Author Topic: Money vs. momentum: What to watch for in final Beto O'Rourke-Ted Cruz debate  (Read 874 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
John C Moritz, Wichita Falls Times Record News 10/15/2018

Democrat Beto O'Rourke will ride into San Antonio on yet another wave of record fundraising while incumbent Ted Cruz will take the stage for the final debate of the campaign for U.S. Senate cushioned by recent polls showing the Republican opening a widening lead.

Here are a few things to keep an eye out for once the debate begins at 8 p.m. Central time Tuesday:

No more Mr. Nice Guy?

When Cruz and O'Rourke squared off in Dallas last month, experts said the Republican scored by staying on message and staying on the offensive. O'Rourke, who when he began campaigning last year was still somewhat unknown outside his native El Paso, was considered the winner of the likability contest by pushing high ideals over pointed attacks.

But since that Sept. 21 event, polls have showed O'Rourke slipping from 3-5 percentage points behind Cruz to as much as 9 points down. So the question hanging in the air now is, will O'Rourke go negative.

And if he does, will the tactic be effective for a candidate who has been branding himself as a post-partisan politician who'd bring a unifying voice to the often fractious U.S. Senate?

Will Cruz coast?

Short answer: It's not in his nature. But there is the sense in the Cruz camp that the wind is at his back. Even when a biting attack piece not affiliated with O'Rourke surfaced last week questioning whether Cruz has the stones of a true Texan, his aides took a pass on the opportunity to counter-punch.

More: https://www.timesrecordnews.com/story/news/local/2018/10/15/what-watch-beto-orourke-ted-cruz-debate-san-antonio/1644282002/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
O'Rourke didn't win by any measure. He was nervous and pouted like a child, making digs under his breath when Cruz easily showed him up.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

I've got it set to record on C-SPAN.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
O'Rourke didn't win by any measure. He was nervous and pouted like a child, making digs under his breath when Cruz easily showed him up.

Cruz needs to step on his throat, and choke the political life out of him for good.

This mofo's a roach.  We need to permanently embarrass him from future ventures.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:26:43 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

Cruz needs to step on his throat, and choke the political life out of him for good.

This mofo's a roach.  We need to permanently embarrass him from future ventures.

Beatoff should go the way of Wendy Davis. I'm counting on it. I hope the FEC clobbers him, too. Such a crooked little $h!t.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 03:29:29 pm by austingirl »

Offline austingirl

The listing on C-SPAN has removed the Cruz/O'Rourke debate. Wonder why?  Death knell of the fake Hispanic's campaign?

You can watch it on KENS5. Only 120 people will be in the audience. Each campaign got 60 tickets.

FACEBOOK: The debate will be on Facebook Live. Go to facebook.com/kens5.
•TWITTER: The debate will be live on Periscope. Go to twitter.com/kens5.
•YOUTUBE: The debate will be live on our YouTube page. Go to youtube.com/kens5eyewitnessnews

Offline libertybele

I'm not sure it really matters at this point.  I would think by now, most would have made up their minds by now; either you're for the GOP or the DEMS and people will vote accordingly.

Cruz remains out raised financially by BETO.  Right now I think Ted and the GOP should be more concerned with the left's corruption and fraudulent voting tactics.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.