Author Topic: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border  (Read 5781 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Weary migrants still far from reaching US border
« on: October 26, 2018, 05:19:46 pm »
HUIXTLA, Mexico – Thousands of Central American migrants awoke Tuesday in a makeshift encampment in a rain-soaked town square in far-southern Mexico, some weary, foot-sore and coughing, still distant from their goal of reaching the U.S. border.

The caravan, estimated to include more than 7,000 people, had advanced about 45 miles (75 kilometers) since crossing the border from Guatemala, and still faced more than 1,000 miles, and likely much further, to the end of the journey.

But as the sun rose, a chorus of coughs arose from the shapeless forms wrapped in blankets and bits of plastic sheeting. Burned by the relentless heat and the night's chill, eating badly and sleeping rough, many appeared to be developing respiratory symptoms.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/weary-migrants-still-far-from-reaching-us-border?intcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obnetwork
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Weary migrants still far from reaching US border
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:22:52 pm »
Bottom line:  Whatever group (probably Soros and associates) rounded up and financed this caravan is guilty of horrible abuse to these people, all done for political points.

They have no resources and most will never reach whatever goal they were promised.

And, more sadly, the world has pretty much forgotten them now as this stupid bomb thing has dominated the media for two days.

No one was killed, injured or even frightened by a bomb.  This odd looking Florida guy was a tool for someone on the democrat side.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 06:49:40 pm »
Bottom line:  Whatever group (probably Soros and associates) rounded up and financed this caravan is guilty of horrible abuse to these people, all done for political points.

They have no resources and most will never reach whatever goal they were promised.

And, more sadly, the world has pretty much forgotten them now as this stupid bomb thing has dominated the media for two days.

No one was killed, injured or even frightened by a bomb.  This odd looking Florida guy was a tool for someone on the democrat side.

Interesting ... as Trump supposedly announced that he is placing 1,200 unarmed guards on the border along with agreeing to allow these people to apply for asylum and let the UN place them in host countries.  Then there are his tweets that say caravans are heading towards the border and he won't let them in.

We've seen pictures of flatbed trucks hauling them in as well as pictures of the mob knocking down barricades and overtaking the Mexican police.

I tend to believe that we will now never know how many reach the border, nor will we be told how many will be granted asylum into the U.S.

What we do know is that our immigration laws haven't been changed to adequately protect the sovereignty of this country.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 06:55:37 pm »
Interesting ... as Trump supposedly announced that he is placing 1,200 unarmed guards on the border along with agreeing to allow these people to apply for asylum and let the UN place them in host countries.  Then there are his tweets that say caravans are heading towards the border and he won't let them in.

We've seen pictures of flatbed trucks hauling them in as well as pictures of the mob knocking down barricades and overtaking the Mexican police.

I tend to believe that we will now never know how many reach the border, nor will we be told how many will be granted asylum into the U.S.

What we do know is that our immigration laws haven't been changed to adequately protect the sovereignty of this country.

I am sorry that you are so terrified of this pathetic, rag-tag bunch of people who were induced by Soros interests to start on this perilous and fruitless journey.

I do not believe a significant group will reach the border.

If it does, it will be dealt with in a humane but firm way.

The one thing this may have accomplished is alert the American people to the perils of open immigration and maybe we can get some meaningful legislation passed if we get a large enough Republican majority ... and that is the ONLY way we can hope to get that done.

You may rail against the Republicans but they will probably respond to the sentiment of the people and there is a snowball's chance in the hot place that any democrat would.  They love illegals.

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:06:20 pm »
I am sorry that you are so terrified of this pathetic, rag-tag bunch of people who were induced by Soros interests to start on this perilous and fruitless journey.

I do not believe a significant group will reach the border.

If it does, it will be dealt with in a humane but firm way.

The one thing this may have accomplished is alert the American people to the perils of open immigration and maybe we can get some meaningful legislation passed if we get a large enough Republican majority ... and that is the ONLY way we can hope to get that done.

You may rail against the Republicans but they will probably respond to the sentiment of the people and there is a snowball's chance in the hot place that any democrat would.  They love illegals.

@Emjay  it is very unfortunate that you continue to put words in my mouth and make assumptions.  It is equally unfortunate that you view this as strictly a political issue rather than an American issue.  Illegal immigration affects this country, it affects us ALL and people have differing opinions as to how this should be dealt with.  There is no easy answer.  What we do know is the our President is Commander in chief and has the full authority to deal with this situation, yet, you're so quick to blame others as being against him if he reacts in a way that some see as weak. I am NOT (and I'm repeating this again for you Emjay) against Trump, but I sure don't feel he should be given a free pass, especially when it comes to the sovereignty of this country.

