Author Topic: Remington settles class-action suit to replace faulty gun triggers  (Read 1334 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
After several accidental deaths and serious injuries, an estimated 7.5 million Remington gun owners have 18 months to get a defective trigger replaced.

A class-action lawsuit was filed against Remington saying the guns went off without anyone pulling the trigger. The deadline for Remington to appeal the case to the Supreme Court passed on Tuesday, meaning the settlement goes into effect, CNBC reported.

The settlement affects any gun owner who has a Model 700 or similar rifle.

"Anyone with one of these guns should take advantage of this opportunity to get the trigger fixed," said Eric Holland, a lead attorney for the plaintiffs. "I've encouraged everyone to put these guns away. Don't use these guns. Make the claims now."

Remington set up a website and a hotline, 1-800-876-5940, with more information.

[excerpted]
https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2018/10/24/Remington-settles-class-action-suit-to-replace-faulty-gun-triggers/3461540388654/

I guess I'll need to call them and find out if a previously "repaired" rifle under the previous recall needs to be returned.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Remington settles class-action suit to replace faulty gun triggers
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 12:29:51 pm »
We replaced all our Rem700 triggers long ago. I picked up my Rem700 back in about 1968. I replaced the trigger with a Shilen long ago. So when my youngest bought his on his 18th birthday, we replaced his trigger with a Shilen before he had it a month. I think my oldest has a Timney in his.