Author Topic: I see that there's still tension between Trump Republicans and non-Trump Republicans.  (Read 8529 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Two falsities are assumed:

1) That everyone s Republican

I guess I should have said "the right."

and
2) That the alternative to voting for the Big Rhinestone 'R' is 'giving up'.

It's giving up on the GOP. In the long term that might turn out okay, but the left would gain a lot of momentum in the meantime if scores of people like you stopped voting with the Republicans.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline roamer_1

It's giving up on the GOP.

No... That boat sailed back in 07.
Again, the assumption that the GOP is the Right. It is not.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Spoken like a true democrat.

You forgot to assert Hillary voter and supporter too.

Don't forget to equate me with Antifa and Al Qaeda and ISIS.  We wouldn't want anyone to think you've gone soft on illustrating yourself to be what you accuse others of being now would we?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod1

All posters are reminded of the rules of this forum, including the forum owner's statement, "When someone breaks the rule this will be posted to them for 1st offense..2nd offense is 6hr timeout...2nd offense is 12hr and so on..."

This is a suggestion that from this point forward, everyone refrain from sniping at one another.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You know....its really hard to take anyone serious who has GW with a MAGA hat avatar.  Nice job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You know....its really hard to take anyone serious who has GW with a MAGA hat avatar.  Nice job.

Look closer at the hat
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:30:00 am by Mod1 »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Look closer at the hat

prints too fine to read.. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:33:10 am by Mod1 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
   It say's " Make America"   

as in he made america.  D'oh
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:35:58 am by The Ghost »

Offline Mod1

"No personal insults" means no personal insults. Both of you cut it out. The forum rules are not difficult to understand or follow.

Offline Frank Cannon

"No personal insults" means no personal insults. Both of you cut it out. The forum rules are not difficult to understand or follow.

I've had just about enough of these generally retarded reminders being pimped on all the threads tonight. I don't what type of fire was lit under your Mod asses, but the actions being taken posting this reminder are absurd. Everyone wants to run some hippy dippy forum with all political persuasions allowed to post but then get their panties in a bunch when punches are thrown. It doesn't work like that in the real world and it ain't going to work here. Come up with a better solution.

If this post is molested, modified or deleted there will be consequences.

Offline MOD8

Frank, take it offline.  We are happy to respond to your concerns.

BTW - punching is fine - as long as it's above the belt.  Below the belt has consequences and results in cleanup activity.

Offline Wingnut

I demand My Beer Summit. Gawd damnit.

Offline Dexter

Kiss my ass.

That mod has been tasked with trying to keep things decent around here so constructive conversation can happen. You were not disrespected in any way. It's unbecoming of grown people to treat each other like that. I bet at the end of the day you're a pretty decent guy; maybe you're having a bad night tonight. I hope sometime later you apologize.
-Socrates

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank, take it offline.  We are happy to respond to your concerns.

I made my comment. There isn't anything more to say.

Offline Absalom

For some of us, NO - Trump is not the reason we left the GOP.  Trump simply affirms that our decision to dump the feckless party and move on was a wise and timely choice.

In my case, the years leading up to the 2014 midterms and ultimately the 2016 election were the last straw.  The GOP proved they absolutely had zero intention to do anything they campaigned on except to hand Obama his agenda on a paid-for by taxpayer debt silver platter, give their base the middle finger, and adopt the Democrat agenda as their own to protect.  They demonstrated they can and will go to vicious war against an actual Conservative to push an Establishment statist (McDaniels/Cochran anyone?) and treat rabid Leftists as equals while performing kabuki 'hearings' into treason and criminality while doing absolutely nothing about it beyond theatrics.

The "You are 100% with us or 100% against us" meme during elections by both GOP party hacks and later by Trump's fanatics made the schism permanent AFAIC.

Most of it actually is less about Trump and more about principles that are regarded as losers and therefore disposable for political pragmatism's sake or insoluble and resolute without any willingness to compromise on surrendering them.  THAT is where the actual line in the sand and all the combat is actually centered.  That Trump's fans now ridicule foundational moral principles with the same ferocity and contempt that the Godless Left does, simply confirms for people like me that what now exists in the GOP under Trump, are people who can care less about Liberty and more about lockstep loyalty to party and president.  They want payback, retribution and revenge.  They want a mob of unified True Believers, or they will count anyone else as an enemy.   They would instill their own brand of tyranny if they could, and they have demonstrated the same disdain for political speech and opinions they disagree with as much as the Left has demonstrated.

I've given up on the Republican Party after slaving for it for two decades plus.  They are hopelessly infiltrated with Democrats, corrupted and lost without any chance of redemption AFAIC.

My efforts, money and time are going to be spent elsewhere to support the cause that party has abandoned.

Any chance of getting along is going to lie in letting people be free to support whom they choose without being treated and labeled as an enemy of the people.

