Author Topic: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border  (Read 5673 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2018, 08:21:54 pm »
@RoosGirl

Didn’t you mean this....

Maybe I meant this...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2018, 08:43:26 pm »
No, the Mod did not remove any of your posts.  The Mod removed only the parts where you went after other members.

Excuse me, I have carefully refrained from 'going after' other members.  I may mention that a certain group of posters with agendas are mistaken, but I have been an excellent girl for a long time.

Is there some prejudice here?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2018, 08:59:35 pm »
   I know I made a couple of snarky comments last night to @ArneFufkin and he repaid me in kind but $hit that was over 12 hours ago.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2018, 09:06:27 pm »
   I know I made a couple of snarky comments last night to @ArneFufkin and he repaid me in kind but $hit that was over 12 hours ago.

I know @corbe but you and I can hold grudges till the cows come home, or till they die, or whatever.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2018, 09:18:21 pm »
Excuse me, I have carefully refrained from 'going after' other members.  I may mention that a certain group of posters with agendas are mistaken, but I have been an excellent girl for a long time.

Is there some prejudice here?

Not at all.

I think we are just are of the mind to call people and their behaviors what they are:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2018, 09:36:02 pm »

It was more than a few snarky comments, I’d say you kicked his butt.

But he asked for it. Several times.

Offline corbe

« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2018, 10:03:02 pm »
   The mods have taught me to accept and tolerate our local benevolent population of 'Trumpers', or else!  But that dude sure can push my buttons @skeeter
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:21 pm »
   The mods have taught me to accept and tolerate our local benevolent population of 'Trumpers', or else!  But that dude sure can push my buttons @skeeter

I'm glad there's someone out there who can  :tongue2:

! No longer available

Silver Pines

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2018, 07:39:58 pm »

You’re singing my song, @ArneFufkin  Straight up, I’ve got President Trump’s back.

Oh, @aligncare.  Lol. 

My message to those poor unfortunate lost souls, the NeverTrumpers, is that you have got to decide.

Lmaoooo

The time for salvation is now!  Trump will save your soul!

Your halfazzed supposed Trump support /criticism of him when your virtue needs a hug/ is not helping. It’s a time for choosing. An important midterm is already upon us and before you know it Trump will be running for a second term. Surely, you will have made up your mind about supporting your president by then?

Now we get down to it.  Someone is actually willing to admit that conditional support of Trump---yes when he's right, no when he's wrong---just isn't enough.  You need to hop on that train, put on that red hat, and start singing hallelujah to the deliverer of lost souls.

Silver Pines

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2018, 07:43:43 pm »
@aligncare   Wow.  Amazing how the NTers are so appalled by a guy @arnefulkin who whole-heartedly supports the President.  For a while there, I thought we were gonna have some heart attacks.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Donald Trump has brought about change and will continue to do so.

@Emjay

Change, change....gonna bring change....where have I heard that before?  Some political guy, I know....

It's been my experience that some of the most hardcore Trump defenders are the ones who start off with "I never supported Trump, BUT"

Offline corbe

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2018, 07:46:13 pm »
   I just didn't have the Heart or the conviction to get on the Train after reading her Dear Never letter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2018, 07:51:23 pm »
   I just didn't have the Heart or the conviction to get on the Train after reading her Dear Never letter.

"Of all the gin joints in the world, he had to ride that escalator into mine"

@corbe