Author Topic: Proposed Amendment No. 9  (Read 1587 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Proposed Amendment No. 9
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:24:37 pm »
Prohibits Offshore Oil and Gas Drilling; Prohibits Vaping in Enclosed Indoor Workplaces

Prohibits drilling for the exploration or extraction of oil and natural gas beneath all state-owned waters between the mean high water line and the state's outermost territorial boundaries.  Adds use of vapor-generating electronic devices to current prohibition of tobacco smoking in enclosed indoor workplaces with exceptions; permits more restrictive local vapor ordinances.

Yes
-or-
No

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Proposed Amendment No. 9
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:28:10 pm »
Just Say No to the Nanny State.  It's all poison pills, this one.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:37:26 pm »
It's already a State constitutional amendment not to allow smoking in restaurants.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 07:58:44 pm »
No.  Doesn't belong at the constitution level.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 08:10:41 pm »
No.  Doesn't belong at the constitution level.

I don't think the vaping thing should be applied by the state at all.  There are two completely unrelated issues here.  I notice several of the Amendments @RoosGirl posted contain unrelated issues.  This is the sort of crap that makes me vote "No" on all props, regardless of their value.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2018, 08:13:00 pm »
I don't think the vaping thing should be applied by the state at all.  There are two completely unrelated issues here.  I notice several of the Amendments @RoosGirl posted contain unrelated issues.  This is the sort of crap that makes me vote "No" on all props, regardless of their value.

Yep!  The other thing I don't like is that the sample ballot does not give any information on further research of any of the amendments.... like actual wording of the amendments and not what some idiot at the supervisor of elections office wrote up for me.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2018, 08:17:08 pm »
Yep!  The other thing I don't like is that the sample ballot does not give any information on further research of any of the amendments.... like actual wording of the amendments and not what some idiot at the supervisor of elections office wrote up for me.

We get a thick manual containing the props, with details and pro & con arguments.  I like that.  Dittos for candidates.  I'd like to see more details about the Judge Retention votes.  I usually don't vote on that, unless I have someone to vote against because he/she is a bleep.
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 08:42:49 pm »

I agree on both counts.  However, if there is going to be a statewide ban on vaping (or smoking),  it doesn't belong in the constitution.

Same thing with pot.  I voted against legalization amendments at least twice.  Not because I really care that much about pot one way or the other, I just don't think the word marijuana belongs in our constitution.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.