Author Topic: Megyn Kelly's Lawyer Set for Friday Showdown With NBC  (Read 1452 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Megyn Kelly's Lawyer Set for Friday Showdown With NBC
« on: October 25, 2018, 05:54:21 pm »

Hollywood Reporter
by Marisa Guthrie
10/25/2018

It's increasingly unlikely that she could make a return to the news division.
Megyn Kelly's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, one of Hollywood's top talent-side litigators, will meet with NBC News executives in New York as soon as Friday for what are expected to be talks about the terms of her status at NBC News, sources close to the situation tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Kelly was not on her 9 a.m. Today hour on Thursday and is not expected to be there on Friday either. It's increasingly unlikely that she could make a return to NBC News. Freedman was hired late on Wednesday at the suggestion of UTA, say sources.

A key part of his discussion with NBC News executives is expected to involve what Kelly views as some hypocrisy on the part of NBC — that it was OK for a sister property (Bravo) to show a woman dressed in what appeared to be blackface. Kelly and a panel of contributors were talking about Real Housewives of New York castmember Luann de Lesseps' Diana Ross costume, which caused a stir earlier this year because de Lesseps appeared to have darkened her skin for the costume, which included a white evening gown and sky-high wig. De Lesseps apologized after the episode caused controversy when it aired last spring.

(more)
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/megyn-kellys-lawyer-set-friday-showdown-nbc-1154968
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Megyn Kelly's Lawyer Set for Friday Showdown With NBC
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 05:55:45 pm »
Meanwhile.....

Ted and Whoopi still have their jobs.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 06:01:27 pm »
Megyn put herself in a weird place politically. Liberals view her as a Republican Conservative, and Republican Conservatives view her as a Liberal.

She managed to alienate both sides, and this is the result of that.

Full disclosure: There was a time, when she was on FOX when I thought she was one of the most beautiful women in the whole world. My God she was beautiful. But then she turned out to be a little flakey, and that detracted from her looks.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 06:33:31 pm »
SO you can't even talk about what other morons are doing anymore on NBC.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 06:47:04 pm »
This is a tempest in a teapot, and NBC owes her a giant pile of cash.  Cowardice is expensive.  I bet she'll get another role on FOX.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 07:52:25 pm »
Meanwhile people continue cutting the cord, whereby EVERY household pays an amount in their cable bill SPECIFICALLY for CNN.

But podcasts, youtubers now provide more interesting content.

AND behind the scenes talk, is for billionaires to provide an alternative to Google owned youtube.com

Megyn Kelly could easily slide into the emerging, growing "Alt-media" movement, and use her mind, to provide interesting interview content.

The technologies are making the distinction of place, delivery method etc. mean less and less.

Or she could simply retire for awhile, or become a guest on shows discussing how ridiculous the media has become, catering to political correctness, liberal, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 10:52:51 pm »
I am no fan of Ms. Kelly's but just what did she apologize *for*?  What did she do wrong?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 11:44:04 pm »
I am no fan of Ms. Kelly's but just what did she apologize *for*?  What did she do wrong?

No fan either..they must have really been looking for something to fire her for...because this is ridiculous.

She just made the comment that in years past kids would wear blackface as part of the character they were dressing up as and today we are all too politically correct....Al Roker had a fit and that seems to be what led her to get fired even after a tearful apology... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2018, 11:45:54 pm »
This is a tempest in a teapot, and NBC owes her a giant pile of cash.  Cowardice is expensive.  I bet she'll get another role on FOX.

being reported she is in discussions with Fox...I like this line-up and would hate to see anyone moved to satisfy Meghan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2018, 11:51:48 pm »
Kelly will probably be gone by Monday.  Nobody she works with at NBC likes her, not even her own staff.

If you remember, the beginning of the end for Megyn Kelly was that moment in the first presidential debate when Kelly’s first question out of the box for Donald Trump was a kill shot.

Many since then have speculated that outrageous question to Donald Trump effectively ended her career. It looks like they were right.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 01:26:45 am »
Kelly will probably be gone by Monday.  Nobody she works with at NBC likes her, not even her own staff.

If you remember, the beginning of the end for Megyn Kelly was that moment in the first presidential debate when Kelly’s first question out of the box for Donald Trump was a kill shot.

Many since then have speculated that outrageous question to Donald Trump effectively ended her career. It looks like they were right.

@aligncare

I know Trump supporters have despised her ever since that night, when she asked a reasonable question of a man with quite a past who was running for president.  But today Dana Loesch said that she knows Megyn personally, and the reports of her staff hating her are a lie.  Said she knows that for a fact, has talked to some of them. 

I'm neutral on Kelly, but I think Loesch is pretty straight and upfront.

If it were me I wouldn't be upset.  Take the $69 million and learn painting or something.

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 01:56:49 am »
   She should go back to FOX, she meets the 3 requirements, Boobs, legs and vapid.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2018, 03:04:18 pm »
   She should go back to FOX, she meets the 3 requirements, Boobs, legs and vapid.

NBC reports Megyn Kelly is negotiating her exit from network; would Fox take her back?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,337927.0.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn