Author Topic: Sig Sauer’s new M17 Part 1  (Read 1636 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Sig Sauer’s new M17 Part 1
« on: October 17, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »
Pyramid Air by Dennis Adler 10/16/2018

This is where the history of blowback action CO2 air pistols begins to change. Sig Sauer has not only stepped over the threshold of a door that no one had opened before, they also built the door. The M17 could be a game changer for the future of blowback action 4.5mm pellet-firing pistols and that’s a lot to say in an opening statement, but I have had my hands on this pistol for over a month waiting to tell its story. We begin with the P320.

The Sig Sauer P320 CO2 model was introduced in 2017 and was not the epiphany in pellet-firing blowback action CO2 models air gunners were hoping for. But I have a somewhat different perspective on the P320 CO2 model than most, having tested and evaluated the centerfire P320 modular handgun system that evolved into the M17 back in 2016. I knew that when Sig Sauer got into the airgun manufacturing business to build training guns that it could never be the equal of a P320; yes some airguns are the BB-firing version of their centerfire counterparts, including the Sig Sauer WE THE PEOPLE 1911, but when you are talking a pellet-firing semi-auto, you are not going to achieve the same goal, at least not for the price of most blowback action CO2 models. There had to be compromises and Sig Sauer chose wisely for the most part developing a P320 CO2 model that could serve the basic needs of the design for training and still be an enjoyable and affordable recreational air pistol. Not everyone will agree with me on this but the P320 was a means to an end, a stepping stone for a company that moves quickly.

More: https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-experience/sig-sauers-new-m17-part-1/

The Sig Sauer P320 ASP is a full-size duplicate of the P320 Nitron centerfire version, left,
which is one of the P320 configurations I had tested for Combat Handguns. The CO2
model has a full length dustcover accessory rail to mount lights and light laser
combinations for training practice, but comes with the compromises that have
been corrected for the most part in the new M17 ASP.

Offline thackney

Re: Sig Sauer’s new M17 Part 1
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 09:09:35 pm »
Interesting:

Life is fragile, handle with prayer