Very sad that you also believe and made the statement if we get a large enough GOP majority.  The GOP held a larger Senate majority when Bammy was POTUS and the GOP majority in the House has been very significant.  I really think you need to realize that the blame game is extremely old and doesn't hold water.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 07:08:04 pm »
@Emjay  it is very unfortunate that you continue to put words in my mouth and make assumptions.  It is equally unfortunate that you view this as strictly a political issue rather than an American issue.  Illegal immigration affects this country, it affects us ALL and people have differing opinions as to how this should be dealt with.  There is no easy answer.  What we do know is the our President is Commander in chief and has the full authority to deal with this situation, yet, you're so quick to blame others as being against him if he reacts in a way that some see as weak. I am NOT (and I'm repeating this again for you Emjay) against Trump, but I sure don't feel he should be given a free pass, especially when it comes to the sovereignty of this country.

Very sad that you also believe and made the statement if we get a large enough GOP majority.  The GOP held a larger Senate majority when Bammy was POTUS and the GOP majority in the House has been very significant.  I really think you need to realize that the blame game is extremely old and doesn't hold water.

Okay @libertybele   I'm out.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 11:43:03 pm »
Okay @libertybele   I'm out.

Good thing.  Trumps whole campaign was what he was going to do about immigration.  Instead illegal immigration has increased to overwhelming numbers.  Because you cannot have rhetoric instead of action.  Any child knows that trick.  Its human nature.  Its called empty threat which leads to worsening situation.  Whether it is at home or the border.

We are actually much, much worse off now.

And I am sorry that the caravan doesn't concern you.  Perhaps you should spend a little time looking at what ISIS and Mexican Cartel do to people.  Maybe its because you are on your island that you aren't concerned for the rest of the United States.

Well people sick is a very reasonable concern.  We have no idea what kind of health these people are in.  We don't know if they are criminals or people from the ME trying to make it to America possibly carrying any kind of anything.  Don't want to scare you.  Actually I do.  And the numbers of people in these caravans are equal to what was seen in Europe.  And look at the crime that came with those "immigrants".   I can show you I am sure.

It is quite possible that women and women with children cannot make it.  But ones who want to do harm to the United States will.  I guarantee it.  All the men traveling at alone.  Young men with no children to slow them down.

But go ahead.  Keep making excuses.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:50:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 11:48:36 pm »
Who’s more weary, the walking migrants or Lou Dobbs trying to pronounce Huixtla?

https://www.newsweek.com/video-fox-host-lou-dobbs-struggles-pronounce-mexican-town-name-during-segment-1188683
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:49:09 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 11:50:57 pm »
Good thing.  Trumps whole campaign was what he was going to do about immigration.  Instead illegal immigration has increased to overwhelming numbers.  Because you cannot have rhetoric instead of action.  Any child knows that trick.  Its human nature.  Its called empty threat which leads to worsening situation.  Whether it is at home or the border.

The stats are out and from what I've read you are absolutely correct.  Illegal immigration has increased and Lord only knows how many will be granted asylum out of the 14,000.  Stats also show that nearly 80% of those applying for asylum will be granted asylum.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 11:54:32 pm »
The stats are out and from what I've read you are absolutely correct.  Illegal immigration has increased and Lord only knows how many will be granted asylum out of the 14,000.  Stats also show that nearly 80% of those applying for asylum will be granted asylum.

Its so much worse now.  So much.  I also updated my post so go back and read the rest.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 11:56:50 pm »
Who’s more weary, the walking migrants or Lou Dobbs trying to pronounce Huixtla?

https://www.newsweek.com/video-fox-host-lou-dobbs-struggles-pronounce-mexican-town-name-during-segment-1188683

888high58888  Good one. You made me chuckle.   :rolling:

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2018, 12:01:14 am »

We are actually much, much worse off now.

And I am sorry that the caravan doesn't concern you.  Perhaps you should spend a little time looking at what ISIS and Mexican Cartel do to people.  Maybe its because you are on your island that you aren't concerned for the rest of the United States.

Well people sick is a very reasonable concern.  We have no idea what kind of health these people are in.  We don't know if they are criminals or people from the ME trying to make it to America possibly carrying any kind of anything.  Don't want to scare you.  Actually I do.  And the numbers of people in these caravans are equal to what was seen in Europe.  And look at the crime that came with those "immigrants".   I can show you I am sure.

It is quite possible that women and women with children cannot make it.  But ones who want to do harm to the United States will.  I guarantee it.  All the men traveling at alone.  Young men with no children to slow them down.

