Author Topic: Trump: US military will shut Mexico border to stop illegal immigration  (Read 1185 times)

rangerrebew

Trump: US military will shut Mexico border to stop illegal immigration

President insists migrants heading to the border from Central America include ‘many criminals’ and some of them are carrying drugs
PUBLISHED : Thursday, 18 October, 2018, 8:29pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 18 October, 2018, 9:59pm

US President Donald Trump said he will mobilise the US military to close the border with Mexico and stop an “assault” on the nation by a caravan of migrants from Central America.

Trump, who ran in 2016 promising to tighten US immigration laws end the inflow of people entering the country illegally, has called for cutting off foreign aid to Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador if they do not stop the migrants.

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2169202/trump-us-military-will-shut-mexico-border-stop

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Trump: US military will shut Mexico border to stop illegal immigration
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 11:47:13 pm »
Back in 1961, the East Germans built the rudiments of the Berlin Wall in a matter of days.

Yes, I realize the US/Mexico border is far far longer.

But...
Get the troops down there, as many as can be mustered up.
Call out the National Guard, too.

Get as much barbed wire as can be found, and start deploying it in the most likely crossing areas.

Be prepared to display a show of force, if it's required.

And the most critical and important measure:
DON'T BACK DOWN.

Do this between now and November 6, and the Republicans will retain their majorities in Congress handily...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:47:44 pm by Fishrrman »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 05:12:39 am »
???  I thought that Pompeo had made an agreement with Mexico and the U.N. to 'process' these people and place those who are determined to be seeking asylum in various host countries, including the U.S.

When Trump actually orders the military to line the border, I'll believe him.  Until then, there are thousands heading for our borders and if they succeed, expect thousands more.  This is just the beginning unless he shuts this down.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 05:19:20 am »
???  I thought that Pompeo had made an agreement with Mexico and the U.N. to 'process' these people and place those who are determined to be seeking asylum in various host countries, including the U.S.

When Trump actually orders the military to line the border, I'll believe him.  Until then, there are thousands heading for our borders and if they succeed, expect thousands more.  This is just the beginning unless he shuts this down.

We need to start going after the people that employ them. If we make it not worth it to hire illegals they won't come here looking for work nearly as often.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online libertybele

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 05:26:28 am »
We need to start going after the people that employ them. If we make it not worth it to hire illegals they won't come here looking for work nearly as often.

Wrong.  These people are coming here to claim asylum.  If they are granted asylum, after one year they can apply for residency, given a social security card and eligible to work.  SO ....are these people being turned away or are they being let into this country? 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/seeking-asylum-in-the-u-s-under-trump
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:28:32 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:32:03 am »
Wrong.  These people are coming here to claim asylum.  If they are granted asylum, after one year they can apply for residency, given a social security card and eligible to work.  SO ....are these people being turned away or are they being let into this country? 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/seeking-asylum-in-the-u-s-under-trump

I don't mean those people specifically. I was talking generally about the illegal immigration issue.
-Socrates

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 05:33:44 am »
It's an invasion army, some of them paid by Soros and ISIS Jihadists among them.

America is closed for entry.

Put the damn troops on the border and get assets in place to make sure nothing gets near the border. 

"Asylum seekers' need to go back to their own countries.  We are admitting no one at this time.

Violators will be shot attempting to get in.

Time to put up or shut up Mr. Trump.  This is your moment.

Were you actually serious about the border or did you simply use it to receive cheers from those you knew were tired of it and get you into office?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Dexter

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:41 am »
It's an invasion army, some of them paid by Soros and ISIS Jihadists among them.

Put the damn troops on the border and get assets in place to make sure nothing gets near the border. 

"Asylum seekers' need to go back to their own countries.  We are admitting no one at this time.

Were you actually serious about the border or did you simply use it to receive cheers from those you knew were tired of it and get you into office?