But I do not think that is going to happen when a whole bunch of people insist that the country is at stake and you are either 100% with them, or you are 100% an enemy.  As long as that intolerant position dominates the discourse here and elsewhere - there is no chance of 'healing' the schism.  It will be permanent.
------------------------------------
Beyond astounding the level of blather.
Our only principled conservative party, since founding,
was the Southern Agrarian & Rural Democrats of Henry,
Jefferson, Madison, Rutledge, Calhoun; among dozens.
Sadly the Civil War destroyed those aspirations and values.
The Republicans emerged as an anti-slavery party drawing
support from northern mercantile interests beginning
w/Fremont 1856.They never had anything to do
w/Principled Conservatism; NOT FOR A SINGLE DAY!!!!!
Lord have mercy.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

It's hard to have a conversation about unity without mention of Donald because he's the main reason for the current schism in the GOP. Donald Trump is the reason why Republicans have been infighting so much the last couple of years. The best way to heal that schism is to talk plainly about it and then figure out the best way to push forward, or at least that's my opinion. You're worried I'm stoking some kind of fire on this board? I don't know; maybe I am. Republicans need to figure this out, unless y'all really have just given up.

The "current schism" has been building since before I was born.  Trump isn't the main reason for it, he's simply the guy who was at the head of the ticket when things got ugliest (so far, at least during the times I'm old enough to remember).  A lot of us didn't leave the GOP because of Trump, we left because the GOP has taken us for granted in every single election we've ever been able to participate in (in my case, I bailed when they re-elected Boner as Speaker).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It's hard to have a conversation about unity without mention of Donald because he's the main reason for the current schism in the GOP. Donald Trump is the reason why Republicans have been infighting so much the last couple of years. The best way to heal that schism is to talk plainly about it and then figure out the best way to push forward, or at least that's my opinion. You're worried I'm stoking some kind of fire on this board? I don't know; maybe I am. Republicans need to figure this out, unless y'all really have just given up.

I agree w/ Invar, I haven't voted for a Republican president (party pick at least) for the last 3 elections. I may never get to vote for a real conservative in the remainder of my lifetime at the rate the GOP is throwing junk at us.

So be it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Axeslinger

That mod has been tasked with trying to keep things decent around here so constructive conversation can happen. You were not disrespected in any way. It's unbecoming of grown people to treat each other like that. I bet at the end of the day you're a pretty decent guy; maybe you're having a bad night tonight. I hope sometime later you apologize.

@Dexter
Take the time to go read @The Ghost posting history.  He virtually never has anything constructive to say.  His primary schtick is to be a jerk-off to everyone who doesn’t worship at his trump altar.  He just got off a time-out period.  He’s just pining for another one.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

Not voting republican? Sounds to me awfully close to demplant-ish.   :nono:

Offline Dexter

The "current schism" has been building since before I was born.  Trump isn't the main reason for it, he's simply the guy who was at the head of the ticket when things got ugliest (so far, at least during the times I'm old enough to remember).  A lot of us didn't leave the GOP because of Trump, we left because the GOP has taken us for granted in every single election we've ever been able to participate in (in my case, I bailed when they re-elected Boner as Speaker).

Maybe it's more accurate to say that Donald Trump is currently the face of a schism that has been present for a while? Either way when speaking of Republican unity in 2018 I think Donald Trump is very relevant to the conversation. He's a catalyst for infighting currently.
-Socrates

Offline jpsb

I agree w/ Invar, I haven't voted for a Republican president (party pick at least) for the last 3 elections. I may never get to vote for a real conservative in the remainder of my lifetime at the rate the GOP is throwing junk at us.

So be it.

But yall just loved that sorry POS G.W. Bush. The Nevers here haven't the slightest idea of what
it means to be a conservative. Trump is the most conservative president since IKE. Vastly more
conservative than any Bush.

Offline Axeslinger

But yall just loved that sorry POS G.W. Bush. The Nevers here haven't the slightest idea of what
it means to be a conservative. Trump is the most conservative president since IKE. Vastly more
conservative than any Bush.
@jpsb

Read @INVAR and my posts above.   For the 836,742 time.  The problem isn’t trump.  The problem is YOU and your ilk who keep spouting stupid shit like what you did here. We give trump credit when he does conservative things.  But that ain’t good enough for you.   We must bow down in realty to him (and to y’all) and beg for your forgiveness.  Screw that and screw you.  I give credit when conservatism is advanced and I demean when it is not. 

You are the problem here because that isn’t good enough for you.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

What exactly are the point of your posts other than to insult and incite?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I guess I should have said "the right."

It's giving up on the GOP. In the long term that might turn out okay, but the left would gain a lot of momentum in the meantime if scores of people like you stopped voting with the Republicans.
If the Republicans hadn't been so consistent in voting with the democrats maybe I wouldn't have left. But I will vote the Conservative line as I see it, not as some people(not you Dexter) tell me to or they brand me as a democrat, traitor or worse.
 I had with the GOP after they consistently cave to the democrats every time they had a majority. To paraphrase good old George Putnam ' I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican party left me.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Not voting republican? Sounds to me awfully close to demplant-ish.   :nono:

And you sound just like the "Tolerant" Leftists that do not tolerate any behavior, speech or ideas that do not worship and support their party.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775