Author Topic: Feds widen search for others who may have helped the South Florida mail-bomb suspect  (Read 466 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Feds widen search for others who may have helped the South Florida mail-bomb suspect
Miami Herald, Oct 27, 2018, Jay Weaver

Federal agents are still searching for other possible suspects in South Florida who may have helped Cesar Sayoc, the former stripper and self-described entertainment promoter who was arrested at an auto parts store in Plantation Friday.

Friday night, FBI agents questioned a person at a Broward County residence with a potential connection to Sayoc, but nothing came of the interview, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the probe. 

[...]

According to sources, Sayoc told FBI agents and other authorities during a brief interview at the bureau’s South Florida field office in Miramar that he never meant to hurt any of the intended targets — though the FBI’s director later said the pipe bombs were not “hoax devices.” Sayoc eventually clammed up, invoking his Miranda rights and asking to speak with a lawyer.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/article220738650.html#storylink=cpy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I found this interesting:

According to sources, Sayoc told FBI agents and other authorities during a brief interview at the bureau’s South Florida field office in Miramar that he never meant to hurt any of the intended targets

I also found it interesting that the article reports a change in venue for prosecution from Florida to New York

Offline skeeter

Sounds like a buncha conspiracy theorist stuff to me. How disappointing.