Gunning down a bunch of people at the border would be pretty bad PR.
-Socrates

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 05:44:15 am »

It is my understanding that Pompeo is in agreement with Mexico and the U.N. to process these people and determine who is eligible for asylum.  The concern of course is the sheer number of people trying to get in.  ANY success and you know darn well that there will be thousands more on their way.

Mexican authorities, in search of a way both to satisfy President Donald Trump’s demand that they deter the migrants and to avoid violating international law, have asked the United Nations to set up a migrant processing center near their southern border. Pompeo said in a statement that he welcomed that plan ....

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/pompeo-welcomes-mexico-un-plan-deal-migrant-caravan-mexicos-southern

https://www.sentinelsource.com/news/national_world/pompeo-meets-with-mexican-officials-as-a-migrant-caravan-inches/article_1690d7b2-b8c4-5bd2-854d-bb52081648e8.html

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:43:24 am »
Gunning down a bunch of people at the border would be pretty bad PR.

And Soros and the Jihadists understand that completely.

Which is why this is being done and this particular wave of the invasion army is being marched to the border.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 10:47:59 pm »
Dexter wrote:
"Gunning down a bunch of people at the border would be pretty bad PR."

Yes, I suppose.
I don't want to see kids gunned down, either.
But invading males -- that's another story.

Take a look at this picture. Take a really good look:

It's a famous image from the Warsaw ghetto in World War II. You've almost certainly seen it before.

But I want you to look at it from a new perspective, and then answer this question:
What will it take to remove illegals and KEEP them out?

Do you really, really, really think that anything less than what you see above is going to remove them from our midst, if they otherwise refuse to leave?
Do you really believe that anything less than what you see above is going to prevent millions more from swarming across our borders?

Time and time and time and time and time and time and time (had enough yet?) again, I hear in this forum about how we should protect our borders, rout out the illegals etc., etc., blah, blah, blah.

But no one here -- NO ONE -- is prepared to take the hard steps necessary to bring such goals to reality.

Except me.
I look at the pic above, and if that's what it's going to take, I can "live with it".
No, it's not pretty.
I would prefer some other way.
But, as events right now are illustrating, there really ISN'T "another way".

There's only one thing that will work.
You know what it is as well as I do, but you won't say it outloud.
I will, and I just did.

Sorry if you don't like this post...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 10:57:56 pm »

And 5,000 is the number now.  Once they get to the United States they start their families that we are forced to raise for them.

I am with you.  Its a wait and see.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 10:58:33 pm »
Actually, I believe just cutting the bennies would go a long way towards solving the problem.

They come here because they believe the government will take care of them once they get here.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 11:08:41 pm »
Actually, I believe just cutting the bennies would go a long way towards solving the problem.

They come here because they believe the government will take care of them once they get here.

It would.  And birthright citizenship also.  I just don't believe that is the intent of the law. 

The question of whether birthright citizenship should be abolished is based on the faulty premise that our Constitution actually mandates it. In fact, the text of the 14th Amendment’s citizenship clause reads: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

That text has two requirements for citizenship — that an individual is born on U.S. soil; and that an individual is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States when born.

“Subject to the jurisdiction” means more than simply being present in the United States. When the 14th Amendment was being debated in the Senate, Senator Lyman Trumbull, a key figure in its drafting and adoption, stated that “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States meant not “owing allegiance to anybody else.”

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/08/24/should-birthright-citizenship-be-abolished/birthright-citizenship-is-not-actually-in-the-constitution

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Fishrrman

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 11:27:52 pm »
Chosen Daughter, forget trying to argue about "what the Fourteenth Amendment means".

For as long as it has been in effect, it has been interpreted to mean what it generally does now:
That is to say, grant citizenship to any child born within the USA borders.

The ONLY way this can be settled is to force the issue to the Supreme Court for a definitive ruling.

If the Court chooses to ignore 100+ years of prior precedent, that's fine with me. I can accept that.

But -- if the Court accepts "the current practice" as is -- then the only way to correct it will be by a new Constitutional Amendment that either modifies the 14th or sets forth a new policy.

Other than that, you can argue until the cows come home, and it will be of no import...

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »
Chosen Daughter, forget trying to argue about "what the Fourteenth Amendment means".

For as long as it has been in effect, it has been interpreted to mean what it generally does now:
That is to say, grant citizenship to any child born within the USA borders.

The ONLY way this can be settled is to force the issue to the Supreme Court for a definitive ruling.

If the Court chooses to ignore 100+ years of prior precedent, that's fine with me. I can accept that.

But -- if the Court accepts "the current practice" as is -- then the only way to correct it will be by a new Constitutional Amendment that either modifies the 14th or sets forth a new policy.

Other than that, you can argue until the cows come home, and it will be of no import...

****sheep****

That's isn't what it has always meant.  It needs no modification.  It only needs to be upheld.

The question of whether birthright citizenship should be abolished is based on the faulty premise that our Constitution actually mandates it. In fact, the text of the 14th Amendment’s citizenship clause reads: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.”

That text has two requirements for citizenship — that an individual is born on U.S. soil; and that an individual is subject to the jurisdiction of the United States when born.

“Subject to the jurisdiction” means more than simply being present in the United States. When the 14th Amendment was being debated in the Senate, Senator Lyman Trumbull, a key figure in its drafting and adoption, stated that “subject to the jurisdiction” of the United States meant not “owing allegiance to anybody else.”

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/08/24/should-birthright-citizenship-be-abolished/birthright-citizenship-is-not-actually-in-the-constitution

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 11:48:33 pm »

This time it's only thousands.  If Trump backs down it could end up being millions.  From everywhere.
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2018, 12:41:42 am »
This time it's only thousands.  If Trump backs down it could end up being millions.  From everywhere.

IMHO, and I really hope my opinion turns out to be dead wrong, but Trump and his administration have agreed to allow the U.N. to process these people. So he's already backed down.  Unless he recants and says that the U.S. will NOT allow anymore into this country or declares a moratorium on immigration into this country, you are right.  We will see millions from everywhere.

A wall is futile at this point.  Absolutely futile and it appears that building a wall was nothing more than lip service to get him elected. 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2018, 12:43:19 am »
Hold firm Mr. President. We the people are behind you.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline XenaLee

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:56 am »
IMHO, and I really hope my opinion turns out to be dead wrong, but Trump and his administration have agreed to allow the U.N. to process these people. So he's already backed down.  Unless he recants and says that the U.S. will NOT allow anymore into this country or declares a moratorium on immigration into this country, you are right.  We will see millions from everywhere.

A wall is futile at this point.  Absolutely futile and it appears that building a wall was nothing more than lip service to get him elected.

I hope like hell you are wrong.   Because I can't handle the thought of going back to life under Democrat (commies-in-training) control again.   That last eight years of Democrats in control nearly killed our economy.  The next one will probably finish the job... and end our hard-won freedoms, in the process.

Online libertybele

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 01:01:53 am »
I hope like hell you are wrong.   Because I can't handle the thought of going back to life under Democrat (commies-in-training) control again.   That last eight years of Democrats in control nearly killed our economy.  The next one will probably finish the job... and end our hard-won freedoms, in the process.

We won't have a country that we recognize left for sure. I'm still waiting for the very staunch Trump supporters to tell me that he's got an alternate plan that we just don't know about.  So far ... silence.  Not a good sign.

Offline XenaLee

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 01:07:41 am »
We won't have a country that we recognize left for sure. I'm still waiting for the very staunch Trump supporters to tell me that he's got an alternate plan that we just don't know about.  So far ... silence.  Not a good sign.

Yeah.... can't help but notice the crickets alluva sudden.   But maybe they're just taking a break, only to come back all refreshed.  Maybe they're waiting to shower us with the good Trump news.  Maybe it's all going to come out smelling like a bunch of roses!

Nah.   :silly: