Author Topic: John Boehner to headline pot summit, advise investors on future of 'green gold rush'  (Read 551 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The swamp smells like weed, and John Boehner is scheduled to address the first ever "American Cannabis Summit: Countdown to Legalization."

The former House Speaker got into pot because he said medical marijuana could help combat the opioid epidemic and help veterans with PTSD. Now Boehner headlines an event that promises to offer “a roadmap for staking your claim to this 'green gold rush.'”

Boehner isn’t the one slinging dope, and he isn’t even a registered lobbyist. He signed on as a strategic adviser with lobbying shop Squire Patton Boggs and a board member with the pro-pot group Acreage Holdings, but a search of the Senate Lobbying Database shows no registration.

...In short, Boehner has loosened up. Apparently, so have his standards.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/john-boehner-to-headline-pot-summit-advise-investors-on-future-of-green-gold-rush 
So John was puffing other than cigs.  Likely Barry is unhappy he was not selected as keynote speaker at forum.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline RetBobbyMI

Figures...I suppose there was a hidden reason behind his crying?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy