Author Topic: Pennsylvania Dem forced to resign from local party over ‘Stand for the flag’ Facebook post  (Read 1344 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Mark Salvas, the former executive director of the Allegheny County Democratic Party, told Pittsburgh's KDKA News that the county party chair asked him to resign after just weeks on the job.

Salvas, a former Marine and Gulf War veteran, told KDKA that his forced departure was prompted by two social media posts, including one photo of him and his wife with the words: "I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross."

Rep. Ed Gainey (D-Penn.) told KDKA that the posts were "insensitive" and offensive to many Democrats in the state.
"To put that up on Facebook was, to me, insensitive, also to African Americans, who, as you know, have backed the Democratic Party for quite a long time, and everybody knows that it was insensitive," Gainey said.

(excerpt, more at:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pennsylvania-dem-forced-to-resign-from-local-party-over-‘stand-for-the-flag’-facebook-post/ar-BBOppXw
)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Unfathomable, I was going to post this.

"I stand for the flag" and "I kneel at the cross".

rangerrebew

Dem Who Said, ‘I Stand for the Flag, I Kneel at the Cross’ Forced to Resign as Local Party Exec

Mark Salvas has, reportedly been forced to resign his position as Democratic Party Executive Director in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania because of social media posts sympathetic to God, country, and an accused police officer.

As local station KDKA reports [1]:

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

Source URL: https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/dem-who-said-i-stand-flag-i-kneel-cross-forced-resign-partys-county-chair

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If you can't respect the flag, then you might as well just admit outright that your party is attempting to takeover the country in a coup and imposing an ideology that looks more like North Korea than America.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Mod2

Offline MajorClay

Welcome to the Republican party my friend.