Author Topic: Ted Cruz says his problems with Donald Trump and his supporters are in the past  (Read 628 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Dallas News by Gromer Jeffers Jr 10/19/2018

When it comes to President Trump, Ted Cruz says bygones are bygones.

More importantly, Texas' junior senator says he's mollified voters who were angry at him over his refusal to endorse Trump during his prime-time speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention.

That moment was the continuation of a bitter GOP presidential race between Trump and Cruz, who eventually backed Trump against Hillary Clinton when the New York businessman unveiled a list of names that he would nominate to the U.S. Supreme Court.

"That is a long, long time ago," Cruz said during a recording of Lone Star Politics, the Sunday political show produced by The Dallas Morning News and KXAS-TV (NBC5). "The priority Texas has is jobs. My No. 1 priority in the Senate has always been jobs, jobs, jobs."

If there's any doubt Trump and Cruz have made up, it will be settled Monday when they visit the Toyota Center in Houston for a mega-rally. The incumbent Republican is in a close re-election contest against Rep. Beto O'Rourke, D-El Paso.

On Friday, Trump again tweeted a message of support for Cruz, calling O'Rourke a "lightweight" who doesn't represent Texans' values.

Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Beto O’Rourke is a total lightweight compared to Ted Cruz, and he comes nowhere near representing the values and desires of the people of the Great State of Texas. He will never be allowed to turn Texas into Venezuela!
12:34 PM - 19 Oct 2018

More: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2018-elections/2018/10/19/ted-cruz-says-problems-donald-trump-supporters-past

Offline endicom

It looks like Cruz is being realistic about what can be done. He is possibly now more realistic having seen just what the opposition will do to stop any progress.

Online corbe

Sen. Cruz your efforts for mending fences with Trump's GOP are admirable and I realize you have to work with the cards dealt ya BUT leaving the Campaign Trail to vote FOR the bloated Budget which was gonna pass anyway, 12 days ago was a CF. 
   Thank the Good Lord you don't need my vote in a couple of weeks, because you were the only reason I would have voted on Nov. 6 anyway and your political miscalculation will allow me to stay 'pure'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.