the MSM will pick it up?
I doubt it.

Are you kidding. Only one route for this info -

Trump's Twitter
MSM "factcheck", deemed a lie.
Public's discerning ear