Author Topic: Proposed Amendment No. 7  (Read 1200 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Proposed Amendment No. 7
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:28:12 pm »
First Responder and Military Member Survivor Benefits; Public Colleges and Universities

Grants mandatory payment of death benefits and waiver of certain educational expenses to qualifying survivors of certain first responders and military members who die performing official duties.  Requires supermajority votes by university trustees and state university system board of governors to raise or impose all legislatively authorized fees if law requires approval by those bodies.  Establishes existing state college system as constitutional entity; provides governance structure.

Yes
-or-
No

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Proposed Amendment No. 7
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:13:42 pm »
I'd be for this, had they not added the poison pill of making colleges and universities a "constitutional entity."

@RoosGirl, thanks for posting these Amendments!  I can't vote for any of them, but they are worthy of discussion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 07:55:20 pm »
No.

I don't like the mandatory death benefits thing if it is not restricted to state employees.  Let the various localities uses different incentives to attract the best talent.  If it's not my money paying for it, it's none of my business which approach they take.

Also, there's at least two amendments here.  They don't belong together.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 08:01:34 pm »
No.

I don't like the mandatory death benefits thing if it is not restricted to state employees.  Let the various localities uses different incentives to attract the best talent.  If it's not my money paying for it, it's none of my business which approach they take.

Also, there's at least two amendments here.  They don't belong together.

You make a significant point there in your second paragraph.  There are a lot of municipalities across the country that are in financial trouble because the state saddled them with these unfunded mandates.  California only contains some of them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: