Author Topic: I see that there's still tension between Trump Republicans and non-Trump Republicans.  (Read 8518 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
WOW..spoken like a true dem..

Now I'm confused. I am making fun of Hillary supporters.

I'm not buying your epiphany btw.

For real?
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...for real :2popcorn:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

NYT agonizes (and I comment):
What if the Republicans Win Everything Again?
Total victory for the G.O.P. would mean Trump unleashed.
Let me pause here to say  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Continuing:
By David Leonhardt
Opinion Columnist

The end of Robert Mueller’s investigation. [OK] The loss of health insurance for several million people. [Nonsense] New laws that make it harder to vote. [Even more nonsense] More tax cuts for the rich. [Everyone gets tax cuts, doofus] More damage to the environment. [Nonsense] A Republican Party molded even more in the image of President Trump. [Not bloody likely]

These are among the plausible consequences if the Republicans sweep the midterm elections and keep control of both the House and Senate. [Uh, no] And don’t fool yourself. That outcome, although not the most likely one, [then why did you lead with that?] remains possible [and monkeys could fly out your butt]. The last couple of weeks of polling have shown how it could happen.

Voters who lean Republican — including whites across the South — could set aside their disappointment with Trump and vote for Republican congressional candidates. Voters who lean left — including Latinos and younger adults — could turn out in low numbers, as they usually do in midterm elections. The Republicans’ continuing efforts to suppress turnout ???? could also swing a few close elections.

No matter what, Democrats will probably win the popular vote in the House elections, for the first time since 2012. [Maybe] Trump, after all, remains unpopular. [With some folks] But the combination of gerrymandering and the concentration of Democratic voters in major cities means that a popular-vote win won’t automatically translate into a House majority.

In the Senate, the election already seems to be slipping away from the Democrats.  [works for me]  ...
And now the link to the rest of this sobfest: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/opinion/sunday/midterm-elections-republican-party-trump-senate-house.html

If only the left's tears were good for anything ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I just love how you ignore that these same "unwavering principled Conservatives" were the ones giving aid and comfort to the Hillary camp by working against the Republican candidate with a voracious zeal.

And whom would those be in particular???

The 'Establishment' leadership of the oligarchy that hands the Democrats their agenda fully-funded?

The ones who have no problem spending my great grandchildren into oblivion on their borrowed tax dime? 

Or the pissants like me that had enough of the adultery and abuse and voted third party while there is still opportunity to have a hand in shaping what remains of a dissolving civil society?

Did you really expect the actions by these few to go unchallenged in the heat of a close election??

Working for the defeat of the Republican presidential candidate DID most certainly give aid and comfort to the enemy political camp.  It gave them hope, a reason to believe in victory and it gave them energy.  Worst of all, it almost worked.

....And one or the other of "those camps" is going to win this war.

Your fellow conpatriots already promised me death for treason for being vocal about my refusal to vote for Trump and go third party during the primary and the General.  Liberty does not exist among the Left or the Trumplican 'right'.

So I can care less which mob of thugs and wannabe despots 'win' this 'war'.  I find zero difference in them and their behavior only continues to validate my assertion and both 'camps' have illustrated that they are clear and present dangers to my liberty and those of my posterity.

You may choose a Stalin over a Trotsky - but it makes no difference to liberty which of them you decide to make your ruler - liberty loses all the more under the grand lie that one is better than the other.

3 Trillion dollars plus just this year alone with absolutely no willpower or intention to slow the spending and printing money out of thin air means your future is already a barren wasteland.

You just cannot see it yet because your pantry is full, your heat and AC is still working and you have all your entertainment at your fingertips.  Once that comes to an abrupt end - it's not going to matter which camp is ruling.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Dexter

...for real :2popcorn:

What exactly do you think I am claiming? I'm not a Republican; I said that in the post. There are things Bernie Sanders says that I agree with and there are things that Ron Paul, Trey Gowdy and other right wing people say that I agree with. I am and always will be a mixed bag. I openly admit I still have some large differences in world view compared to a lot of the posters here. I have absolutely zero partisan loyalty. That's how I was able to come here, make friends and learn things. If I was just another liberal I'd be calling you an idiot and a Nazi sympathizer. I hope that after on and off spending the better part of a decade as part of this community I have proven that I am different. If not, well, honestly that kinda sucks.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:33:27 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not anymore.

Yep that ship has sailed.  Us against them time.  The middle ground is only for ideological burials now.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What exactly do you think I am claiming? I'm not a Republican; I said that in the post. There are things Bernie Sanders says that I agree with and there are things that Ron Paul, Trey Gowdy and other right wing people say that I agree with. I am and always will be a mixed bag. I openly admit I still have some large differences in world view compared to a lot of the posters here. I have absolutely zero partisan loyalty. That's how I was able to come here, make friends and learn things. If I was just another liberal I'd be calling you an idiot and a Nazi sympathizer. I hope that after on and off spending the better part of a decade as part of this community I have proven that I am different. If not, well, honestly that kinda sucks.

So what *title* do you give yourself....Lib, Indy..etc?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I still don't know what you mean. Some of us were less than enthused about candidate Trump, but still voted for him because we knew candidate Clinton would be a complete disaster.  (That would include me, by the way).  So our lack of enthusiasm equates to aid, comfort, hope and a reason to believe? I don't think so.

As for those who voted in 2016 for none of the above or one of the fringe candidates, it still is not fair to say they support the Hilldebeaste. They simply didn't support either of the two major party candidates.

And why are we rehashing 2016 right now anyway? Shouldn't we be focusing on the elections in a few weeks?

Good points all, but your last point is particularly good.  Why ARE we still rehashing what has already happened?  What's the point?  What do we have to do to get it to stop?

Offline Dexter

So what *title* do you give yourself....Lib, Indy..etc?

I don't label myself. One because I don't know of a label I'd fit into and two because I think labels have a very anti-intellectual impact on politics.
-Socrates

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Good points all, but your last point is particularly good.  Why ARE we still rehashing what has already happened?  What's the point?  What do we have to do to get it to stop?

I'm more worried about Nov 6th right now
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't label myself. One because I don't know of a label I'd fit into and two because I think labels have a very anti-intellectual impact on politics.

I don't label myself anymore either...other than being a conservative
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

Why ARE we still rehashing what has already happened?  What's the point?  What do we have to do to get it to stop?

If you can answer those questions you would be up for the Nobel next go round.

Offline mountaineer

Living in the past is so unproductive.

Offline Dexter

I don't label myself anymore either...other than being a conservative

I do not fit that label across the board. I am conservative on some issues, like immigration and the 2nd amendment. You honestly were the last person I expected to get this kind of vibe from. I thought we've always been cool.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

I'm more worried about Nov 6th right now

Unity would help. I don't want to watch conservatives destroy themselves even though I am not one of them. The whole point of this thread was "You people are STILL fighting about Trump? You're STILL mad at each other? Get over it and prepare to keep pushing against the left." People can be reasoned with; I will never stop believing that.
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

I don't think that's true. Labels are nothing but shorthand, and can save a whole lot of time in description.

In a religious context, if the guy I am talking to declares himself a Missouri Synod Lutheran, and I declare myself a Two-House Messianic, that doesn't mean that either of us fit those bills perfectly, but it saves a ton of time describing where we both are coming from.

That's all labels do.

Offline Dexter

I don't think that's true. Labels are nothing but shorthand, and can save a whole lot of time in description.

In a religious context, if the guy I am talking to declares himself a Missouri Synod Lutheran, and I declare myself a Two-House Messianic, that doesn't mean that either of us fit those bills perfectly, but it saves a ton of time describing where we both are coming from.

That's all labels do.

Labels are not without use. There's a reason why they exist. I just think people turn their brains off when they hear certain labels because they're so conditioned to believe nothing good can come from anybody attached to that label. Both sides are very guilty of that. We need to focus on thoughts and ideas, not labels.
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

Unity would help. I don't want to watch conservatives destroy themselves even though I am not one of them. The whole point of this thread was "You people are STILL fighting about Trump? You're STILL mad at each other? Get over it and prepare to keep pushing against the left." People can be reasoned with; I will never stop believing that.

Conservatives have done no such thing. To capitulate and discard Conservatism in order to placate Tumpsters and Tumpsterism would be that destruction.

You will no longer have unity. It will not happen.
Tumpsterism is based in populism and pragmatism, and holds no truth evident.
Conservatism is based in self-evident truth, and the preservation thereof.
There may be some unity where and when the two intersect by chance, but only then, by coincidence. But as a rule, the two are necessarily at crossed purposes, every bit as much as the difference between Conservatives and liberals...

Offline mountaineer

I don't want to watch conservatives destroy themselves even though I am not one of them.
Your concern is touching. And interesting.

Offline roamer_1

Labels are not without use. There's a reason why they exist. I just think people turn their brains off when they hear certain labels because they're so conditioned to believe nothing good can come from anybody attached to that label. Both sides are very guilty of that. We need to focus on thoughts and ideas, not labels.

Hard to do with folks who only care about popularity and winning.

Offline Dexter

Your concern is touching. And interesting.

Balance is necessary. The Democrats would bleep up everything if conservatism went into hibernation.
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

^^^^^^^^ This.  This is why I want you to stick around TBR.  That's pure optimism (meant in a good way) that I like to read on these threads.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Dexter

^^^^^^^^ This.  This is why I want you to stick around TBR.  That's pure optimism (meant in a good way) that I like to read on these threads.

Thank you.

Optimism tastes so much better than pessimism. It's more useful too. I think sometimes people need to be reminded that anger and negativity are poisonous. Do everything you can to keep them out of your thoughts and actions. If somebody says something cruel and unfair just remember that that is projection of what they're feeling inside at that moment. You can choose to let it inside of you too or you can refuse to be phased by it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 11:50:49 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
To capitulate and discard Conservatism in order to placate Tumpsters and Tumpsterism would be that destruction.

We have both heard it stated emphatically that only through Trump can Conservatism exist and advance.  I reject the idea and the notion completley.  Conservatism is not tied down to any individual and not to party either, despite the fact so many insist that it be tied to both person and party.  Such a thing is where monarchy and dictatorship are birthed.

Conservatism is based in self-evident truth, and the preservation thereof.
There may be some unity where and when the two intersect by chance, but only then, by coincidence. But as a rule, the two are necessarily at crossed purposes, every bit as much as the difference between Conservatives and liberals...

Wisdom speaks there.

But few are listening.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

Count me among the few that are.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.