Author Topic: 2018/winter 2019 football season thread  (Read 3562 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• TBR's resident Grim Reaper
  • J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: 2018 football season thread
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2019, 05:14:36 PM »
Arena football is fading away. I think the league is down to six teams I believe.
Five, actually, and only three owners among them. But they're not the only league anymore—there's the NAL on the East Coast, then CIF and the IFL in the midwest. (There's also the AAL, but that's really just semi-pro.)

Online kevindavis

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »
Five, actually, and only three owners among them. But they're not the only league anymore—there's the NAL on the East Coast, then CIF and the IFL in the midwest. (There's also the AAL, but that's really just semi-pro.)

That is correct, the Arena Football has kinda splinetered.
"Last but not least, I was a Republican, a Reagan Republican. Still am. Not a Tea Party Republican. Not a Breitbart Republican. Not a talk radio or Fox News Republican. Not an isolationist, protectionist, immigrant-bashing, scapegoating, get-nothing-useful-done Republican. Not, as I am often dismissed by self-declared "real" conservatives, a RINO, Republican in Name Only. I'm a Reagan Republican, a proponent of lower taxes, less government, free markets, free trade, defense readiness, and democratic internationalism."
John McCain

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2019, 09:08:03 PM »
Only 30 days until LFL
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Re: 2018/winter 2019 football season thread
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
I've decided to change the title and keep this thread going through the winter with the alternative leagues if anybody wants to say anything about them.

Offline EasyAce

• I'll play the blues for you . . .
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2019, 07:20:37 PM »
The top ten film titles that could have applied to Snoozer Bowl LIII . . .

10) The Big Sleep
9) Vertigo
8) While You Were Sleeping
7) Sleeping Beauty
6) Coma
5) Sleeper
4) Flatliners
3) Sleeping with the Enemy
2) The Plague of the Zombies

. . . and, the number one film title that could have applied to Snore Bowl LIII . . .

1) The Dead Zone

Online kevindavis

« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2019, 09:07:10 PM »
So far I'm liking the AAF.

1. Much faster pace (no tv timeouts)
2. Actually playing football

The only thing I question is that there is no kickoffs.
"Last but not least, I was a Republican, a Reagan Republican. Still am. Not a Tea Party Republican. Not a Breitbart Republican. Not a talk radio or Fox News Republican. Not an isolationist, protectionist, immigrant-bashing, scapegoating, get-nothing-useful-done Republican. Not, as I am often dismissed by self-declared "real" conservatives, a RINO, Republican in Name Only. I'm a Reagan Republican, a proponent of lower taxes, less government, free markets, free trade, defense readiness, and democratic internationalism."
John McCain

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2019, 10:20:26 PM »
So far I'm liking the AAF.

1. Much faster pace (no tv timeouts)
2. Actually playing football

The only thing I question is that there is no kickoffs.

I suspect the kickoff as we knew it is a thing of the past.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online kevindavis

« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2019, 10:22:23 PM »
I suspect the kickoff as we knew it is a thing of the past.

I thnk you are right. 
John McCain

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:59 AM »
I liked the production. I ended up watching the online feed, which had almost no commercials, and it felt a little awkward at times. The TV side of things was good, and the fans came out to support the team, especially in San Antonio.

The on-field product? Well, it was a first ever game, so yeah, it was kind of sloppy. I feel bad for Atlanta—I didn't watch much of that one, but from what I read, their head coach and offensive coordinator quit shortly before the season started, and Steve Spurrier made them pay. (Which is funny since there were a few articles from the past few days suggesting that Spurrier was over the hill and wasn't in touch with the modern game... then he runs the Philly Special. About that...)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »
Well, it looks like the AAF is doing something right: it got more viewers than the NBA did.
https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-saturday-february-10-2019/

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2019, 09:10:54 AM »
Kaepernick update:
His asking price right now? $20,000,000. And he had the audacity to demand that from a league that pays $70,000 a year.

Gee, I wonder why he hasn't been signed yet!

https://www.apnews.com/699ba621f5fb414d8708513ea294e49e

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf