Author Topic: Poll: Most Americans Oppose Ban on “America’s Rifle”  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
NRA-ILA 10/19/2018

This week, Gallup released the results of a poll which included a finding that should surprise no one: Americans oppose a ban on AR-15s and similar semiautomatic firearms by robust a margin of 17%. Meanwhile, current support for such a ban is 7% lower than the historical trend dating back to 1996, when Gallup first began polling on the issue. Americans, in other words, appear not to have been swayed by the intense media editorializing, celebrity pontificating, and youthful activism of the past year aimed at prohibiting what are by all accounts the most popular types of rifles in the country.

Of course, even in America, you could probably find people who would claim to support a ban on apple pie. It’s not very nutritious, they might say. It’s regressive, others might insist. Americans, after all, have the right to their opinions, even the unpopular ones.

When it comes to guns, the minority opinion is strongest among people who identify as Democrats. Gallup’s latest poll shows 56% of Democrats would support a ban on semiautomatic rifles, 16% above the national average. That is more than twice the percentage of Republicans (25%) who responded the same way. But even among Democrats, support for a semiauto ban has fallen 7 points since this time last year, notwithstanding the fact that some pundits were predicting that 2018 would finally be the year when banning highly popular guns would somehow become a winning political issue.   

So what has all the “game-changing” post-Parkland grandstanding accomplished in the last eight months?

When it comes to banning guns, apparently nothing.

And it’s not just us who think so.

No one individual has shoveled more bad money into the gun control cause than billionaire Michael Bloomberg. In fact his insistence on burning huge sums of money on the issue for minimal returns almost makes you wonder how he ever got so rich in the first place.

More: https://www.nraila.org/articles/20181019/poll-most-americans-oppose-ban-on-america-s-rifle

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Poll: Most Americans Oppose Ban on “America’s Rifle”
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 04:59:43 pm »
This will not affect the gun-grabbing Rats.  They will simply lie and say "everybody" wants AR-15s banned and proceed accordingly.  This is how they've been operating for years, on more than this one issue.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:04:30 pm »
This will not affect the gun-grabbing Rats.  They will simply lie and say "everybody" wants AR-15s banned and proceed accordingly.  This is how they've been operating for years, on more than this one issue.

When the news cycle has an invasion force (disguisd as a cute name like caravan) heading our way.  Yes, people want guns.  And the shit going on south of the border only strengthens our case in the court of public opinion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:25:02 pm »
When the news cycle has an invasion force (disguisd as a cute name like caravan) heading our way.  Yes, people want guns.  And the shit going on south of the border only strengthens our case in the court of public opinion.

I agree with you about that.  What I am saying is the Rats will simply lie about the public opinion, with the help of bogus polls from the corrupt media.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: