Author Topic: 2018/winter 2019 football season thread  (Read 16483 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: 2018 football season thread
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 07:17:46 pm »
Nor did their coaching.
It was strange that the running game pooped out whenever they got within the 20 yard line!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 07:38:39 pm »
It was strange that the running game pooped out whenever they got within the 20 yard line!
Y'know, the worst part of that game was that Saban must have gone for it at least four times on fourth-and-whatever in the red zone. I hate to come off as overly conservative (oh, who am I kidding? This is a conservative forum), but if they'd've converted just two out of four field goals there, that's a three-possession game. If they'd made all four, that's a two-possession game, and they don't have to jump to a passing game that failed them all night.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 09:43:11 pm »
@dfwgator

The last QB to beat BAMA that badly was Danny Wuerffel.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 01:12:10 am »
Divisional roundup:

AFC:
Chiefs defeat Colts, 31-13
First-half trouncing proves enough as Chargers comeback attempt falls short, Pats win 41-28, Brady still makes mockery of professional football

NFC:
Rams defeat Cowboys, 30-22
"NO" repeat: Saints knock off Foles and the Eagles, 20-14

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2019, 04:45:54 am »
Disgusting pass interference non-call at the end of the NFC championship.  What an embarrassment for the NFL.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:01:50 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 01:58:35 am »
Back to the NFL

How is this not pass interference?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 02:20:28 am »
Back to the NFL

How is it not a personal foul for helmet-to-helmet contact?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 02:21:39 am »
Disgusting pass interference non-call at the end of the NFC championship.  What an embarrassment for the NFL.

I have no interest in what happens from here on out, other than the Rams getting creamed in the Super Bowl.  But I won't be watching.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2019, 02:33:37 am »
Officiating has stunk all year. Why should the playoffs be any different?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2019, 02:34:44 am »
Officiating has stunk all year. Why should the playoffs be any different?

NFL had to do something to beef up excitement in the LA market, since nobody really cares about the Rams or Chargers there.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2019, 02:52:36 am »
Can't believe this will slip through the Chiefs' hands but it looks like it.... 39 seconds, you never know. Very good game though imho.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2019, 02:53:52 am »
Just turned on the game to root against the Cheatriots.  I see Brady throw his third INT, only to have it called back because of an offsides penalty the network refused to re-show.  This league is rigged.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2019, 02:54:46 am »
I'm convinced the league wants KC to win. Mahomes is the "it" guy.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2019, 02:56:31 am »
Break for KC along with a great pass.... down to around the 20 yard line of NE... how about that. FG ties, TD wins... (obviously)...

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2019, 03:17:38 am »
I hope the Patriots destroy the Rams*.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2019, 03:19:50 am »
I hope they both lose.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2019, 03:26:46 am »
I've got to think the Rams will be favored....both of these games went to OT, so...yes, a team won but it was drawn at regulation, fwiw. Just like in soccer.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 03:26:49 am »
@catfish1957
I didn't know Don Denkinger was an NFL referee.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2019, 03:38:46 am »
Just turned on the game to root against the Cheatriots.  I see Brady throw his third INT, only to have it called back because of an offsides penalty the network refused to re-show.  This league is rigged.

They're not even hiding the rigging very well any more.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:51 am »
@catfish1957
I didn't know Don Denkinger was an NFL referee.

More like Mr. Magoo.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2019, 04:06:58 am »
Back to the NFL

Not just personal foul, that stuff nowadays should see an ejection.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2019, 04:08:54 am »
NFL had to do something to beef up excitement in the LA market, since nobody really cares about the Rams or Chargers there.
The Chargers never belonged in LA to begin with.

I know what will eventually happen: the Chargers will move to the new stadium, still only draw 20,000 fans or so (most of them from the other team), and they'll break the lease and head to another city. Spanos has talked about going outside the U.S. in the past. Maybe he's the one that ends up moving to London.

The Rams have a long history there; I think they'll do OK in the long run. LA may not be a passionate football town, but it's got access to Hollywood and all the money that entails. Part of the reason they lost steam in the 80s and 90s was the Raiders coming in and sucking out all the attention.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:09:53 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2019, 04:14:48 am »
The Chargers never belonged in LA to begin with.

I know what will eventually happen: the Chargers will move to the new stadium, still only draw 20,000 fans or so (most of them from the other team), and they'll break the lease and head to another city. Spanos has talked about going outside the U.S. in the past. Maybe he's the one that ends up moving to London.

The Rams have a long history there; I think they'll do OK in the long run. LA may not be a passionate football town, but it's got access to Hollywood and all the money that entails. Part of the reason they lost steam in the 80s and 90s was the Raiders coming in and sucking out all the attention.

The Raiders are still the most popular team in LA.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 04:18:45 am »
More like Mr. Magoo.
@dfwgator
Please---Magoo, Ray Charles, and Stevie Wonder would have gotten the call right!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 04:41:48 am »
Damn it...neither of my picks are in (Chiefs and Saints)...just because I hate LA less than New England, go Rams...ungh.  I so want that arrogant ass Brady to lose again.  But seeing as how he's not facing the NFC East in the SB, he'll probably win...sigh.  Signed, Eagles Phan! 
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.