Author Topic: Is Beto Burnout setting in? The house wasn’t full for Fort Worth rally  (Read 719 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Star Telegram By Bud Kennedy 10/20/2018

FORT WORTH

Beto Burnout might be setting in. But not on stage.

A wide-awake Democratic U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke rallied a three-fourths-full Ridglea Theater crowd early Saturday morning, emphasizing four words: “We vote on Monday.”

On the eve of early voting in his 21-month, $61 million campaign for U.S. Senate, O’Rourke barely even alluded to incumbent Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz but campaigned hard against his familar targets: Texas voters’ cynicism and disillusionment.

As national publications began speculating on a Beto 2020 presidential campaign — one headline reads “Beto O’Rourke Isn’t Running for Senate Anymore” — O’Rourke hewed to his now-familiar hope-and-change themes of inspiration and involvement to motivate a smaller-than-usual rally crowd..

“We are the government,” he told the turnout of about 1,000 mostly Anglo Democrats, a demographic which represents only about 10-15 percent of Texas voters.

“We have the power to stop the things we don’t like.”

His list “the wall, the separation [of refugee parents and children], the Muslim ban, the press as enemy of the people.”

That isn’t every Texan’s list.

But with a caravan of Honduran migrants pushing across the Mexico-Guatemala border and President Trump coming to Houston to lead a Cruz rally focusing on borders and immigration, O’Rourke doubled down on his defense of refugees and asylum seekers.

The Honduran migrant caravan is “a reminder that there is leadership elsewhere that is lacking,” said O’Rourke, an El Paso Democrat:

More: https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/bud-kennedy/article220358205.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Star Telegram By Bud Kennedy 10/20/2018

FORT WORTH

Beto Burnout might be setting in. But not on stage.

Wendy was the last flavor of the month.  And the last I read of her, she was auctioning off her panties.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wendy was the last flavor of the month.  And the last I read of her, she was auctioning off her panties.

At least those are useful. Beatoff doesn't have anything to offer that anyone wants.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
At least those are useful. Beatoff doesn't have anything to offer that anyone wants.

The Irishman could auction off his skateboard or his drum kit.
Principles matter. Words matter.