Author Topic: Bill Kristol assures us that the enemy is us, not the migrant caravan headed for the border  (Read 959 times)

Offline endicom

Twitchy
Brett T.
Oct. 23, 2018

It’s been said that the 7,000-person migrant caravan that started in Honduras and recently broke through the fence separating Guatemala and Mexico on its way to the U.S. border is the best campaign ad President Trump and the GOP could ask for.

When the whole “kids in cages” scandal broke (years after President Obama did the same thing, that is), Democrats made it clear that they’re for open borders, and apparently, the message got out.

Never Trumper Bill Kristol piped up Tuesday to assure American citizens that we’re the problem, not the migrant horde.

Hondurans are no danger to our freedoms, our democracy, or our well-being. We are. As Lincoln said in his Lyceum Address, the danger won’t come from abroad. It will “spring up amongst us.” Pogo echoed Lincoln: “We have met the enemy and he is us.”

— Bill Kristol (@BillKristol) October 23, 2018

More... https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2018/10/23/bill-kristol-assures-us-that-the-enemy-is-us-not-the-migrant-caravan-headed-for-the-border/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
European Elitists said the same, exact thing about the hordes of Islamist 'refugees' that were poured into their nations - now being subjugated to Sharia.

Figures that Kristol is willfully ignorant of this new form of asymmetric warfare via 'refugees' and 'migrants', even though it has been discovered to have been a long-term plan of Islam to do just this.

And from the same deck, I have read plenty of Aztlan militants promising to breed Americans into extinction.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Non-stop "Motor-mouth" Rear echelon, MFer.

No service. Ridiculing the very people doing the dangerous work.

Goes from taking credit for "washing feet of poor" one day and later calling for gunning down poor people.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

I had to unfollow Bill for this.  I like his history/literature tweets, but not that much.  Same for S.E. Cupp after her “migrants of the world, we feel your pain” tweet.

Offline Absalom

No one should be surprised by this neo-con con artist and fraud.
He is the offspring of Marxists and ardent Trotskyites between the war years.

Online mountaineer

Bill Kristol Verified account @BillKristol

There are many people who are, I think, patriots working in the Trump Administration. They aren’t personal servants of Donald Trump. They hold senior positions in the U.S. government. Whatever Trump says or doesn’t say, these officials can speak up and can speak for the country.
8:04 AM - 25 Oct 2018
Remember when Bill Kristol called on members of the Obama administration to speak up against their boss - for the country?

Nope. Me either.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

Bill's housemaid must be getting too old to reach the dust on the top shelfs.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

No one should be surprised by this neo-con con artist and fraud.
He is the offspring of Marxists and ardent Trotskyites between the war years.

@Absalom

Not surprised, really.  I know he isn't what you would call a conservative.  He still has interesting non-political things to say.