We have nothing in place to keep these people from continuing to pour in with more caravans.  IF it is not stopped now (and Trump has the full authority) we will be another Europe.  The only process in place right now is letting the UN determine who is granted asylum and to which country they will be placed.  12 mos later they can apply for residency and if approved will be given a social security card.  They will be considered LEGAL.  Voting privileges I am unsure of.  Anyone?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2018, 12:17:35 am »
These woman expecting toddlers to walk all this way should be held criminally accountable for child endangerment.  Not only from walking and being exposed to weather, heat and sickness, but being in a criminal element.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/latest-unicef-highlights-perils-children-caravan-105237716.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:19:48 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2018, 12:30:29 am »

For 21 months, Trump’s rhetoric can be summed up in 3 words: Build the Wall!

Seems to mollify his base, as do most of his pronouncements.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 01:14:42 am »
@libertybele @Chosen Daughter @Night Hides Not

I am NOT attempting to help you people see reason anymore so don't bother posting to me.

The fact is, NONE of the primary candidates except Trump and Ted Cruz had much interest in the illegal alien problem at all. We know Jeb Bush didn't and Kasich has already said it is a sin to keep them out.  If you can think of anyone else who would be better, have at it.

I am sick of people whining because Trump didn't magically get the wall built.  The fact is that Kevin McCarthy has introduced strong anti-illegal legislation which will only have a chance of passing if the Republicans retain their majority.

I think strong legislation WILL be passed and you all can gripe all you want to, but I am flat out not interested in it.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2018, 01:19:54 am »

That is the most stupid analysis of the last 21 months I've seen ANYWHERE.

You Lefties should REALLY hang around HuffPo and TheHill where your historic dullness can fade into the mass off painful ignorance.

So, this is TBR.  We have some intelligent folks around.   Allegedly.

I am a Trump fan.  Not by his pronouncements.  By the RESULTS.

Tell me how I am "mollified".  Seriously.  You cannot, is my absolute prediction.   Be humiliated, we have the facts.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:25:30 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2018, 01:22:05 am »
That is the most stupid analysis of the last 21 months I've seen ANYWHERE.

Amen, @ArneFufkin   but stupidity doesn't stop them.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2018, 01:25:53 am »
@libertybele @Chosen Daughter @Night Hides Not

I am NOT attempting to help you people see reason anymore so don't bother posting to me.

The fact is, NONE of the primary candidates except Trump and Ted Cruz had much interest in the illegal alien problem at all. We know Jeb Bush didn't and Kasich has already said it is a sin to keep them out.  If you can think of anyone else who would be better, have at it.

I am sick of people whining because Trump didn't magically get the wall built.  The fact is that Kevin McCarthy has introduced strong anti-illegal legislation which will only have a chance of passing if the Republicans retain their majority.

I think strong legislation WILL be passed and you all can gripe all you want to, but I am flat out not interested in it.

Well @Emjay if it don't want me to respond or post to you, then don't address me.  But since you did, don't you feel that it's a bit troublesome when our President states that we could easily mirror Europe, yet does nothing.  Again, he can act on this WITHOUT CONGRESS! He is Commander in Chief and has full authority.

Secondly, don't you find it troubling that under Pres. Trump illegal immigration has actually INCREASED?? 

Has nothing to do with the majority; as I've stated several times the GOP has held the majority for nearly 4 years, with a significant majority in the House.  They've done nothing.

Bottom line.  He isn't doing what he promised.  I'd say right now, his staunch supporters have been duped!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:26:50 am by libertybele »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2018, 01:30:30 am »
The hand-wringing I've witnessed in this forum over the last week or so, regarding "the caravan", seems to be lifted right out of the pages of "The Camp of the Saints".

In that book, the politicians and people of France twisted themselves into pretzels arguing and agonizing over what should be done about the approaching flotilla from India.

We're seeing the same here, among traditionalists and conservatives (we don't see ANYTHING from the left, who clearly welcome the migrant caravans).

All while the only course to prevent an invasion was obvious.

Will it be the same here?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:07 am »
Amen, @ArneFufkin   but stupidity doesn't stop them.

Hi Emjay.  I think we both occasionally do "palm face" type of stuff with Trump's Tweets and personality.   But ... what a better way to Creepy Porn Lawyer and his despicable HO client than to insult her?  They have spent forever trying to destroy him, his family and OUR Presidency.

But, he BROKE THE CODE.   No POTUS ever has been this open and communicative to Americans as he has been.

I am thrilled beyond belief.   He is going to personally - through his ridiculous energy - keep the House in GOP hands and deliver a 56 or 57 Senate Majority.   I am predicting this because Trump is out there EVERY OTHER NIGHT and the Lefties continue to be evil, destructive and violent.

Trump is a transformative force in American politics.  He's breaking the rules.  "They" don't get him. 

And, believe me;  Trump holds ALL the cards, ALL the leverage on these scumbags like Rosenstein, Ohr, Comey, McCabe, Stzok, Brennan, Comey etc.   Donald Trump maneuvered throuigh the Gambino Family and  Dinken's NYC Administraion throughout his business life.

Unlike W, he's street smart and keeping his powder dry,  For now.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2018, 01:46:29 am »
Well @Emjay if it don't want me to respond or post to you, then don't address me.  But since you did, don't you feel that it's a bit troublesome when our President states that we could easily mirror Europe, yet does nothing.  Again, he can act on this WITHOUT CONGRESS! He is Commander in Chief and has full authority.

Secondly, don't you find it troubling that under Pres. Trump illegal immigration has actually INCREASED?? 

Has nothing to do with the majority; as I've stated several times the GOP has held the majority for nearly 4 years, with a significant majority in the House.  They've done nothing.

Bottom line.  He isn't doing what he promised.  I'd say right now, his staunch supporters have been duped!

Did it ever dawn on you that the ...  REPORTING ... of illegal immigrant incursion became more accurate the last year or two?

Perhaps the data from Obama years was a lie, and we're now getting a truthful assessment of the situation?

Hey. it's TBR.  Do facts matter?  Inquiring minds and all of that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2018, 01:55:37 am »

Three branches to our government.

60 Senate votes, to reach cloture.

Yes the legislature has served us poorly on immigration on deficit.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2018, 01:57:01 am »
Did it ever dawn on you that the ...  REPORTING ... of illegal immigrant incursion became more accurate the last year or two?

Perhaps the data from Obama years was a lie, and we're now getting a truthful assessment of the situation?

Hey. it's TBR.  Do facts matter?  Inquiring minds and all of that.

The FACT is that illegal immigration is still occurring and Congress with a GOP majority has still done very little to change immigration laws and enforce existing laws to ensure the safety of its citizenry and retain our sovereignty.

The FACT is that we have had multiple caravans, with more on the way during Trump's administration and so far the granting of asylum has been commonplace.

Sure the numbers under Bammy could have been a lie, but I haven't read any information to prove that.  However, I'm not going to give Pres. Trump a free pass just because prior numbers may have been skewed.

Online corbe

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2018, 02:04:20 am »
Hi Emjay.  I think we both occasionally do "palm face" type of stuff with Trump's Tweets and personality.   But ... what a better way to Creepy Porn Lawyer and his despicable HO client than to insult her?  They have spent forever trying to destroy him, his family and OUR Presidency.

But, he BROKE THE CODE.   No POTUS ever has been this open and communicative to Americans as he has been.

I am thrilled beyond belief.   He is going to personally - through his ridiculous energy - keep the House in GOP hands and deliver a 56 or 57 Senate Majority.   I am predicting this because Trump is out there EVERY OTHER NIGHT and the Lefties continue to be evil, destructive and violent.

Trump is a transformative force in American politics.  He's breaking the rules.  "They" don't get him. 

And, believe me;  Trump holds ALL the cards, ALL the leverage on these scumbags like Rosenstein, Ohr, Comey, McCabe, Stzok, Brennan, Comey etc.   Donald Trump maneuvered throuigh the Gambino Family and  Dinken's NYC Administraion throughout his business life.

Unlike W, he's street smart and keeping his powder dry,  For now.

I too, @ArneFufkin use to have that warm wet feeling all over but I was doing a lot of hydrocodone.   I'm amazed that you can achieve that over a politician, but I wish you the best.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2018, 02:08:11 am »
The FACT is that illegal immigration is still occurring and Congress with a GOP majority has still done very little to change immigration laws and enforce existing laws to ensure the safety of its citizenry and retain our sovereignty.

The FACT is that we have had multiple caravans, with more on the way during Trump's administration and so far the granting of asylum has been commonplace.

Sure the numbers under Bammy could have been a lie, but I haven't read any information to prove that.  However, I'm not going to give Pres. Trump a free pass just because prior numbers may have been skewed.

State the facts.  Give me your "numbers".

And?  Who ever knew you were the only person aware of the "caravan."?   Hey, who am I, but don't you think you should alert SOMEBODY about this 7,000 strong group of invaders coming up through Mexico?

With all respect, you need to lose your silly animus against Trump and his agenda.   

Seriously, I come here and folks like you make me think it's some kind of idiot Never Trumper site.   Which ... it kinda is.

President Trump is SERIOUS about border security.  He is SERIOUS about most everything he's promised.  And delivered, by and large.

I want him to get serious about our National Debt, which is almost equal to our GNP, but I believe he wiill

You are FINE person L-belle.  Quit being a hater!  Trump is the vulgar doorman at the Club you're feeling really safe at.  He's for us!   I trust him -  I've watched 20 of his rallies and he's a Patriot first.   What a change from that last guy.