Author Topic: NBC reports Megyn Kelly is negotiating her exit from network; would Fox take her back?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Suppressed

NBC reports Megyn Kelly is negotiating her exit from network; would Fox take her back?
Leora Arnowitz, USA TODAY Published 8:49 a.m. ET Oct. 26, 2018 | Updated 10:32 a.m. ET Oct. 26, 2018

Megyn Kelly is negotiating her exit from NBC after less than two years, the network confirmed Friday morning on "Today."

"This morning, NBC News host Megyn Kelly is in talks with the network about her imminent departure," Morgan Radford said during the news segment, citing a person familiar with the situation.

Meanwhile, the embattled host, who offended viewers and colleagues when she excusing the use of blackface Halloween costumes Tuesday, got a show of support from her colleagues at Fox News. However, the network itself indicated it's unlikely to take back the woman who was once the star of its primetime lineup.

[...]

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/10/26/megyn-kelly-gets-support-fox-news-pals-nbc-future-bleak-geraldo-rivera-janice-dean/1772337002/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Silver Pines

Not surprised.  Why not just take the big payday and relax?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Please Fox don't take her back.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline aligncare

Would FOX take her back? Flat out no! They were glad to be rid of her – she’s toxic in the work environment.

No, she needs to go into hiding and try coming back later – much later, after her personality transplant – that is, if it’s not rejected by the host.

Silver Pines

Would FOX take her back? Flat out no! They were glad to be rid of her – she’s toxic in the work environment.

No, she needs to go into hiding and try coming back later – much later, after her personality transplant – that is, if it’s not rejected by the host.

@aligncare

I couldn’t remember the details of the claims that Kelly was hated by her Fox co-workers, so I did a little digging.

It was one woman, a makeup artist named Iren Halperin, who spoke out.  She said that Kelly was “not for women” (hmm).  Also that she snapped her fingers, pointed at someone in the makeup chair and said “You!  Get out of that chair.”  Yeah, that totally sounds like something a person would really say.

Halperin said that Kelly was “mean.”  Use of that word tells me you’re a whiner or playing victim.  Or just full of it.

This Halperin chick is on Twitter.  She joined 2 years ago and has 5 followers, and she seems obsessed with Megyn Kelly.

During a rant, someone who worked with Kelly tweeted back to Halperin that her claims were not true and Megyn was fine to work with....just as other co-workers who publicly said, at the time, it was all false.  Add Dana Loesch, who said she spoke with Kelly’s colleagues and knows it’s not true.

So you have a woman who seems a bit nuts making the accusation, and several co-workers who rebutted it. 

Oh, and some “unnamed sources” and an “insider.”  You dismiss those when the subject is Trump.  Are you going to trust them now?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@aligncare

I couldn’t remember the details of the claims that Kelly was hated by her Fox co-workers, so I did a little digging.

It was one woman, a makeup artist named Iren Halperin, who spoke out.  She said that Kelly was “not for women” (hmm).  Also that she snapped her fingers, pointed at someone in the makeup chair and said “You!  Get out of that chair.”  Yeah, that totally sounds like something a person would really say.

Halperin said that Kelly was “mean.”  Use of that word tells me you’re a whiner or playing victim.  Or just full of it.

This Halperin chick is on Twitter.  She joined 2 years ago and has 5 followers, and she seems obsessed with Megyn Kelly.

During a rant, someone who worked with Kelly tweeted back to Halperin that her claims were not true and Megyn was fine to work with....just as other co-workers who publicly said, at the time, it was all false.  Add Dana Loesch, who said she spoke with Kelly’s colleagues and knows it’s not true.

So you have a woman who seems a bit nuts making the accusation, and several co-workers who rebutted it. 

Oh, and some “unnamed sources” and an “insider.”  You dismiss those when the subject is Trump.  Are you going to trust them now?

Yeah, that stuff sounded sort of made up to me.  I'm not sure why there's such animus towards her.  Did you hear what she said that got her fired?  Perfectly reasonable.  Now, apparently she was onto NBC for not dealing well with the #MeToo movement there.

Online cato potatoe

If you believe the plaintiffs, the work environment was already toxic for the women at FOX.  Then Donald Trump formed a sick obsession after she refused to be bought off like the other FOX personalities.  His supporters were especially abusive.  Who can blame her for leaving?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
If you believe the plaintiffs, the work environment was already toxic for the women at FOX.  Then Donald Trump formed a sick obsession after she refused to be bought off like the other FOX personalities.  His supporters were especially abusive.  Who can blame her for leaving?

She can live very comfortably for the rest of her life on $69M.   

...and then there's the book and movie deal.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

Yeah, that stuff sounded sort of made up to me.  I'm not sure why there's such animus towards her.  Did you hear what she said that got her fired?  Perfectly reasonable.  Now, apparently she was onto NBC for not dealing well with the #MeToo movement there.

@Sanguine

For some reason, Kelly’s question at the debate inspired a grudge that won’t die.  TOS goes into rabid mode when she’s the topic.

I saw the so-called firing offense last night.  I don’t get it.  She was asking a sincere question, she wasn’t offensive, and there were black women in the audience nodding in agreement.  I think Kelly’s tearful apology was ridiculous.

According to an article from this morning, NBC colleagues found her opinions “too conservative.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not surprised.  Why not just take the big payday and relax?

I know ... if I received $67M....I'd take off for an undisclosed location and stay there.   :laugh:

Online Slide Rule

Now see Megyn capture a Trump interview
about the overwhelming Republican win.

A You Were Right all along interview.

She may throw in a bonus of her money maker.

This is a crafty lady.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline dfwgator

So when is ABC going to fire Whoopi from 'The View'?

Silver Pines

I know ... if I received $67M....I'd take off for an undisclosed location and stay there.   :laugh:

@Right_in_Virginia

Hell, I'd call a press conference and say screw all of you, who's laughing now?  I'm going to Tahiti.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Hell, I'd call a press conference and say screw all of you, who's laughing now?  I'm going to Tahiti.

Yup!   888high58888

@CatherineofAragon   

Online Slide Rule

@Right_in_Virginia

Every one of us has that goal.

Financial independence was one of my early goals having started near
the very bottom. I have met this to my satisfaction. Not Millions but
comfortable enough.

Then comes recognition. People ask for your views. This went on where
I worked, in my community and now long after retirement.

Then there is the ultimate trip. Power. I like power mainly because of
the decisions I make and the resulting benefits. I bet that this is Megyn
Kelly's ultimate goal. If so, she will land on her feet somewhere in the
media or in government.

The lady will attempt to land a Trump interview and will do whatever it
takes to land it.  It is too early to tell if she will be successful.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote