Author Topic: Poll: Nelson holds 4-point lead over Scott in Florida Senate race  (Read 2103 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: Nelson holds 4-point lead over Scott in Florida Senate race
By Lisa Hagen - 10/24/18 09:54 AM EDT

Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) holds a 4-point lead over Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R), a new poll finds in the final stretch of the heated race that could determine which party controls the Senate majority.

A poll conducted by Gravis Marketing found that Nelson, who is running for a fourth term, is ahead of Scott, 49 to 45 percent, outside the survey’s 3.5-point margin of error. Six percent of likely voters remain undecided.

Both politicians have positive job approval ratings. Forty-eight percent of likely voters approve of the job Nelson is doing, compared to 41 percent who disapprove. Meanwhile, Scott has a slightly higher approval rating, 52-41 percent.

President Trump also has a positive job approval rating in Florida, with 50 percent who approve and 47 percent who disapprove, an uptick from his past numbers in the state. Trump won the Sunshine State by a razor-thin margin in the 2016 election.

Polls have shown a tight race in the Sunshine State. Some polls earlier this month found Nelson with a wider lead, but the last two public polls showed the race in a dead heat. The RealClearPolitics polling average has Nelson leading by 3.5 points.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412901-poll-nelson-holds-4-point-lead-over-scott-in-florida-senate-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Poll: Nelson holds 4-point lead over Scott in Florida Senate race
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:28 am »
According to all the polling data, it appears that FL will turn very blue with a DEM governor and DEM senate.  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 05:58:00 pm »
According to all the polling data, it appears that FL will turn very blue with a DEM governor and DEM senate.  9999hair out0000

Please, stop.  I just pinged you to another thread with early voting data ... current to 50 minutes ago.  Please, take a look at it.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,338039.msg1830841/topicseen.html#msg1830841

@libertybele

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 06:00:45 pm »
I'm not seeing this with early voting and overall enthusiasm down there. I also see that these shit polls are bumping this fossil Rat within the MOE so they can cover their asses.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 06:01:22 pm »

No way our state Senate turns blue, not yet anyway.  Or are you talking about the Nelson/Scott race?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 02:02:43 am »
No way our state Senate turns blue, not yet anyway.  Or are you talking about the Nelson/Scott race?

Yes, Nelson has been around for quite awhile and I think he's going to be very difficult to defeat.  If Scott manages to defeat him, it will be a major with for the GOP and FL will finally be rid of the ole fossil.  I am not a fan of Scott, because he put his thumb on the 2A, but Nelson needs to go.  I really wish someone else was challenging Nelson.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 02:04:28 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 02:41:56 am »
Yes, Nelson has been around for quite awhile and I think he's going to be very difficult to defeat.  If Scott manages to defeat him, it will be a major with for the GOP and FL will finally be rid of the ole fossil.  I am not a fan of Scott, because he put his thumb on the 2A, but Nelson needs to go.  I really wish someone else was challenging Nelson.

Agreed.  I really don't want to vote for Scott.  If he's a bleep about things as governor of Florida you know he'll be an even bigger one as newbie senator.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 03:40:19 am »
Agreed.  I really don't want to vote for Scott.  If he's a bleep about things as governor of Florida you know he'll be an even bigger one as newbie senator.

Exactly.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 01:13:30 am »

Yes, and once he gets his foot in the door, it'll be hard to get him out.  Then again, what if we give Nelson six more years, and someone worse than Scott is his opposition?

IMO, give Scott six years to prove himself one way or the other.  If he's a disappointment and it's hard to primary him as an incumbent, we still got rid of Nelson, and how much better are we really going to do than Scott?  He may be squishy, but I don't see him pulling a Murcowski/Collins/McCain/Snowe on votes that matter.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.