Author Topic: Tennessee doctor borrowed $300K from a patient, then diagnosed her with dementia  (Read 706 times)

Offline Suppressed

Tennessee doctor borrowed $300K from a patient, then diagnosed her with dementia
Brett Kelman, Nashville Tennessean Published 10:00 p.m. CT Oct. 23, 2018

A Tennessee doctor has retired her medical license after it was discovered that she borrowed a hefty loan from a longtime patient, then diagnosed the woman with dementia when she asked for her money back, according to state discipline records.

But the doctor now insists she was “set up” by a vindictive patient, and said she only agreed to retire after state attorneys presented her with an unwinnable legal case.

“It was all lies and I was told that if I fought it would be extremely costly to me,” said Dr. Suellen Lee on Tuesday. “And there would still be no benefit. There was no chance of reversal.”

[...]

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2018/10/24/doctor-borrowed-300-k-then-diagnosed-patient-dementia/1738200002/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn