Author Topic: New Marquette poll finds Scott Walker, Tony Evers in statistical tie in governor's race  (Read 944 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New Marquette poll finds Scott Walker, Tony Evers in statistical tie in governor's race
From the Election 2018: Learn about the candidates and issues series

MARK SOMMERHAUSER msommerhauser@madison.com Oct 11, 2018

Republican Gov. Scott Walker has erased his deficit against Democrat Tony Evers in the latest Marquette Law School Poll, with the two in a statistical tie less than a month before the Nov. 6 election.

The poll results released Wednesday found Walker getting 47 percent support among likely voters, compared to 46 percent for Evers and 5 percent for Libertarian Phil Anderson.

Unlike the governor’s race, the poll finds the dynamics of Wisconsin’s U.S. Senate contest basically unchanged from last month. Democrat Tammy Baldwin leads Republican Leah Vukmir in the new poll, 53 percent to 43 percent.

Read more at: https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/new-marquette-poll-finds-scott-walker-tony-evers-in-statistical/article_9b3f7c3b-bf9b-50e2-85ff-eb0b53099547.html

That's more like it for Governor Walker... Marquette poll is thought to be decent. There certainly is a big discrepancy with that other poll posted in this forum.

I read Walker's book, he lost the first race he ever ran. If he should lose, I can see him running again for State Office, I think he could bounce back vs. a number of other politicians. His name and reputation are probably good enough that people might want him back.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:04:59 pm by TomSea »

Offline MajorClay

I don't believe it. Walker by 4