Author Topic: Proposed Amendment No. 4  (Read 1167 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Proposed Amendment No. 4
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:03:33 pm »
Voting Restoration Amendment

This amendment restores the voting rights of Floridians with felony convictions after they complete all terms of their sentence including parole or probation.  The amendment would not apply to those convicted of murder or sexual offenses, who would continue to be permanently barred from voting unless the Governor and Cabinet vote to restore their voting rights on a case by case basis.

The precise effect of this amendment on state and local government costs cannot be determined, but the operation of current voter registration laws, combined with an increased number of felons registering to vote, will produce higher overall costs relative to the processes in place today.  The impact, if any, on state and local government revenues cannot be determined.  The fiscal impact of any future legislation that implements a different process cannot be reasonably determined.

Yes
-or-
No

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Proposed Amendment No. 4
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:05:30 pm »
Aw, Hell No.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:11:22 pm »
Yeah, this is a hard limit for me.  I'm a definite No.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 07:29:47 pm »
No.

Whether they should lose their voting rights in the first place, and for how long, is a slightly more interesting question.  I MIGHT support a change if addressed in that way, or if this was worded so that it only applied to new convictions. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.