Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke’s “lifelong Republican mother” not so lifelong  (Read 876 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Beto O’Rourke may be down in the polls by double digits but he’s still out on the trail trying to win over voters with his compelling life story. One big part of that tale involves his mother, a “lifelong Republican” who has finally seen the light and is supporting both her son and the Democratic Party. It’s a great campaign talking point, but the truth appears to be either more complicated than that or something else entirely. The Washington Times reports this week that Mrs. O’Rourke has actually been a frequent Democratic voter, and while she’s given money to candidates from both parties, she’s definitely chipped in for Democrats, including Barack Obama.

Rep. Beto O’Rourke often touts his mother in speeches and interviews as a lifelong Republican, who now supports his effort to unseat Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas. Not really.

According to a CNN report Tuesday, Melissa O’Rourke is a frequent voter in Democratic primaries who donated to Barack Obama before he became president.... she voted in the Democratic primary 15 of the last 17 times stretching back to 2000. So this “sudden conversion” to Democratic principles doesn’t look particularly new. She clearly doesn’t care for President Trump, but her voting record doesn’t fit in with the picture her son has been painting on the campaign trail...

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/17/beto-orourkes-lifelong-republican-mother-not-lifelong/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis talks about the most ridiculous things rather than address how he'll pay for "free" healthcare for everybody.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Lyin' Robert.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lyin' Robert.
He's a POS punk, who I hope is about as forgotten as Wendy Davis in about a year.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
He's a POS punk, who I hope is about as forgotten as Wendy Davis in about a year.

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GrouchoTex

Who?
 :cool: