Author Topic: Legalized marijuana linked to a sharp rise in car crashes  (Read 727 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Legalized marijuana linked to a sharp rise in car crashes
« on: October 24, 2018, 02:11:30 am »
Cuts from article... see link for full story...

...The studies looked at police reports and insurance claims, finding crashes rose between 5.2 percent and 6 percent in states with legalized recreational marijuana compared to neighboring states where such use remained illegal.

...While those under the influence of alcohol tend to either be driving alone or with other adults, about 14 percent of those confirmed to be using pot had a child in their vehicle. That reflects the fact, he added, that marijuana use isn’t confined to evenings and other times when adults are more likely to drink — and abuse — alcohol....

Police have a particularly difficult challenge because of the way marijuana works in the body.... the psychoactive ingredient remains in the body for weeks...

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/legalized-marijuana-linked-sharp-rise-car-crashes-n921511
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Legalized marijuana linked to a sharp rise in car crashes
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 06:26:32 am »
Just one reason I am dead set against Measure 3 on this year's ND ballot.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis